taco_in_the_hood

Tacos T-MOD application

Posted (edited)

Pre-requisites

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community yes 
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed. yes
  • You must understand the chain of command. yes
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community.Yes
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing. yes
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank. yes
  • As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events. yes 
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and RP. yes
  • You must have at least 60 active hours within 1 month on the server. yes
  • You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community. yes

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:204664550

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/vicente6910/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): SGM tako v kapyushone.

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): I use to go by Taco_in_the hood. But I currently go by Tako v kapyushone .

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No I am not.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: I use to be mod on a darkrp server called galaxis gaming with an average player base of 50.  And trial mod on ranch darkrp.

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof): As of making this I have 899 hours.  https://www.gametracker.com/player/taco_in_the_hood/139.99.162.1:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : User.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: As previously stated I was a mod on a darkrp server so I know most of the ulx administration commands.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: I have just come back from a long LOA, so I would say around a 5-6.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Of course, I am! 

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: I accept.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes I do and it works loud and clear from my knowledge.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes I understand.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I have not had any bans that I remember. but  I have had a few warn from back when I was a minge around a year ago. I think I should still be accepted because I have grown not just as a player but as a person in the last year. And I have improved the way I look at and respond to rp in general.

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?: Not much due to needing to be in discord for spetsnaz operations but I will start getting on more soon.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon): Yes.

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: I have played on this server from more than a year and I have enjoyed every moment of it, and I have seen multiple influential community members come and go. I have also been in all 3 factions at a relatively high level in 2 of them, this allows me to see and understand what the player in sits are going through and why they might have done it. I also find the lack of staff on in the early hours can ruin rp and minges often run wild during these hours making it hard to do simple tasks like capping fob hard with all the team killing. Most of my role models since I joined the server have held some sort of staff position Dom, Lolly and rex are just a few who come to mind being able to have players look up to me and follow in my footsteps would be a great honour to me, And hopefully I can inspire future players to apply for staff and keep the cycle going.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I excel at working in teams due to my past history of having to work in teams of all shapes and sizes mainly from soccer which I have played for more than 10 years at this point, And just normal day to day task like helping friends fix their bikes and any other items that they may have broken. Another reason is that I just find communication extremely easy due to me just enjoying talking with people and hearing what they have to say and how their day was.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: A way I fell like I have impact on the newer player is by getting to know the new players who join the server and making them feel welcome and accepted and a part of the community. I also enjoy helping them understand the basics of the server such as useful binds to have for day to day use and what weapons could be considered “Meta”. Or just explain to them the rules if they aren’t to clear on them.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: My name is vicente but my friends call me vinna and I was born in Chile and moved to Melbourne at the age of 2, one of my favourite past times is watching/playing soccer and I have played for my team for 10 years so far. I have played gmod for 3 years now and I would consider it one of my favourite games to play. I am also a fluent Spanish speaker and I prefer to speak Spanish.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react? I would firstly check the logs to see how many people were killed in his spree, then I would !jailTP him to a quiet area of the map to make sure we don’t ruin other players RP. Then I would !bring any of the victims and ask then what happened and do the same with the perpetrator to make sure I know what happened, I would check his warns and make sure his has not done any acts like this in the past, if not a simple 5 day ban awaits him. And that when he gets unbanned to be on his best behaviour because his next punishment will be bigger than what he got now, and that if he ever wishes to apply for staff it might come and bight him in the back.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react? As a moderator I would firstly !jailTP him to a spot in the map where no one usually wanders/ has no relevance to RP. Then I would proceed to check the logs and tp one of the victims to make sure I get both sides of the story. I would check his warns to make sure that this is his first time mass RDMing if it’s not, he would get a longer ban. , I would ask both parties what happened and from there I would take action. I In this case a 1.5 week ban seeing as he has broken other rules before. I would tell him that when he gets unbanned that any punishment, he gets will be more severe. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my app I hope that whatever decision you come to you feel like you make the right choice.

Edited by taco_in_the_hood
Improving answers/fixing spelling

Just due to the fact of you stating you have just previously returned from an LOA hence the reason you may not be as known is odd, I'd seriously suggest you make more of an appearance in-game and on the Teamspeak allowing staff and players to get to feel how you work ect. 
This is an important factor as people obviously change and you never want someone giving feedback on your previous behaviour (positive or negative). 

Anyways, good luck.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Ian said:

Just due to the fact of you stating you have just previously returned from an LOA hence the reason you may not be as known is odd, I'd seriously suggest you make more of an appearance in-game and on the Teamspeak allowing staff and players to get to feel how you work ect. 
This is an important factor as people obviously change and you never want someone giving feedback on your previous behaviour (positive or negative). 

Anyways, good luck.

-1 reasons stated above,

and this application needs to improve there is very little detail and could have done better in the questions, and I haven't seen you on much on TeamSpeak, get on TeamSpeak more, improve this app (making more detail) might make this -1 into a +1 but for now its going to stay like this right now.

I'm going to change my decision to a Neutral

due to the fact is how you improved your application and you DMed me about how you could improve the app. I'm not going to +1 nor -1 this app due to the fact you came off LOA 2 weeks ago.  

With that being said best of luck your way! 

Edited by Joel
Changed my -1 to a Neutral
  • Informative 1

I believe there could be potential, keen to see what you can show the staff team!

• Friendly 1

-/+
I have you in high regard but you've only returned in the last 2 weeks.  Will likely post a positive review in 2 weeks time if your activity stays consistent for a whole month.

• Informative 1

Posted (edited)

-1 i have only got bad  experiences with you soz man and i dont know you particularly well except for the fact that you try to fear rp teammates, i know that im a 75th but i most of the time am just walking past to go to the hut objective then you guys get pissed then i try to prove a point thats bad on my end but yeah for now its a - 1

Edited by Ethan Shirely
reet
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

@Ethan Shirely

The only time I have ever tried to put you guys under fearrp is when your within 10 Metres of our walls (which we are allowed to do) standing there doing nothing. So don't try to pull this walking to the point bullshit because every spetsnaz has seen you do it at least once. And when I do it never works because all you do is sit there and repeat "you can't tell me what to do" that's all I am going to say about this if you wish to discuss it further DM on discord or find me in TeamSpeak.

Edited by taco_in_the_hood
Spelling mistake
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, Asatru said:

-/+
I have you in high regard but you've only returned in the last 2 weeks.  Will likely post a positive review in 2 weeks time if your activity stays consistent for a whole month.

Don't worry I have no plans on going inactive anytime soon you should see me on every day.

• Friendly 1

+1 You've shown maturity in your role play and ingeneral, i hope you see you as a t-mod soon.

• Friendly 1

-1, You just came back from an LOA and I dont believe you are well known enough on the server. I have also had some (not many) negative experiences with you. Most of those experiences can be overlooked but the main reason behind my response is the fact you just came off an extended LOA and you are not known enough on the server

• Informative 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Ethan Shirely said:

you try to fear rp teammates, i know that im a 75th but i most of the time am just walking past to go to the hut objective then you guys get pissed

Spetsnaz CAN in fact fearrp US if they're near the Spetsnaz Base, especially if they don't leave at their request.

Edited by RussianBias
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

not if its 10 m away @RussianBias and you all have been caught trying to do it, and have been told off by 3 different admins +, so no you cant

Edited by Lindy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lindy said:

not if its 10 m away @RussianBias and you all have been caught trying to do it, and have been told off by 3 different admins +, so no you cant

I don't really play the server anymore, I'm purely going off of probably information I had weeks ago, and it's not like US have fear rp'd and raided spetsnaz in the past either (which, mind you isn't allowed) 

and also on the raid thing we had a US PVT that tresspassed and were handing them back, when a certain commander, not naming any names, decided to go for a little bombing run on the base, and a sniper killed one of the spetsnaz during the handback process, and a certain officer, not going to name names again, randomly fear rp'd me and tied me to the floor (for literally no reason) so it's not anything new.

Edited by RussianBias

if you enter the Spetznaz base you aren't breaking any rules, we can't raid you because there is nothing to raid, and we fear RP you because you have done something wrong or have entered our base.

Stop creating discussions in application threads.

• Agree 2

Closed at the request of the author.

Reopened at the request of author.