Sign in to follow this  
Rhys

Rhys' Moderator Application

Rhys' Moderator Application

Pre-requisites

You must be already active and well-known member within our community.  ✔️
You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed. ✔️
You must understand the chain of command. ✔️
You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community. ✔️
You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing. ✔️
You need to understand that you may not receive the rank. ✔️
As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events. ✔️
You must have an understanding of the rules and RP. ✔️
You must have at least 60 active hours on the server. ✔️
You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all 
aspects within the community. ✔️

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:90671239

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ShitGmodPlayer

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Private Rhys

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Rhys

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: I am a former staff member on 1 server.

Server Name: Syndicate Network 
Reference: Blueforyou0202 (community manager at the time)
Reference's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:201230791

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof): 2352 hours                                             

( https://cache.gametracker.com/player/Alpacaception/139.99.162.1:27015/ )

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Diamond

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes, I know most ULX commands.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 7/10

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes, I am.

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: I believe I follow the rules to the best of my ability as I have 0 warns and I try to enforce rules as best I can.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: I do.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes, I do.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No, I do not have any bans to date.

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?: I used to use it heaps but I have stopped using it as often as the people I talk to now primarily use discord.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon):
YES

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?:

I believe I should be a staff member on Colossal Gaming for the following reasons. I believe I have a good understanding of the rules. I have 0 warns to date on the server and I don't get taken into sits often. I also believe I am quite mature, I am mature enough to be trusted to command 2 regiments (Spetsnaz and Al-Shabaab). I also believe I am active enough to be a staff member on colossal gaming, I play for around 2 hours per day (not including events). I also want to help the players of the server by helping them out in whatever way I can. I already attempt to help players by answering their questions in ooc and I feel like a staff role could let me help players further. I also believe I can keep calm in stressful situations which is an important skill I learnt in my last moderation position on a different server. 

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: 

I believe I can work as a team quite effectively as I have previously been the commander of Al-Shabaab and Spetsnaz. I also host raids often which I believe is an example of me working as a team.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively:

One of the things that I think impacted the server positively was when I was Al-Shabaab commander, I doubled the number of people in the regi and taught many more how to fly helis so one day they could join USAF or Al-Shabaab. I think that was important because it gave people a new way to play the server. 

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:

I am a 14 year old from NSW. I enjoy helping new players on the server who need help. I usually hang around in community discords or on teamspeak while I am on the server as I enjoy communicating with other members of the community. 

Scenarios 

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and RDMing constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

First, I would find a quiet place on the map and !jailtp him to me. I would the question him about why he is RDMing and possibly bring some of the people he RDMed to say their side of the story. I will then explain to him that he is not allowed to randomly shoot unarmed civilians / team members and ask him to re-read the rules. I will then punish him based off how many people he has killed and how many warnings from other staff he has. If the ban I have decided on is quite large I would first ask someone who is a higher rank if they are deserving of the punishment I am thinking of giving them.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

First, I would bring one of the players who he RDMed under the map to ask what happened, if this player said it was blatant RDM then I would bring the person who Mass-RDMed under the map after returning the first person. I would then question him about why he did it. If he does not come up with a valid reason I would first explain to them that what he did is unacceptable. punish him with a ban or demotion. I would also inform him that he needs to get his act together as he has been slipping up a lot lately. 

Note: The demotion I got recently had nothing to do with me breaking rules, if you would like to know the reason I was demoted, PM me on discord or teamspeak and I will be happy to answer.

Edited by Rhys

+1
Rhys is very mature and consistent with how he behaves.  Personally, I've always thought Rhys is a very good example of a respectable CG player especially for the younger members of our community.  Back when I was a new player to CG Rhys could have had me demoted, or in some kind of trouble, a number of times.  however, he was always willing to just explain the rules to me which if he hadn't I probably wouldn't be on this server anymore.  For example:
Back when I first got Navy SEALs Commander I had only been playing GMOD; let alone CG, for about 3-4 weeks.  I thought Rhys had solo raided so I Solo raided the Taliban as a silly attempt to save US intel.
Rhys could have quite easily have made a ticket about that and I would have definitely been demoted.
It's that kind of maturity and friendliness for all players on the server that would make Rhys a good Tmod.

Edited by Asatru
  • Winner 1

+1

This cool kid I have seen this cool kid on everyday (less then 3 hours and sometimes more) and is very mature for his age as most people his age pretend to be funny or minge. He does sometimes minge but at a low standards in OOC situations that he can improve on though, as being staff though Rhys you need great responsibility that you have, you need to be active (you are), need to listen to everyone (you do), not be bias to your friends and people in your TS, and not to be minge. You are setting yourself as and example to those that want to look up too people. Rhys you would be one of those well deserved people for that.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, CHEIF said:

- 1 you never listen to anyone plus you want power

(if he was power-hungry he would still be commander but I would love to hear your reasoning to that decision)

Edited by Joel

dude he command two regiments that turn bad plus he cant run any regi without having friends in them and he sucks up to people to get a high rank 

• Dumb 2

4 hours ago, CHEIF said:

dude he command two regiments that turn bad plus he cant run any regi without having friends in them and he sucks up to people to get a high rank 

Erm you're supposed to have friends in your regiment lmao.

Who'd he suck up to for Spetsnaz?

Last I heard he won a try out fair and square.  He also stood down from CMDR to 1LT on his own accord.  Not sure how asking to be demoted so someone esle can take CMDR would be sucking up.

• Agree 1