Sign in to follow this  
KameKazii

Ems Problem

Suggestion Name: Ems Problems

Suggestion Type: For the staff team

Reason: The Amount of ems on the server is starting to go lower eveyday but with that the quality of event to going downhill aswell.

Edited by Furniture

Please update your thread to use the suggestion template provided:

Lol, there was an event gap on Sunday or Saturday.

in this case, it was the 8:15 event where there were no event masters on to be able to hold the event. An Event master joined the server later at around 8:45 pm where the excuse was "it too late to hold an event." I'm not going to give out names, but that was a negative experience which shows unprofessionalism from the event team. 

I wish to see a change from the event team, but you can't when it feels like there is no boss commanding them.

• Agree 2

I personally agree. Views is a nice lad, but to me it felt like they were running themselves more than being co-ordinated by a Head Event Master.

I have to agree here when I joined the server after dinner yesterday at 8.30 the server was still on home map I went to investigate by talking to views and out of no where Forza enters the channel which I then proceeded to ask what's happened to the 8.15 event and the responses were not what I had expected.

So then Dusky enters the room for assistance no-one but Runner and myself offered to provide assistance to Dusky which we then started the event 20 minutes late which was rather successful up to the point where Dusky had to bail and asked me to take over which I said was fine so we ran a team death match on mall. 

When the event had concluded staff actually came on the server which got me thinking that they personally avoid being on during events not pointing finger but I know alot of you avoid being on at those times.

I personally do not mind running events but it is not something I look forward to when there are actual Event masters on but won't provide assistance.

Just my 2cents take it with a grain of salt.

its not the number of the ems thats the main problem its how fucking inexperienced and bad the ems are. In the most respectful way the ems are really bad (not organized. abusive, dont really care about their position so they lack in doing their job properly). I agree that ems need more people on their team but you guys shouldn't just be accepting everyone and if your going to be accepting half of the ppl that apply actually do regular training with them and meetings.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have to agree here when I joined the server after dinner yesterday at 8.30 the server was still on home map I went to investigate by talking to views and out of no where Forza enters the channel which I then proceeded to ask what's happened to the 8.15 event and the responses were not what I had expected.

So then Dusky enters the room for assistance no-one but Runner and myself offered to provide assistance to Dusky which we then started the event 20 minutes late which was rather successful up to the point where Dusky had to bail and asked me to take over which I said was fine so we ran a team death match on mall. 

When the event had concluded staff actually came on the server which got me thinking that they personally avoid being on during events not pointing finger but I know alot of you avoid being on at those times.

I personally do not mind running events but it is not something I look forward to when there are actual Event masters on but won't provide assistance.

Just my 2cents take it with a grain of salt.

Kinda the same with what Brad has mentioned, we understand that the EM team has recently lost two Senior EM's which would dramatically effect the coordination within the team, but it isn't really asking much. All that would be needed for 1 EM atleast to be on for each event, other staff are always looking for help and the EM's just need to ask for things to be done.

The event masters have currently seem to be under the impression that they can take days off from running events because they have done the required two for the week and this sort of needs to be abolished.

If you are either on teamspeak or not as an EM events are your main priority leaving it to the last minute is not acceptable reasons why are already explained in a post above which stated that since often events are being either forgotten or they think that just because they have run the two required that they do not need to do more than that.

If it were up to me and I was in the same position as Views is I would start by looking at the timetable everyday to see if there are any slots without names in them then tell the rest of the EM team there are vacant EM time slots that must be filled and get it done and start punishing those who fill them in then bail on the event at the last minute.

A side note that should hopefully get across to all of you that the staff team are there to assist you set up your events not to run them for you.

• Winner 1

Issue being worked.