Rocket Raccoon (Dylo)

Dylomaster's Moderator Application

General

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:79144706

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dylomaster

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Private Dylomaster

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Dylomaster

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:  No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Previously Staff on Colossal Military Roleplay, Reference: Jakob (STEAM_0:0:83798838)

How much game time do you have? (Provide proof) 503 Hours (Proof attached)

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Respected

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 8

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No

Teamspeak Agreement

How often do you use the Teamspeak server?:

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Teamspeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Teamspeak Rules (Link soon): Yes

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: 1. Well known to the staff (Previous Staff Member) 2. Left the staff team due to school but I am returning. 3. I follow the rules diligently. 4. I try to enforce RP to the best of my ability.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I am very capable of working in a team. I think a good amount of listening and speaking needs to be used. Examples: I was a previous Roleplay Overseer and created many Events/Mini events with others. I was also a previous moderator who took tickets every time I was available and got support by other staff if needed.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: I helped the staff as much as I could even if it wasn't that necessary. I am well known to many people and i hope that I have been a good player to them also.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: Quirky,  Responsible, Honest. I finally have the time to be able to play this server again and I would love to help others out also. My previous staff work was fun but unfortunately thanks to school I had to stop. I think I can be a total idiot sometimes but everyone makes mistakes. I want to apologize to the staff for letting them down last time but school was just too important to me.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

This player is obviously doing it on purpose. They have been warned many times and are continuing to break the rules. This player must get demoted or banned with no exceptions.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

This player is well known and obviously understands the rules. A small slip up might be tolerable but the Mass RDM alone is worthy of a ban. This player will be asked to stop and if they continue will be banned.

Proof.png

+1

Was the Best RPO (After Tyran), I Know he will get his hours up, Has good past experience and he will deferentially make a Good Mod.

Make sure you look at the bottom right.

also,

7517ec2b5f7d5d70991b9c775e0eae9c.png

More active than me 

Edited by eleventeen

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

Was the Best RPO (After Tyran)

um excuse me

You haven't been on in a month, at least with the profile provided. You need to get your activity up significantly before I will change my mind.

• Friendly 1

Just to clarify, I do not expect to recieve this now or any time soon, I just put it out to have it ready.

Also, website must be bugged cause i've been on for the past week and a few times in between the stated date. If you read the application I state my inactivity and my reason for it.

-Dylo

37 minutes ago, Rocket Raccoon (Dylo) said:

Just to clarify, I do not expect to recieve this now or any time soon, I just put it out to have it ready.

Also, website must be bugged cause i've been on for the past week and a few times in between the stated date. If you read the application I state my inactivity and my reason for it.

-Dylo

Still, putting out an app almost immediately is not a good idea. I suggest you get more acquainted with the player-base, new map, new staff systems etc before making an application.

Also would like more detail on some of the questions, especially the scenarios as they are 1-2 sentence answers.

Big -1

You were a cool dude but in the most respectful way, you were a shit RPO and shit a mod. I was hearing from other staff members that you arent doing tickets, that you are inactive that you dont know how to handle situations and abused your powers on many occasions. Considering you just came back to the server and the first thing you do is apply for mod (kind of power hungry).

• Agree 1

NEUTRAL

Sorry Dylomaster but at this time I personally believe you are better suited to being a user until such times as your activity picks up. When you were staff previously you would go afk for what seemed hours on end. I believe if you were to come back that you should start as a trial moderator as start fresh.

I understand that this will mtl sit and wait for a while so I’d say neutral (more of a +1) I thought you were a decent mod after RPO was removed, and I think you’d do a good job again.  Just pick up your activity and I’ll most likely change to a +1

11 hours ago, Dragoul said:

Big -1

You were a cool dude but in the most respectful way, you were a shit RPO and shit a mod. I was hearing from other staff members that you arent doing tickets, that you are inactive that you dont know how to handle situations and abused your powers on many occasions. Considering you just came back to the server and the first thing you do is apply for mod (kind of power hungry).

Dragoul you never had respect for me, i don't want to cause drama but calling me power hungry because i reapplied for a position that i stepped down from due to school doesn't seem unreasonable. If canoon did the same and came back (which he did) does that automatically make him power hungry? I want to make it clear that i have returned, I am building myself back from the start and look forward to enjoying this server again. I respect your opinion on me being a shit RPO but that doesn't give you the right to call me power hungry. Working on the staff team was one of the best moments on this server and me wanting to be involved with this server and its players again is something i would want to return too as soon as possible. Also claiming i was inactive is false, I formally told Deston i was leaving for school and he removed my rank, any other day beforehand i was on once a day. Deston even told me to reapply when i return, if you have a problem with me talk to him. I still respect your feedback and opinion though.

-Dylo

10 hours ago, Brad said:

NEUTRAL

Sorry Dylomaster but at this time I personally believe you are better suited to being a user until such times as your activity picks up. When you were staff previously you would go afk for what seemed hours on end. I believe if you were to come back that you should start as a trial moderator as start fresh.

Starting fresh is basically what i am doing, couldn't agree with you more. Like i said i want to build up my activity so i'll see your around.

Coming back to the server after months of inactivity and the first few hours of being on the server and applying for mod straight up, is and sounds power hungry.

And my response isnt based on our relationship its based on how you did your job, and unfortunately you did a poor job at it.

11 hours ago, Rocket Raccoon (Dylo) said:

If canoon did the same and came back

Pretty sure Canoon kept his rank while he was gone though. You stepped down from your rank, and was told to re-apply. I agree with others that you shouldn't apply immediately after coming back.