Walter

General Suggestions

Hi,

After playing a couple of other MilitaryRP servers to find ideas suitable for Colossal Gaming's MilitaryRP I found a couple which I think would be really neat to have on the server:

1. When capturing objectives I reckon it would be nice for something to come up in chat for example

DUSTY DOWNS has been captured by the US

I believe that  this would be a great addition as it would allow both sides to know where some action is instead of sitting in base bored for events.

2. I do think raids overall could use a makeover and I think it should be that each side needs to obtain a certain number of objectives in order to raid. This would make the US leave base more as they would have to in order to cap objectives so that they can raid.

3. When I first joined MP the rule saying MP with no guns out are not to be killed as we were basically meant to be approached as citizens when outside in checkpoint. Now that you have changed it the entire dynamic of what MP has been changed and to be honest for the worst part as MP's in the gate could gather intel when a raid was going to go down and forewarn the US before it happens.

4. Please remove the rule regarding shooting into US base towers as most of our base is underground those towers are in a way our only deterrence from the Taliban. Unlike the Taliban's base which has a lot of there building outside and pretty easy to defend due to the amount of balconies and building you can hide in.

• Agree 1

10/10 I really agree.  The current ruleset has made it almost impossible to leave via the checkpoint.  Most US now jump out the towers as it has become the only way of leaving the base without killing and dying multiple times just for a foot patrol. 
I think that if we made it so either faction can't raid till they hold a suitable number of points it will make capping points something more rewarding than it currently is.  This will give players more incentive to roam the map creating more dynamic RP situations.  In addition, I would suggest that a feature is added either on the map or displayed at the top or bottom of the screen that displays what faction holds each point.   

+1 i think all of the idears are good, due to the rules right now i have found out the most us jump out of the towers to leave the base insted of doing PTL, i think that holding a ammount of point before raiding is also a good idear and should be impemented soon.

• Agree 1

1. +1 The server that utilizes this does it well, and I feel like we could work it to make this sort of stuff more exciting.

2. +1 It would make you work for that sexy raid intel.

3. +1 poor US MPs, they did help the US more when they weren’t KOS.

4. -1 The US are fine with the towers, and it’s unlike many people are complaining. (From what I’ve seen.)

Edited by Funky Hendrix

1. +1 I agree.

2. -1 as US is the faction described as mainly meant to stay in base, so this extra effort would decrease their raids( if that is possible), and how would this apply at wartime?

3. neutral, I think that my MP regiment suggestion is a solution

4.-1 as when this was a rule, taliban couldn't do anything about the very large amount of US hidden in the towers sniping them, and this would make taliban enjoy the game less. However, I think that a watchtower just outside of the US bunker. and down on map from intel would work, as it would allow the us to get in a tower where they can properly defend against taliban taking intel.

Location more clearly:right on map from bunker, down on map from US intel.

To be honest Nachomario doesn't your comment for #4 seems to have a little bit of bias to it. In regards to Intel Taliban have it far easier than US we were asked to not have any regiments near it as it would make it impossible for Tali to raid however right across from your intel are two spawns one for Malakand and one for the sniper regiment which has a lot of donators.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Brad said:

To be honest Nachomario doesn't your comment for #4 seems to have a little bit of bias to it. In regards to Intel Taliban have it far easier than US we were asked to not have any regiments near it as it would make it impossible for Tali to raid however right across from your intel are two spawns one for Malakand and one for the sniper regiment which has a lot of donators.

yes, tali can raid much easier than US can, which makes US not leave their base for raids as often.

I think that this could be solved by making Taliban base have another entrance which allows US to sneak in easier.

I think that an appropriate entrance leading to the Taliban intel could be located down on map from intel, I will include screenshots below.

This does include a mini checkpoint outside of this entrance.

This will allow US to also have the ability to raid effectively, if they plan their raid correctly, and are sneaky, making raiding more enjoyable for both factions.

Key:red lines are changes, blue lines are paths for US.

unknown.png?width=479&height=473unknown.png

• Agree 1

+1 i believe that these are all ideas i would of brought up myself aswell. Brad did a really good job of showing this new set of possible rules to everyone. These are going to help increase Roleplay among the us and tali. I believe this is the start to bringing roleplay back to the server

Edited by Matrix
bad spelling
  • Agree 1

1. +1. I think this would allow for players to know which objectives they should target or have been taken recently. It could also allow for some interesting fights to happen, with squads of both teams fighting over points. At this current stage, most of the time points are captured un-contested and are not really fought over, more just taken when the over team isn't looking.

2. Neutral. I like this idea, but as others have said with the US being more base-oriented, and with the little amount of raids I've seen them conduct, I think this would severely decrease US's raid frequency. I am open to ideas though.

3. +1. I agree, the rule itself was a good rule. I do not think the regiment needs to be completely changed, such as nachomario's suggestion or even slightly changed, just that rule brought back.

4. +1. On the last map, the checkpoint was under the view of multiple towers, spread across the base with little ways of actually countering them. On this map, the towers currently are a death sentence. I think that on the last map the rule about shooting US in towers being acceptable would've worked, but this map it doesn't. If the rule is removed, and it turns out I am wrong, I would be fine with the towers being changed back to being able to be shot at.