nachomario

Headglitching Fix

Suggestion Name:
Headglitching fix

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):
Glitch fix suggestion

Reason:
Headglitching has always been the servers most unfixable glitches, which is, when you can see the enemy but they can't see your head.
I'm now going to give you some context on the 3 photos.

If you enable thirdperson during events using thirdperson_toggle, you will notice that you are now seeing yourself, but from your exact normal point of view, as it hasn't been zoomed out AT ALL.
After doing this, it allowed me to see where my playermodel was, but from where I am seeing stuff. The first photo is of me, unarmed.

unknown.png

As you can see, everything is normal, I am literally seeing the scenario from my playermodels own eyes, so headglitching wouldn't be a problem.
However, This next photo is of me, but holding a gun.

unknown.png

As you can see when I hold a gun, depending on how far down I look, my playermodel's head is far below my own point of view, which would allow me to headglitch and kill people, who cannot see my head.

Now I have this information, I would like to make a suggestion based on it.
There are one of two obvious-seeming solutions to this problem.

The first would be to raise the posture of the playermodels, so when they are holding a gun, they are holding it from the same height as they are when they are unarmed, which is standing up straight with their arms outstretched, holding their gun to their eye.

The second solution which is far more difficult and tedious to do, and wouldn't be that well liked either, would be to make your point of view lowered to inside the playermodel's head, so when it holds a gun, the point of view follows the head down to the playermodel.

Both of these solutions would fix the "headglitching" problem, but I personally think that the first one would be a far more appropriate way to fix it.

I hope that this will help the server's problem, thanks for reading.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I mean, it's fairly obvious from looking at other people when they pull a gun that this is the case, and I am also fairly sure the owners know about this. I am not sure whether this is fixable, and the server has been up for a few years now and I would've thought that they would've fixed it if possible. I think the only thing we can really do is make sure that the props we use in events aren't at that height in which the person's head is covered, but their view is not.

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, Quebec said:

I mean, it's fairly obvious from looking at other people when they pull a gun that this is the case, and I am also fairly sure the owners know about this. I am not sure whether this is fixable, and the server has been up for a few years now and I would've thought that they would've fixed it if possible. I think the only thing we can really do is make sure that the props we use in events aren't at that height in which the person's head is covered, but their view is not.

I Just hoped that this thread would make the root of the problem slightly more obvious in the hopes that it will get fixed faster, even if it is a long-standing issue that has been a bug for ages, I hope it is fixed soon, same with the bug that makes driving in reverse failrp

@Badger Please fix this problem by going in what I think  server.lua or maybe even shared.lua(if doesn't work for first one) in the MilitaryRP (if that what you call the gamemode) gamemode folder and just add the line concommand.Remove ( "thirdperson_toggle" ) and that should fix this problem. This has been problem for ages and can give advantages as shown above so Badger please fix it. P.S. I think you've done amazing stuff for the server and you should get more credit for it.
From,
Tiki ^-^

Noone even uses this lol, no point of fixing the third person in events. People just need to stop head glitching tha'ts it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dragoul said:

Noone even uses this lol, no point of fixing the third person in events. People just need to stop head glitching tha'ts it.

Yeah, thirdperson in events makes it so you see from your non thirdperson point of view, you just see your playermodel which is usually hidden. This makes thirdperson completely useless in events, as your view is blocked by your playermodel.

10 hours ago, Tiki said:

@Badger Please fix this problem by going in what I think  server.lua or maybe even shared.lua(if doesn't work for first one) in the MilitaryRP (if that what you call the gamemode) gamemode folder and just add the line concommand.Remove ( "thirdperson_toggle" ) and that should fix this problem. This has been problem for ages and can give advantages as shown above so Badger please fix it. P.S. I think you've done amazing stuff for the server and you should get more credit for it.
From,
Tiki ^-^

Please don't. Its the most efficient way of using thirdperson, and in events is serves almost no advantage to players and cannot even be abused. I often use it as a way to see if I am still cloaked in an event, so I don't run into battle with myself cloaked, with an unfair advantage.

@Quebec it simply just remove the command and won't get rid of !3p so I don't see the problem of it because it won't effect !3p. So there isn't a problem with it and will stop people using it even if it's a small advantage it still is an unfair advantage in my opinion.
From,
Tiki

2 minutes ago, Tiki said:

@Quebec it simply just remove the command and won't get rid of !3p so I don't see the problem of it because it won't effect !3p. So there isn't a problem with it and will stop people using it even if it's a small advantage it still is an unfair advantage in my opinion.
From,
Tiki

No. !3p is very inefficient and I much prefer thirdperson_toggle. It honestly does not give anyone an advantage in multiplayer, plus most players don't even know it exists. Of course, now you have brought it up, it will be used and players may well find ways to abuse it.

For me it's the same. !3p and thirdperson_toggle do the same thing so I don't understand when you say !3p is very inefficient.

From,
Tiki ^-^

25 minutes ago, Tiki said:

For me it's the same. !3p and thirdperson_toggle do the same thing so I don't understand when you say !3p is very inefficient.

From,
Tiki ^-^

!3p is utilised through the chat system, while thirdperson_toggle is done through console. You will know what I am talking about if you know the difference between saying "!menu" in chat and "ulx menu" through console. This is of course in relation to binds. Typing out the phrases yourself, !3p would be better.

Why would you need third person enabled in events? It's mainly used for training or just having a better look at yourself like marching.
From,
Tiki ^-^

1 hour ago, Tiki said:

@Quebec Just do bind "key" say !3p in console and that's all.
From,
Tiki ^-^

As I stated, several times, that is very inefficient and third_person toggle is superior. That is fact. My opinion is that it shouldn't be removed, if that is not your opinion, that is fine. If you wish to continue this discussion, PM me, as currently we are straying off the topic of the original thread.

• Agree 1

Just take advantage of it, it’s another skill to learn at the end of the day (knowing spots n stuff)

6 hours ago, Tucker said:

Just take advantage of it, it’s another skill to learn at the end of the day (knowing spots n stuff)

It isn't allowed on the server (purposely using the spots to your advantage)