Lach

Staff Reports

I believe it should be made so only people that are involved with the situation can comment on staff reports. 

There is no reason for people to be commenting to start banter.

Edited by Lach
  • Agree 1

I also believe (as we've had many reports leading to nowhere due to lack of:) evidence to be a must-have, NOT optional.

(I do agree with the "Only people who were involved should be allowed to comment on the report" thingy)

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Funky Hendrix said:

I also believe (as we've had many reports leading to nowhere due to lack of:) evidence to be a must-have, NOT optional.

(I do agree with the "Only people who were involved should be allowed to comment on the report" thingy)

Yeah. +1

To be honest a staff report should be between the a) The person filing the report and b) The person the report is on.

and evidence is paramount without proper evidence a report should be closed without further discussion.

Edited by Brad
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Brad said:

To be honest a staff report should be between the a) The person filing the report and b) The person the report is on.

This is all well and good, but if this was the case, most of reports would just be the person reporting and person being reported just arguing back and forth without ever reaching any agreement. This would make reports redundant. Allowing for other replies, such as from staff members, would at least ensure that people who (hopefully) know what they are talking about are providing valuable points of discussion. 

I understand the reasoning for this, but I do think other staff should have a say as they can provide some valuable information to the situation, such as rule clarifications or other things. But, other than staff being allowed to comment, I feel those not in the situation shouldn't be commenting. 

As for the evidence, really your case isn't going to be approved or go anywhere without evidence anyways.

This is an easy one, a typical forums for a darkrp server/whatever gamemode would have the following rules regarding it. i believe i spoke to someone previously about possibly doing this.

1.) Only someone who is involved in the situation or is a staff member may comment on ban appeals / staff reports / ban reports.

2.) Do not flame in threads. 

• Agree 2