Raptor

Hidden Identities

Suggestion Name:  Hidden Ranks and names from other side

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):  Player Description

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):  Recently me and a few other people were RDMed by some meta-gamers who said that since we had Taliban above our names that they could kill us.  This got me thinking that if we had this hidden from the opposite side then it would reduce meta-gaming because they wouldn't be able to say our names when they don't know and they will be more likely to not remember us when we die (NLR)

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

+1 not really much to say, metagaming is a big issue and I dont see a problem with not being able to see this information. If possible maybe make it so staff can see this information still.

• Agree 3

+1 

It would stop metagaming.

This would be an awesome addition as it will aid in RP where you get halted because of some silly US soldier who reads the red above your head.

I'm not too sure if this would actually benefit the server, as the Taliban player models are already pretty obviously terrorists with some of them having RPGs on their back and others jihad vests.

I'd be happy to implement it if it is wanted though.

• Agree 1

I think the reason this would help (even though the models are usually dead giveaways) is that most new players (or trolls) use the "It says they are taliban" excuse for killing a person when they don't have a weapon out, etc.

I think it would help with reducing metagaming, and would also help to increase RP as US would be more inclined to ask for IDs than just go "it says they are taliban, so they are a civilian until they have a gun".

Under Review

This may take up to 2 weeks to be passed

There is something similar already in the works

Release Date: TBA

Keep an eye out on forum announcements