Sign in to follow this  
midday

- WEAPON CRAFTING SYSTEM -

Suggestion Name: Weapon Crafting and other additions to gameplay and economy

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Major update (?)

Addon Pack (Optional): ~

Addon Pack File Size: ~ 

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

Hello yes

I am proposing a custom made addon that will allow for weapon crafting. I'm no developer but I have seen systems similar to this on other servers (you can probably guess) and it works quite well. However, it would need some modifying to fit it into MilRP.

How the weapons work;

Firstly, we obviously don't want people 24/7 running around with HL2 RPGs. This can be remedied by giving temporary usage of said weapon. For example, if you craft an RPG, you can only use it for X amount of lives or X amount of minutes. Obviously these items will not be usable in events because of balancing reasons.

How to craft the weapons;

In each MAJOR FACTION base there will be a Crafting Table. The player approaches the table and clicks E (or something like that) and a GUI pops up. It will not show you the recipes, as that is something you need to find out yourself (whilst remaining in character, not asking in Discord) inevitably the recipes will get out though. This can be remedied by adding a 'blueprint' system. These blueprints would be hidden around homemap (maybe 1-2 of them) and they would be for a random weapon. These would be instructions on how to craft the weapon (what materials you need etc). Without the blueprint, you cannot craft the weapon. Keep in mind, the recipes would also require money. For example;

M27 - 20x Steel, 15x Plastic, 5x Duct Tape, 10x Gunpowder, 1x Firing pin, 1x Weapon Barrel, $25,000

This would craft the weapon and would store it in the inventory, waiting for a player prompt (right clicking on item in inventory and hitting 'equip')

How to obtain the materials;

Bins would be placed around the map (ideally) and you would be able to search them to find materials like Steel, Plastic, Firing pins, etc.

In ruins of old tanks, you would be able to 'salvage' and find materials such as Gunpowder, sulfur, weapon barrels, etc.

In the service station / equipment shop there would be an NPC that you can buy materials from such as Duct Tape etc.

Inventory System to store items;

You would be able to store items in an inventory. a /trade system would come about where you can sell materials and / or blueprints for weapons. Keep in mind the weapon blueprints would be quite expensive as they are hard to obtain. The inventory system would allow you to equip crafted weapons, however this interface is not available in events.

What guns will actually be able to be crafted?;

Unused weapons such as the M27, HL2 RPG, etc. Regimental guns would preferably not be craftable. 

Overall I think this would benefit the homemap roleplay on the server. It doesn't have to be grindy, and it benefits the combat side of things aswell as the economy. 

If you have any suggestions / changes to make please feel free to let me know. This would obviously require a lot of dev work so it may be used for a major update.

Screenshots (Optional):

+1 something to encourage more home map playtime & take money out of the economy that people otherwise just waste on shitty guns they don't want lol because what else are you gonna do