Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston):

Commander Gizmoh [THOR]

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston):

Gizmo/Gizmoh

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:

Discord Administrator

Ex-Staff ~1 year (Admin)

Ex-Event Master -2/3 Months (EM)

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:

None in other communities.

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof)

First Name: G1zmo | 100805m/1680h

https://www.gametracker.com/player/G1zmo/139.99.185.81:27015/

Second Name: Gizmoh | 4620m/77h

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Gizmoh/139.99.185.81:27015/

Total time 105425m/1757 hours

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? :

I am currently Respected, I have formally held Event Master, Administrator, Head Roleplay Overseer and Veteran.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:

Yessir

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?:

I would say around 6 to 9.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?:

I am.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?:

Yes I do.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times:

I Understand

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:

I have a clean slate.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree):

YES

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?:

YES. I was the Head Roleplay Overseer and an Event Master so I have plenty of experience in event making/crafting

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?:

After my return to the server over a month or two ago I have played as a regular user. I feel as if I am able to contribute more to CG again now that I am accustomed to the server again. I believe that I can use my skills and past experience to bring an exciting new aspect to CG events and roleplay. I enjoy using my creativity to create situations and experiences for the playerbase. My first time around as EM/Staff I enjoyed working with other members of the team and believe that if accepted this time it would be no different.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?:

Yes I do

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:

Daily, I am a Discord Administrator. I also often use other discords related to CG, eg. US Ops, Regimental discords.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord Rules (#get-verified Channel):

YES I UNDERSTAND

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP:

As I have stated before, I believe that I am once again ready to help the server, whether it's specifically with running and helping with events, answering user questions, making home map more exciting or roleplay related scenarios, I am almost always up to make the server population's experience more exciting. If accepted i look forward to working with the staff members and the community to make the server more exciting.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?:

During my time as the Head RPO I often had to think of fresh and creative ideas to keep the player base entertained late at night or on home map. I will be able to use this skill to create new event ideas and write scripts. Coupled with my ability to think on my feet i will be able to bring new event ideas to the table.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?:

(Using the 5:15 event)

Approx. 5:05 I will join the event channel and request others to join, i will share the event script/idea.

@@@ Prepare for Rep Changes | /rep will be used to set the correct reputations and  “@@@ Report to your main factions Briefing.” will be displayed

Briefing will be completed and the map will be changed using the ULX menu. 

A timer will be created (!timer create x Setup) once loaded in judging on how much preparation the event will take. The props/points will be created and when around 1 minute is left on the setup timer briefings will commence. During this time the available helpers will finish the setup. 

@@@ Prepare to move out | will be displayed, soon after the event will start

@@@ Move out and !timer create x 15 Event Timer. If required reinforcements will be added

If required assistance will be provided to a faction, eg. ally swap, juggernaut, weapon, spawn changes. 

Once the event is complete, a csay of the winners will be displayed 

@@@ US Win!

Shortly after “@@@ Prepare for map change” will be displayed and the map will be changed to the second part. 

The second part would follow a similar procedure to part one. After the Csay announcing the winner is displayed, levels will be given by an administrator (from my memory). After the levels have been given “@@@ Levels Given, Prepare for map change” will be displayed and the map will be changed back to the homemap. Once at homemap debriefs will be completed and the event master/helpers may leave the channel.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react?

The server's enjoyment of an event is my priority when running one. I will inquire on what the player/players don’t enjoy about the event. Judging by the feedback I am given by the player I will take steps to attempt to solve their issue without disturbing the event. If the feedback is simply “bad event” I would ask for proper feedback and if none is given I will inform them that I am unable to fix their issue if they do not provide proper problems. 

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

I will ask in the event channel if anyone would be willing to take command of the event. If none were able/comfortable doing so i would ask in @ chat. Once I have found someone I would provide them ownership of the event script if there is one. I would then explain a rundown of the event and my thoughts of it while giving them the ability to make some changes if they see fit as I will not be there. I would thank them and disconnect from the channel to do what I needed to do. 

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1871FIK3xnlFY9WgoKr56amV_-d4LGlzOu6SYq7eEvqk/edit?usp=sharing

Footnote: I understand I have said some stupid shit to other players, I apologise for that and hope it doesnt affect your judgement of my application.

Thank you for reading 🙂  feedback is appreciated

• Agree 1
  • Clown 1
  • King 1

+1 gizmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please come back ❤️ thank you this was my speech

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

+1 top bloke would be fit for the position

• Clown 2
  • King 1

+Ɩ ʍonlp ɯɐʞǝ ɟoɹ ɐ ƃoop ǝɯ

• Agree 1

+1 mcswagger

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Asatru said:

+Ɩ ʍonlp ɯɐʞǝ ɟoɹ ɐ ƃoop ǝɯ

that took me literally 5 minutes to understand

• Funny 1

do i dare mention your activity when you were on the mod time? do i dare mention how you tried to do everything last minute, and weren't the most mature person? does it need to be said that you also told me you'd only come back to staff for RPO when as head RPO you didn't train me, or do fuck all with the rank?

• Clown 1
  • Dumb 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

do i dare mention your activity when you were on the mod time? do i dare mention how you tried to do everything last minute, and weren't the most mature person? does it need to be said that you also told me you'd only come back to staff for RPO when as head RPO you didn't train me, or do fuck all with the rank?

Wow. Certainly something.

-My activity as a mod doesnt reflect how I play currently. I took my long break as to refresh myself and are now ready to play consistently. 

-How i tried to do everything last minute, yes i will admit i procrastinated but i tried to make sure my roles were fufilled. Again this ties back to my break. It was a time for me to stop my burnout from CG. Now i am back i am ready to follow my responsibilies to a T. Proof of this is my work in bring delta force back to its glory days, with work from the other officers.

-I agree i wasnt the most mature but that was as i was bored of the server and was looking for ways to entertain myself. Now i am back i am enjoying my time and have remained mature.

-I dont remember saying i would "only come back to staff for RPO", rather saying that if RPO were to become a seperate rank i would go for the position.

I thank you for your honest opinions, and hope i have cleared things up. Have a good day 🙂 

• King 1

Um I was the best HRPO smh

• Disagree 1
  • King 2

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

that took me literally 5 minutes to understand

i read it upside down as

me doog a rof ekam dluow

@Asatru

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Wow. Certainly something.

-My activity as a mod doesnt reflect how I play currently. I took my long break as to refresh myself and are now ready to play consistently. 

-How i tried to do everything last minute, yes i will admit i procrastinated but i tried to make sure my roles were fufilled. Again this ties back to my break. It was a time for me to stop my burnout from CG. Now i am back i am ready to follow my responsibilies to a T. Proof of this is my work in bring delta force back to its glory days, with work from the other officers.

-I agree i wasnt the most mature but that was as i was bored of the server and was looking for ways to entertain myself. Now i am back i am enjoying my time and have remained mature.

-I dont remember saying i would "only come back to staff for RPO", rather saying that if RPO were to become a seperate rank i would go for the position.

I thank you for your honest opinions, and hope i have cleared things up. Have a good day 🙂 

- your activity as staff does affect it though, as believe it or not. It wasn’t too long ago you left and lost vet due to time expiring on it. Views gave you many times to fix up your activity and you didn’t.

- it isn’t really ‘proof’ that you still won’t do things last minute. There was lots of times you’d complain you didn’t have a ticket for the week or events. Even on the RP side, I saw officers more activity than you when you were GOA. How do we know you won’t do this again? While yes you’ve been active as of late, there still isn’t that proof of you doing things last minute.

- when you were delta gen you threw a hissy fit when pancreas demoted you for getting a whole regiment to dance at debriefs. This doesn’t show any form of maturity to me, I don’t know if you have matured or not as I’ve stepped back from the server, but I know for a fact you don’t take your discord admin role seriously as you sleep on it, and don’t see you actually in the discord.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

There was lots of times you’d complain you didn’t have a ticket for the week 

ahh yes because EMs are supposed to do tickets 🤡

• King 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

- your activity as staff does affect it though, as believe it or not. It wasn’t too long ago you left and lost vet due to time expiring on it. Views gave you many times to fix up your activity and you didn’t.

- it isn’t really ‘proof’ that you still won’t do things last minute. There was lots of times you’d complain you didn’t have a ticket for the week or events. Even on the RP side, I saw officers more activity than you when you were GOA. How do we know you won’t do this again? While yes you’ve been active as of late, there still isn’t that proof of you doing things last minute.

- when you were delta gen you threw a hissy fit when pancreas demoted you for getting a whole regiment to dance at debriefs. This doesn’t show any form of maturity to me, I don’t know if you have matured or not as I’ve stepped back from the server, but I know for a fact you don’t take your discord admin role seriously as you sleep on it, and don’t see you actually in the discord.

honestly gonna have to disagree with the last bit

why the fuck someone would demote another person on a video game for encouraging their regiment to at least have a little fun in what is normally a boring ass debrief is just mind blowing to me and shows that some people take themselves just a little bit too seriously on this server...

and also 'take your discord admin role seriously' 

lol who cares lmao, it's a discord admin position, i think it would be worse (like some other people on that particular staff team recently) if he took his role far too seriously 

• Agree 1
  • King 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

This will be my last response as I do not want to drag this out.

I retired 05/03/21, and came back around 3 moths after that. That was plenty of time for me to asses what I was doing wrong, and how I can fix it if I were to come back. Now I’m back, and I am doing it. All in all it boils down to the fact that I was bored of the server and doing stupid shit because of it. There’s no denying that I was a moron beforehand. 
But I’m back now, more mature and actually ready to play properly.

I hope you have a great day.

• Agree 1
  • King 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Snake said:

and weren't the most mature person? does it need to be said that you also told me you'd only come back to staff for RPO when as head RPO you didn't train me, or do fuck all with the rank?

ahh yes because all of our staff members are extremely mature!

at the end of the day mate its a fucking garrys mod server not some corporate business or some shit. Most of the player base is under the age of 18 years old and they are all there to have fun and laugh whilst enjoying their roleplay. The fact that Gizmo actually likes having fun gives yet another reason to accept the application.

to clarify, im not saying our staff members are immature im saying that the staff members like to have fun and fuck around occasionally. I myself have proof of this before you start pointing the finger

Edited by midday
  • Friendly 2
  • King 2

36 minutes ago, midday said:

at the end of the day mate its a fucking garrys mod server not some corporate business or some shit. Most of the player base is under the age of 18 years old and they are all there to have fun and laugh whilst enjoying their roleplay. The fact that Gizmo actually likes having fun gives yet another reason to accept the application.

to clarify, im not saying our staff members are immature im saying that the staff members like to have fun and fuck around occasionally. I myself have proof of this before you start pointing the finger

this is on point

• King 1

1 hour ago, midday said:

ahh yes because EMs are supposed to do tickets 🤡

He was admin at the time, me being below him lmao. I think you read that wrong 

38 minutes ago, midday said:

A lot of current staff, are indeed quite immature. I shall also not name names due to my currents status within their minds (that I’m currently living in rent free)

6 hours ago, Snake said:

A lot of current staff, are indeed quite immature. I shall also not name names due to my currents status within their minds (that I’m currently living in rent free)

lmao you’re acting like those kids who quit the server and want attention so they try to get commbanned 😂😂😂 try harder buddy -1ing apps on the forums won’t do nothing

13 minutes ago, midday said:

lmao you’re acting like those kids who quit the server and want attention so they try to get commbanned 😂😂😂 try harder buddy -1ing apps on the forums won’t do nothing

? I don’t see how?

I’ve  voiced my opinion on the staff to Ian 

This is no place to voice your opinions on each other.

This is an Application by Gizmo.

Keep the shittalking out of here, or only shittalk the applicant at hand.

Kindly, be quiet.

Accepted.

You will be provided with your rank alongside relevant links shortly.

• Clown 1
  • King 1