Sign in to follow this  
Russ

Russ's Forum Moderator Application

Posted (edited)

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:91079522 (Steam32) 76561198142424772 (Steam64)

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/KAPTIANCORE/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Colonel Russ

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Russ

Are you staff on any other servers within this community (Ingame o discord)?: Event Staff On MilitaryRP

How much time do you spend actively on the forums?: I check it every day at least once or twice and look at quite a few posts as well as post and reply to apps.

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Event Staff

Are you familiar with the usage of the forums?: Very Familiar I've got previous experience utilizing IPB (Invision Powered Board)

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: I would say a 7 or 8 since I run events a lot of people seem to know me. I try to be active and promote my sub faction as well as try to join public discord channels whenever. 

Discord Agreement

How often do you use the Discord server?: Daily. I look at multiple times a day since I also use it to communicate during events.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord server group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this server group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord rules: Yes.

Questions

Why should we choose you over other applicants? (min. 50 words): I consider myself a very active Forum's user and I check it quite often as well as having a large content count. I try and make my forum stuff such as my profile as over the top as possible with my signature I try give as much detail on previous ranks and current ranks. I do understand I currently have 1 forum warning which I still deny it being valid as I +1'd and gave a short response for 1 application when I first posted on the forums.

Why do you want to obtain the rank of Forum Moderator? (min. 100 words): I have a decent amount of experience with IPB as well as other forum softwares such as MyBB, I enjoy helping out the community with my current rank of Event Staff and I would like to help even more with another platform I am active on (The Forums). I want to help Bobby and the rest of the forum staff maintain the forums. I want to also work on bringing new artworks for the banner for the forums as well as maybe new graphic design work for players where I can make people forum banners and etc. This is just one of the ideas I have to help benefit the forum staff team and I can bring many more ideas (as I think of them) to the forums.

In the situation of you not understanding how to deal with a certain situation, what would you do?: I would consult one of the other forum staff (Jake, Canoon, Ian And Trough) or I would speak to Bobby directly and get their opinion before taking action. If I am unsure about a situation I always want to get another point of view. Once I have consulted a forum staff member I would deal with the situation accordingly.

ToS

Upon receiving this rank you will be granted access to the Moderator Control Panel(MCP) and Administration Control Panel(ACP)(If Required). Please understand that you may not be given access to this group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Forum powers and acknowledge that you understand the forum rules: Yes.

Edited by Russ
  • Clown 3

-1 don't believe, much with your previous applications for discord moderator, that you will be able to enforce the forum rules in an unbiased and reasonable manner.

• King 1

Posted (edited)

i dont really have any doubt that youd be able to do your job but from past experiences i believe you wouldnt be fit for the position due to biasness and other attributes

you already have multiple staff positions and an officer position so i'd recommend improving your events and maintaining a stable regiment before you apply for more roles

no hard feelings bro i just dont think it's suitable atm

Edited by midday
  • King 2

-1 with what midday said

you also don’t have the capability to take on actual feedback, instead, you sweep it under the rug. You shouldn’t focus on getting another role when you run less than ideal events. You bullied a staff member when they were staff because “you didn’t want them in your event channel”, you should focus on the power you already have and try not to power trip

• King 2
  • Dumb 1

-1 for all reasons above

Bias would definitely be an issue especially.