Miller

Miller's 9th Moderator App

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:448387843

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198857041414

Current In-Game Alias (Rank & Name): Chief Of Staff Grand General Adi (Glorious He)

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Miller

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No.

Have you been staff on any other communities: No.

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have?: 2653 hours | https://www.gametracker.com/player/Colour Blind Bomb Squad/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game? : Respected.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 6, most older players know me.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes.

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Most the time.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: I don't have friends

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: yes.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:
1 Ban | Reason: Gave faulty bind | Duration: 1 Day
This ban was given to me after I gave deeth a faulty bind, I came forward, I didn't have to, but I was honest.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & Rules (#get-verified Channel): Yes.

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?:
I've had experience in the past as a member of staff and proved that I understand the rules and enforced them all my past times that I have been staff.
I've been on the server for a bit now (just over 2 years) and have only ever had one ban and warning.
I believe that I am ready to rejoin the staff team and work with them to improve the general experiences of players and other staff on the server and the community as a whole.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this:
I've worked pretty well in a team, as my time in both Moderator and Event master as proven, I've mostly worked well with whoever I was paired to work with as long as they pulled their weight too, I've never really had a bad time working with other staff.
I always worked fairly well in the event team, especially with like minded folk such as Merlyn, Views and Asatru

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively:
This question is a bit weird but I'll take it as meaning that I have impacted the server positively.
I was well known for running a fair amount of mini events back on FS2 (original) and on highlands that the player place seemed to enjoy, I was also no newbie to sorting out RPO related scenarios to help raise moral of certain factions in time of need.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:
Most of you know me, but for those that don't, I'm Miller, currently under the name of Grand General Adi.
I've been on the server for just over two years now, I'm known mostly as the "special" furry of Taliban, which isn't something I exactly pride myself on but it is what it is.

Scenarios
Scenario 1: A player with an attack heli has intentionally fired in front of the enemy base gates to kill someone with a bounty, but also killing players inside the base. A ticket is made by one of these bystanders and the attacker denies all the accusations saying it was an accident saying that there was no proof.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?
I would bring all involved to a sit in the correct admin area, the ask if anyone has footage of the event, if no one can provide footage I would ask all parties involved, one on one for their part of the story, then I would check the warns and rank of the pilot, if the person is of a higher rank (Major+) I would warn them should they not have any previous warns, if the player is a lower rank (INT) and a new player, that has no warns, I would explain what they have done wrong and give a verbal, should the player have warns for doing this before, after enough evidence is collected I would issue out the appropriate ban.

Scenario 2: A Chief/Officer has been caught spawning in props to prop climb a wall despite previous warnings from staff for doing similar things. You tell him to stop but a few hours later another staff member catches him doing it.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?
Should I be the one dealing with the chief in question, I would first check his in game warn history before informing him what he is doing is against server rules, that he engaging in Q-menu misuse, If he is the head of his regiment, I would warn him before giving him a ban then informing the head of the faction about what he has done, if he is not the head of his regiment, I would inform the head, ask him what he wants me to do about it, should the head officer agree, the officer would be demoted then given a warning and/or ban if appropriate.

Scenario 3: A Player is running around on the server and RDMing constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 3: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would jail the suspect and bring them to the correct staff area before starting, I would check their warns, if they have warns for this before, I would inform them that on Colossal gaming seriousRP that MRDMing is not allowed and ban them for 3 days and ask other staff to upgrade it to a week or more if they have previous warns/bans for the same/similar reasons.

Scenario 4: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 4: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would contact the player, bringing him or her to a sit alone and ask why they did it, and if everything is alright, if the player shows legitimate remorse for what they did and that something else has been happening in/outside CG that is making them act up, I might reduce / only warn the player instead of a ban if they have not past of this.
The rules are in place to punish those that do not wish to play, they are not their to punish our player base.

• Agree 2
  • King 4

+1 good person would be good mod and good answers

• King 1

+1 cool and good

• King 1

+1, hes probably going to leave in like 3 weeks anyways.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • King 1

+1 once you are mod for 3 weeks you can join EM 

• Funny 1

wont stay longer than 3 weeks.

for real, phat +1

Miller has been apart of the community for a while, helping me out when I was a new player. His time as event master when I was on staff was fun as he dedicated a lot of time into planning his events. Miller is an individual that is awesome to work with, and is a team player by heart. 

• King 1

ACCEPTED
Congrats, you'll be trained and given your rank once on the server.

• King 1