irxnz.

irxnz's discord staff Application.

Pre-requisites

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community: 
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed. 
  • You must understand the chain of command.
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community.
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing.
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank.
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and how the Discord works.
  • You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community.

General

Steam ID:
 STEAM_0:0:527032456

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/irxnz/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.General Crudes): VKS 2LT irxnz.

Discord ID (E.g. name#2003): irxnz#8069

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:

(discord communities, yes) 

Owner of a server for a instagram account formerly names "vigil.is.cute" (resigned ownership to friend), server had around 1000 people before I retired as owner, whether the server 

is still going or not is unknown to me. References (discord names) Lynx#5685 (is the current owner of the account),

I've also admin/moderated a multitude of servers in my time of using discord (probably close to around 50, usually all smaller ones with like 100-300 members) and I can guarantee it will show if I am given a shot at this position. 

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : User.

Are you familiar with Discord permissions and settings?: Extremely familiar, I'm well versed in how discord works, how to use bot commands and have (attempted, went as you'd expect) made a bot before. I am vastly familiar with the do's and don'ts on discord, and I am extremely active on discord as well, usually for longer than 4 hours a day, I also have it idling in the background a lot and can quickly attend to people when pinged. I also know all of discords server settings and how to use them (unless they've changed recently) and can be quite an asset depending on the situation.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 7? give or take, I enjoy playing the server and usually talk with people a lot and like to think I've established myself as a person who can be recognised easily by players who are also active within the server.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes.

Do you follow and enforce the rules to the best of your ability?: Of course, I actively avoid breaking any rules.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with people?: Yes.

Do you agree not to annoy any event staff while they are hosting events?: My answer is yes, but why would I even need to in the first place? they're doing their job.

Rank Agreement

How often do you use the Discord server?: easily 2+ hours a day

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord rank that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this server role instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord rules: YES.

Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become a Discord Administrator?: 

As stated above, I've done my fair share of Administrating servers in my time of using discord, and believe I can become a real and reliable asset to the discord Staff team here at CG, I'm well versed on everything a discord administrator would need to know, I've spent countless hours administrating servers and can swiftly and accurately hadn't out appropriate punishments to people who stray from the rules. I've also felt a need to give back to the server as I've extremely enjoyed playing the MilRP with people, people are extremely welcoming and humble and at the end of the day we're all there to have fun, and I feel privileged to be able to be apart of that, so I thought I'd give back in the best way I could.

In One Paragraph, please describe how you would make an impact on the Discord server as an Administrator?: 

I've been a staff member on a LOT of servers, and I do believe I can bring something to the staff team, I'm extremely active on the discord server, I am extremely fast to respond to pings (unless something is going on) and when it comes to being a staff member I believe I work well with others, I talk with other staff and build up a positive reputation, and among non-staff I like to be seen as someone fun to talk to, but tough on people who break the rules, I also like to think I have a sense of "authority" which is why I got into being an administrator in the first place, I like handling things and will actively be on watch, but most of all I do believe that I and the staff team for CG discord server can get along nicely.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A User has been mic-spamming distorted/loud music in all of the public channels. They have since disconnected and you were only notified 20 minutes after the incident occurred.

Question 1: As a Discord Administrator, how do you react?:

I'd start by asking whoever informed me about the mic spamming for how they did it for and then after attaining that information I'd message them privately, I'd ask why they did that and if they know that mic spamming isn't permitted, no matter their answer I would issue them with a warn, to inform any future staff that have a run in with him for the same reason that he has done it before and needs to get a more severe punishment, after that I'd server mute him for a certain amount of time, depending on however long he did it for the time will fluctuate, 5 minutes = 30 minute server mute, 10 = 1 hour ETC, if I find them doing it again after the server mute ends, a Kick will be issued for failure to follow directions given by a staff member and intentional breaking of a rule.

Scenario 2: A User has been waiting in the HELPDESK channel for over an hour and a half. You join the help-desk channel to assist them and you discover they are quite agitated by your slow response.

Question 2: As a Discord Administrator, how do you react?:

I'd start off with apologising first and then explain that while the staff are as active as possible, sometimes they have stuff they have to do themselves, and can not always be on the server 24/7, after explaining that I'd ask whether or not they have asked for help in the 'Helpdesk channel' and whether or not they were given information that helped, if their answer is a no (which chances are it is) I would try my best to help them and fix their problem, if I do not know the answer myself, a senior staff member will be called for assistance to help fix the problem. Before they get on their way I'd thank them for waiting so long and apologise yet again to the slow response and try and clear up Any misunderstandings that may have occurred (hopefully, none), I'd also inform the other staff members that there was someone in the Helpdesk VC for over an hour waiting for help, and try to the best of my ability to make sure that a situation where someone waits for that long doesn't happen again.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

-1 You have applied for 2 different staff positions in the last 2 weeks. Making it seem like you're wanting a powergrab also you should get better known before applying for this position. Very toxic also.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.35.49 am.png

Edited by Hawko
  • Clown 1
  • Dumb 2
  • Cap 1

+1

Irxnz is a very nice and well known person in the server and has been a very good person in my opinion. although I dont see him talking that much in the Discord but thats just properly me. Good Luck Mate.

• Friendly 1

2 hours ago, Hawko said:

-1 You have applied for 2 different staff positions in the last 2 weeks. Making it seem like you're wanting a powergrab also you should get better known before applying for this position. Very toxic also.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.35.49 am.png

it has been 2 weeks since I applied for a moderator position in the server, also when denied it doesn't say "cannot apply to anything for 2 weeks" but "reapply in 2 weeks", meaning that I am not able to apply for a SERVER moderator position for 2 weeks, not everything else, like a discord administrator here. I value what you wrote as an opinion but I can't help but feel you're being bias due to us knowing each other in real life, I also understand how it may seem I am "wanting a power grab" as it may look like that, but I can assure you that I am not going for a "power grab" and if given the opportunity to become a discord Administrator for CG I can prove that by doing the job correctly and to the best of my abilities. 

I'd like for you to not focus on the fact that we know each other in real life and focus on the fact that this is a serious application that I would like met with serious replies, I have reasons to believe yours isn't serious (hence why I am writing such a long detailed response here), so please do not focus on the fact that we know each other and look over my application and if need be give me some criticism based on it, not how we interact outside of CG related things.

• Clown 2
  • Dumb 1

2 minutes ago, irxnz. said:

it has been 2 weeks since I applied for a moderator position in the server, also when denied it doesn't say "cannot apply to anything for 2 weeks" but "reapply in 2 weeks", meaning that I am not able to apply for a SERVER moderator position for 2 weeks, not everything else, like a discord administrator here. I value what you wrote as an opinion but I can't help but feel you're being bias due to us knowing each other in real life, I also understand how it may seem I am "wanting a power grab" as it may look like that, but I can assure you that I am not going for a "power grab" and if given the opportunity to become a discord Administrator for CG I can prove that by doing the job correctly and to the best of my abilities. 

I'd like for you to not focus on the fact that we know each other in real life and focus on the fact that this is a serious application that I would like met with serious replies, I have reasons to believe yours isn't serious (hence why I am writing such a long detailed response here), so please do not focus on the fact that we know each other and look over my application and if need be give me some criticism based on it, not how we interact outside of CG related things.

I have my opinions, I'm not arguing anymore.

Posted (edited)

dont even see you talking in the server. considering how you blew it out of the water and wrote half an essay trying to call out someone's criticism for being not serious, i don't think you'd make a good staff member in the slightest.

Edited by Nikolai
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2021 at 11:56 AM, irxnz. said:

I think you’ve just ruined your chances 

-1 hawko gave some valid arguments and then you tried to deflect them with a paragraph about how you know him irl. It’s definitely a power grab, no questions asked. I can see that it’s a power grab because you applied right after being denied mod. Also I have no clue why you think Hawko’s reply isn’t serious?

Edited by midday
  • Agree 1

Denied

Feel free to reapply in 1 month