Xhenoa

Levels Reset and Exploring A New Weapon Base (ArcCW) / Reworking all of the Current Weapons

Levels Reset and Exploring A New Weapon Base (ArcCW) / Reworking all of the Current Weapons  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think would be better?

• Levels Reset and Introduction of ArcCW
    • Levels Reset and Rework all of the Current Weapons

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/31/2021 at 03:59 PM

Suggestion Name: Resetting Levels and Exploring a New Weapon Base (ArcCW) / Reworking all of the Current Weapons

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Major Update (?)

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

I'll say it immediately, this is a suggestion and a general discussion at the same time. Not my typical posts, but I wish something substancial comes out of this as a united community opinion.

I feel like we've came to the point that our current weapons and how they work is really approaching their EOL (End of Life).

It's always the same everytime, especially with the current guns right now in which recoil and same attachments are always the name of the game everytime. That's where I think we should agree on exploring a new Weapon Base, which is ArcCW, it has been always at the back of my mind everytime I come on the server. Like, "what if players have more control to how they want their guns to be?" and "orrr just Rework the Current Weapons?", which I'm not a fan of.

I'll state my own opinions for the two, but just so you know I'm biased towards moving to ArcCW instead of redoing the whole weapons and staying with CW 2.0 (in which I hope you are biased to ArcCW aswell).

For ArcCW, much has been said. The amount of personalization it offers for players is very much ahead of what could CW 2.0 offer for the players, the attachments, almost everything could be done in a way that the players truly prefer and how they want their weapon to behave making it possible that all the weapons that would be introduced would be viable and would only be a matter of preference by the users' desire. For a developer standpoint IN STATS, I really think that it would be more of linear and actually really customizable when it comes to setting the base stats that would challenge the players' creativity, the editing of it is straight to the point actually than CW 2.0, there would be lesser complaints from players since their creativity is the key and, I think dialing it down would take time (talking about damage dropoffs and behavior of the gun here) but would produce the most positive feedback from the community.

For Rework and staying with CW 2.0. It is less personalization honestly, the management could tweak stuffs so the guns would behave different but with the current available attachments I think the outcome would still be a recoil meta. Players would just repurchase the same attachments as they progress and no personalization at all. I could see no use to pursue it further for the developer the lack of flexibility to being creative for both the players and the makers, this is what made me biased towards moving to ArcCW. The only positive notes I see is that CW 2.0 in CG was really optimized by Badger to it's limits and CW 2.0 is linear when it comes to slapping attachments.

Lastly, resetting levels. It's been 3 years since a hard reset has happened, and I really think it is the time that we should do it if either one of the two mentioned would happen. I'm sure that this doesn't sit well to new progressing players, and players that are almost at the end. I think offering a month or two of 2x boost would make up to the new players and like exclusive melees or just anything to flex would be an acceptable apology for high prestige players.

I feel like it's a matter of a united community opinion that we could persuade Feral to give a go signal and persuading Badger that it is worth his time optimizing ArcCW and Eclipse to help out. Sure it would take time, like almost everything, but with community effort and support it is really plausible.

I want to thank the players in the community for their input upon making this and the people that the management with their says aswell (I won't say names because I'm not a cocksucker lmao, but you know who you are).

To end this, let's make a substancial discussion about this in this topic.

• King 5

So you’d wanna make the community lose all the levels again, bring in a new system which will take a while to actually balance everything. Rework every regiment, have attachments get removed and added, and lose all the work you’ve put into the gun sheet?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

In my personal opinion (not the servers) I am in support of either, leaning heavily towards ArcCW though because of how cool it is.

the point of opening a discussion about something like this is to either gauge opinion on it (say a level reset), after reading through Xhenoa's suggestion I believe it is well thought out.

In the end it may not be possible to switch to something like ArcCW depending on how it goes with workflow, but the server is in dire need of a decent rework of all the guns, anyone who has played on the server for a year or two now will get what I mean when I say that the current weapons (atleast the ones below prestige 11) feel quite generic and bland after almost 3 years of using them. At the end of 2018 (December) we released the full rebalance for the existing CW guns and they have been used since with little modification.

I'm in support of a reset (personal opinion) because it allows everyone to start from the same starting point. There would be next to no point doing a full rebalance without soft locking content somehow so you get a sense of progression, as the only forms of progression on the server right now are; weapons/levels/prestiges and ingame ranks (which most cant get to due to existing players in the ranks)

When we did the reset 2-3 years ago, no one really complained that much, even those who did very quickly realised the reason why it had to be done and understood that. 

For sure no one wants to see their effort go to waste, but feel free to suggest alternatives if you have a better idea.

Also, using a different weapon base would allow for firerates that are non generic, who doesn't want to see a lot of variation in rifles and submachine guns? 
with CW2 at the moment we are locked to certain ranges of firerates.

Edited by Pingas
  • Agree 4
  • King 1

good luck finding more than 1 dev willing to do all that lmfao. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3
  • King 2

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

So you’d wanna make the community lose all the levels again, bring in a new system which will take a while to actually balance everything. Rework every regiment, have attachments get removed and added, and lose all the work you’ve put into the gun sheet?

Actually yes, if that is what it takes to rework it since almost all the weapons are what Pingas said, "generic". True, that the staffs would take the players' flak with the reset, but I believe it is worth it in the end. Especially at this time that the workshop support for ArcCW is more than suffice to provide the number of guns that CG currently has (even the missing ones) and CG's guns falling out. Also, as what Pingas said (lmao) it may not be possible in the end, but I've atleast want to try to open the discussion with the community and with the long standing members, because it's better to be said than never. Lastly, I don't really mind losing work with the gun sheet, it's there to help the community and I'm more than willing to rebuild it even things change.

55 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

good luck finding more than 1 dev willing to do all that lmfao. 

Persuation and leverage lmao 😂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

But mah Luhvels.

nearly prestige 20 

Edited by Jack-0ff

A level reset would be a pain in the ass for the people who have been trying to work their way to some guns that they haven't got yet and would never get

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

moke

Edited by Miller
Sussus Amogus

7 hours ago, Xhenoa said:

Persuation and leverage lmao

and money 😄 

+1 Reworking everything sounds dumb and would take a lot of time but after playing the server for years, it sounds amazing. I support this fully although I doubt there are many people who are willing to spend their time configing all of the guns XD

Posted (edited)

Delete pls

Edited by Hawko
  • Clown 1

Posted (edited)

People who are whining about losing their prestige and level, clearly can’t see the bigger picture. I think it is a really good idea. ArcCW would really freshen up the server, and you can also do gun nerfs and buffs straight through the Q-menu, so it would be super easy to configure. It is also very easy to port over from CW. +1 from me.

Edited by Castle
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Castle said:

People who are whining about losing their prestige and level, clearly can’t see the bigger picture. I think it is a really good idea. ArcCW would really freshen up the server, and you can also do gun nerfs and buffs straight through the Q-menu, so it would be super easy to configure. It is also very easy to port over from CW. +1 from me.

The problem with it is that all the hours people have invested into the leveling system would just be thrown out the window. People who’ve grinded hard for their levels or afk will just lose them and lose all sense of achievement for hitting prestige 20. It’s a upper cut to the chin. While it would be nice to see the new weapon system,  it’ll do more damage than good for some people and will probably make some people leave fully.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Clown 1

there will always be people who don't want a level reset, but personally i think it would be worthwhile exploring, there are a few kinks that need to be worked out/around before it can be a solid yes though, still on the fence.

+1

I majorly support this, it would help freshen up the server and rebalancing all weapons would be a nice change.
lets cover some points of people whining about level reset

1.) I wanna keep my levels
Yea well I wanted to keep level 1845 last level reset but I didn't.
You get over level resets pretty quickly and they help everyone on the server be on a equal level, if someone is prestige 20, level 600 and someone else is prestige 20 level 2, at level reset, they will now be equal, its nice for balance and to get the experience of leveling up again, giving you something to do.

"To Stay in the past or the present is to miss the future"

• Agree 1
  • King 1

4 hours ago, Snake said:

The problem with it is that all the hours people have invested into the leveling system would just be thrown out the window. People who’ve grinded hard for their levels or afk will just lose them and lose all sense of achievement for hitting prestige 20. It’s a upper cut to the chin. While it would be nice to see the new weapon system,  it’ll do more damage than good for some people and will probably make some people leave fully.

Or some people who want to make it to prestige 20 and haven't gotten there yet.

• Disagree 1

Forgot to add, I'll give +2 if you add toyota sights

• King 1