Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Kobe

Mitigating the Tali vs US engagement issue

Posted (edited)

Suggestion Name: Mitigating the Tali vs US engagement issue outside base

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Vehicle

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed): Introduce a proper solution the Tali v US engagement issue. Mechanically there is no point in leaving the US base because you get jumped immediately without being able to do anything against an attack, either you get blown to shits by an Attack heli or you are fearRP'd out of a car and then killed. I say a good way to mitigate this issue is to make it so Taliban cannot fearRP any vehicle from the US and give all vehicle wheels indestructibility. Using the LAV argument is invalid, it only allows 1 person to use it and is restricted by how many can be active at a time (1). Also the vehicle is a 75th exclusive vehicle, meaning, every other regiment has no actual way to mitigate this issue anyway. The only incentive for the LAV should be its speed and health over the other vehicles in the army; this'll still give the LAV its position as the "ideal" vehicle for capturing intel during raids and wartime so the vehicle doesn't become obsolete. In the future I see tali attacks as a thing still happening outside base however, the US have a chance to escape and not immediately become sitting ducks, being stranded and killed instantly by 1 tali attack rocket.

Edited by Benjamin Kobe
Fixing grammatic errors.
  • Disagree 3
  • Dumb 2

No, This is how it is in real life.
If you leave the base you run the risk of being shot.
This is the reason why US vehicles have more HP, for this exact reason.
Making Taliban not able to fear RP would make insurgent extremely over powered, with its large HP pool
If you don't want to die instantly, learn situational awareness (Speak to kruuze or nomad to help you for that)
and use your equipment (Blackhawk, attack heli, large HP pool trucks and smaller HP hummers)
if you make wheels unbreakable, it'll make stopping raids a lot harder, the US lav will become a pain if there are no explosives on

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Lock the checkpoint down better, use the sec ops to scan people for weapons go out in groups and not 1 person but ofc 1 person is gonna get jumped by the 5 tali monkeys hanging around outside .

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Clown 1

10 minutes ago, Jack-0ff said:

Lock the checkpoint down better, use the sec ops to scan people for weapons go out in groups and not 1 person but ofc 1 person is gonna get jumped by the 5 tali monkeys hanging around outside .

Sounds a lot like you support that leaving the US base is a chore. Who wants to play on a server where it's that tedious to leave their base? Then you get Tali complaining because there's no fights outside the US towers. While it doesn't all boil down to this, this suggestion would go a long way towards improving the PVP on the server.  +1

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Miller said:

No, This is how it is in real life.
If you leave the base you run the risk of being shot.
This is the reason why US vehicles have more HP, for this exact reason.
Making Taliban not able to fear RP would make insurgent extremely over powered, with its large HP pool
If you don't want to die instantly, learn situational awareness (Speak to kruuze or nomad to help you for that)
and use your equipment (Blackhawk, attack heli, large HP pool trucks and smaller HP hummers)
if you make wheels unbreakable, it'll make stopping raids a lot harder, the US lav will become a pain if there are no explosives on

I said US vehicles not UN, also sec ops arent always guarding checkpoint, just because it can be done doesn't mean it is. Honestly, The US vehicles dont have that much HP a few mags (5 will destroy them easy) also the attack heli is extremely powerful blowing vehicles up in 3 hits. None of your points solve the greater issue, if they're a ton of tali outside US and no sec ops guarding base (which is all 80% of the time), there is nothing US members can do. Also With the raids thing, if a squad of tali are focused on any vehicle it'll die in seconds, explosives do insane amounts of damage  to vehicles so really it shouldn't be an issue when stopping cars during raids. , In the grand scheme of things a single Tali can cause a lot more harm then a single US can handle, that speaks volumes to the unbalance. Also when  I say instantly I meant that hyperbolically not literally.

1 hour ago, Jack-0ff said:

Checkpoints aren't always being guard by sec ops a majority of the time. This means it's just left up to other US members to control checkpoints who don't have the same tools. Honestly you're making checkpoints sound like a chore then a fun part of the server.

The hummers have the same HP as the civ cars, learn to defend yourself, this isn't going to fix it, and if if did I don't think this would be done. There is meant gonna always have to be a conflict between Taliban and US for the server to properly function

• Disagree 1
  • Clown 1

1 minute ago, Kaptian Core said:

The hummers have the same HP as the civ cars, learn to defend yourself, this isn't going to fix it, and if if did I don't think this would be done. There is meant gonna always have to be a conflict between Taliban and US for the server to properly function

Ah yes let me just hop out of my hummer while being shot at, better yet why don't I hop out of my car when an attack heli is shooting me that'll help! Also my suggestion isn't gonna stop all the conflict between tali and US only to mitigate the disadvantage US are at by leaving the base. I feel like you didn't read any of my points or replies.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Benjamin Kobe said:

I said US vehicles not UN,

pretty sure the what you said was 

10 hours ago, Benjamin Kobe said:

and give all vehicle wheels indestructibility

If your suggestion was to be added, It'd tip the server majorly in US favour as fearRP out of vehicles is the main way of capturing US.
The LAV has a large but not giant pool of health and it would assist US majorly in raids, as taliban don't always have members that have explosives such as the RPG equipped, its more common for jihads or grenades which you have to A.) Be close or B.) Hope they don't move out the way
and taliban don't get the luxury of focusing on one car, its most commonly, a Hummer, then a LAV, followed by a blackhawk, meaning we have to focus on the LAV and the blackhawk which are high HP vehicles, being unable to break the LAV tyres would make it an even stronger raiding vehicle, tipping raids in US side.

Let move onto the other issues you mention in this, US can do something, if checkpoint is full of taliban
LEAVE OUT THE OTHER EXIT
all bases normally have two exits, you can leave out the other one, people like kruuze, and yapopey and other officers do this to avoid conflict.

and you speak as if the taliban helicopter was doing more damage than the US one, it isn't, US just doesn't have any good pilots.
MooMooCow aka Pingas is a really good pilot, and when going to the US side I've seen him pull off 60+ kill bounties and strike the same fear the US feel when they see a taliban helicopter, there isn't a mis-balance in gear and US don't need more things to help them, the only unbalance is the unbalance of skilled players, more skilled players enter taliban then they do US, thats why it feels like its unbalanced, not because it is but because of skill level difference.
if you wanted these things added, you'd see way less taliban players than there already is.

There isn't a way to fix skill unbalance unless you want feral to open a second server for high skill players

TLDR; The server is fine as it is, there is no need for a rebalance, the only unbalance is skill level between players.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, Benjamin Kobe said:

Also my suggestion isn't gonna stop all the conflict between tali and US only to mitigate the disadvantage US

by giving US a massive buff?? lmao

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

You have a good idea here, instead of indestructability you could suggest to just raise the HP of the wheels by 1/3 or 1/2 of the current pool. personally have no idea how the wheel destruction stuff is written as I think badger made it ages ago, but it should be possible. (it also could just be scaling based on total HP pool, but like I said no idea how its written)

Specific values would have to get tested by our internal team for that though.

Vehicles are meant to be somewhat strong but we want to try to avoid situations where raiding is just - drive car in base, take intel, drive out with 20+ people shooting at you 

(Yes I know you can do this in transport helicopters as well due to high HP pools, but tail rotor is easy enough to shoot off)

US have always had issues with 'leaving the base'. but honestly just don't go out the main gate, jump in a tower and hop the wall, seemed to work for me in US 99% of the time.
You guys  are kind of a bit unlucky though since Jakob pretty good with attack Heli now.

Jungle inherently had that issue of people not leaving, the map is nostalgia and the layout isn't my favourite, base is big and open (somehow encourages people to stay inside when the base is huge and open)

On the other point (Taliban cannot fearRP any vehicle from the US)
I strongly disagree there, you already cant fearRP a moving vehicle, and once shot at (even once) by the people trying to fearRP you out of the car, you don't even have to listen to them.
Like in any FPS game you got to keep moving

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion regarding this issue.

Regards,

Pingas

• Agree 4

13 hours ago, Miller said:

If your suggestion was to be added, It'd tip the server majorly in US favour as fearRP out of vehicles is the main way of capturing US

Clearly you haven't played on the server long enough, most US captures are due to our own members willing walking into bases, most cases of fearRP result in people just being killed as soon as they get out of the car.

The server is fine as it is, there is no need for a rebalance, the only unbalance is skill level between players.

Oh boy, the skill argument. Look if one side is vastly greater in skill then another side then an advantage must be given to the opposing side. Do you think it'd be fair to make a NBA professional vs a high school kid in a game of basketball? No, because the skill difference is vastly different. In the situation where the skill is this dramatically different it is ideal to give the less skill side an advantage as this equalises the playing field. The change isn't even offensive, it is a defensive one, in rise of recent development of attack helicopters showing up a lot more in number for the taliban side. "oh just get skilled players" that's entirely a flawed argument, we can't force skilled pilots to be on a side, that's entirely up to the person's choice, It's difficult to take your point seriously because it literally does not help in anyway to mitigate the issue. Just because there is balance, DOES NOT mean that it is balanced. Oh also the US gets lots of people BECAUSE WE ALWAYS GET THE NEW ONES. How bout you automatically make people join taliban when they join instead of US??? maybe that'll up your numbers. 

LEAVE OUT THE OTHER EXIT

While this would've been a valid point for Jungle, the current map is registan and the exit is the most TEDIOUS exit to get to in a humvee or canvas, Kruuze and Yapoppey can leave via the other exit easily because they get Buffalos that can spawn in themselves, what is the average player suppose to do?

Look right now the PVP is abyssmal, the US never leave base because it is the only safe place they can be most of the time, there is no incentive to leave the base for the US, there is no reward only RISK, I have spent a majority of my time leaving the base and experiencing the stuff outside the base and I gotta say, THERE AINT MUCH. Most of the taliban that want fighting are at the checkpoints, in attack helicopters or camping around the map! Time and time again I ALWAYS get jumped by an attack heli and there is virtually nothing I can do! If I wanted to cap an objective safely without blowing up, I can't! When 1 attack heli goes down another shows up in it's place because of how many attack pilots there are. The only time it is remotely possible is during low pop hours and at that point it's just a mindless grind without fight. You know the PVP is terrible when US have to avoid confrontations instead of taking up fights, because of load of disadvantages that come with being OUTSIDE THE BASE

TLDR;Hostage situations are done mostly when US want it to happen, Skill differences between sides should insight balance for newer players, stop paraphrasing to twist my original meaning and there is no incentive to leaving the base because the risk outweighs the reward for NEWER PLAYERS. 

• Clown 1
  • Dumb 1

1 hour ago, Pingas said:

You have a good idea here, instead of indestructability you could suggest to just raise the HP of the wheels by 1/3 or 1/2 of the current pool.

I think indestructability now from all your points is fair, if they were to raise the hp of the wheels it'd need to be high enough so a single tali rocket doesn't immobilise the vehicle  but not high enough where halting a raid is impossible. 

1 hour ago, Pingas said:

On the other point (Taliban cannot fearRP any vehicle from the US)
I strongly disagree there, you already cant fearRP a moving vehicle, and once shot at (even once) by the people trying to fearRP you out of the car, you don't even have to listen to them.
Like in any FPS game you got to keep moving

This is true, I think the cannot fearRP any vehicle from the US was a bit of a stretch. I would say cannot fearRP on objectives is fairer because it's an active warzone, it's nonsensical to be able to fearRP out of a car while in the middle of a hostile environment. The Taliban aren't disadvantaged because they can still stop points from being taken and shoot at a defenceless vehicles. 

Pingas the greater issue is that the new US members and current US members don't have a good incentive to leave base it's better to stay in base and wait for events or camp checkpoint because of the way things are now. I don't know a good solution for that but something has  got to be done.

2 hours ago, Benjamin Kobe said:

Clearly you haven't played on the server long enough, most US captures are due to our own members willing walking into bases, most cases of fearRP result in people just being killed as soon as they get out of the car.

Clearly you haven't been playing the server long enough, majority of my men who capture people is fearRPing them out of cars when US decide to stand stationary in their cars when talking to people, the only times its used to kill people are if they are a direct threat to something the taliban are doing 

"oh just get skilled players" that's entirely a flawed argument, we can't force skilled pilots to be on a side, that's entirely up to the person's choice, It's difficult to take your point seriously because it literally does not help in anyway to mitigate the issue. Just because there is balance, DOES NOT mean that it is balanced. Oh also the US gets lots of people BECAUSE WE ALWAYS GET THE NEW ONES. How bout you automatically make people join taliban when they join instead of US??? maybe that'll up your numbers. 

The problem with argument, is people are given the option to join US or Taliban when joining the server.
Second problem is, the skill level isn't always the same, its not  NBA professionals vs high school kids, the NBA professionals are mixed in between both teams, both major factions have very high skill players, its just due to the numbers the US have that their high skill players make up a less percent than compared to taliban.

US also have people that are able to be skilled pilots and players, you aren't naturally born good, you have to put in commitment to becoming good at flying helis or PVP, its just US don't seem to want to do that, while I do see some people try, I've not really seen SAS train a single one of their pilots outside of first joining the regiment.

And yes, you are the US forces, expect to get new players as everyone wants to be the hero, your officers should be prepared for new players and be teaching them, like marines already do.

While this would've been a valid point for Jungle, the current map is registan and the exit is the most TEDIOUS exit to get to in a humvee or canvas, Kruuze and Yapoppey can leave via the other exit easily because they get Buffalos that can spawn in themselves, what is the average player suppose to do?

You do not need a car, This map isn't that giant and you can walk, If you're worried about being shot, keep your rifle out and don't draw attention, if a certain taliban is giving you issues, ask someone to watch that area for you, you can't expect to not die if you only want to lone walk.
Its still possible to get a car out the exit should you want, or, better yet, ask a SAS to pile people into a blackhawk and go run some mission...

Look right now the PVP is abyssmal, the US never leave base because it is the only safe place they can be most of the time, there is no incentive to leave the base for the US, there is no reward only RISK, I have spent a majority of my time leaving the base and experiencing the stuff outside the base and I gotta say, THERE AINT MUCH. Most of the taliban that want fighting are at the checkpoints, in attack helicopters or camping around the map! Time and time again I ALWAYS get jumped by an attack heli and there is virtually nothing I can do! If I wanted to cap an objective safely without blowing up, I can't! When 1 attack heli goes down another shows up in it's place because of how many attack pilots there are. The only time it is remotely possible is during low pop hours and at that point it's just a mindless grind without fight. You know the PVP is terrible when US have to avoid confrontations instead of taking up fights, because of load of disadvantages that come with being OUTSIDE THE BASE

TLDR;Hostage situations are done mostly when US want it to happen, Skill differences between sides should insight balance for newer players, stop paraphrasing to twist my original meaning and there is no incentive to leaving the base because the risk outweighs the reward for NEWER PLAYERS. 

The risk really doesn't outweifght the reward, for newer players, capping points, kill taliban and doing anything out of base is worth even if you die as you get both XP and money from doing so which they need to get better shit to fight with.

The PVP isn't abyssmal, most rifles are evenly balanced, the times you'll find yourself getting killed is when you aren't paying attention, most the kills I get on US are because they are stopped facing a single direction out of base not doing anything, If you place yourself as a target expect to be shot as one.

The attack helicopter that the taliban use has less HP than the venom and can carry less people but is faster, it rewards the entire way that taliban play, the only way the change this would to make it slower or less strong or heavier which would nerf the entire Al-s regiment into even more obscurity, to add to this, Al-s only has two chiefs and two attack pilots, thats only 4 possible attack helis and only 1 of which is allowed to be up at a time.

If you want more reason to get out of base you're going to have to speak to RPOs, as a officer in taliban or US we are not allowed to do anything that involves building less we want to risk demotion, only the rank of RPO can grant us to do such things

The server is already made for new players, notice how almost all the SMGs are jack shit and take the whole mag to kill?
yea thats on purpose, wanna know some really strong rifles? AK-74 and Scar-H, the server is already taking care of the new players by making TTK really high and giving them high damage rifles to fight with.

• Agree 2

I was an officer for a year and a half in US.  Through that time I reached Major of Navy SEALs and General of Delta Force.

From my experience you can easily leave base.  

Option 1: officers can spawn vehicles outside the base if you are standing on the wall or in the tower because you are in base still.  Obviously this is difficult for a pvt-2LT.  However, you can ask an officer to come with you.

Option 2:

When leaving from inside the base use the side gate!!! Even if you're lazy leaving the fromt gate is easily achieved by gunning it full speed out the base.  It is failRP for Taliban to get into a vehicle moving at speed.  If one person does it, tell them in OOC and try again.  If it happens again make a ticket.  Generally players will stop doing it after being told off.

Option 3: leave on foot from a tower at the back of base.  Both Registan, ww3 jungle, and the coming fs2 edits have towers that are not watched by Taliban.

• Agree 3
  • Cap 1

4 hours ago, Asatru said:

Option 3: leave on foot from a tower at the back of base.  Both Registan, ww3 jungle, and the coming fs2 edits have towers that are not watched by Taliban.

This quote right here perfectly explains what I'm about to say. If there is a massive firefight outside of base the smart thing is to climb up into a tower and jump out, afterwards just circle around and catch them off guard and blam blam they dead. Learnt this from the Lord himself @Asatru and heavily told everyone that would enter my regi to do this. These days it comes down to poor technique and tactic which I plan to try and fix while I'm back on the server by trying to talk with different officers in Us. As pingas said if a vehicle is too Op it ruins raids and practically any combat at all on the server. It's up to officers to implement a key word that no one really does anymore "TRAINING". I do thank you for bringing this up, I'll speak to all regi CO's and HC about possible training solutions and upskilling to deal with this issue.

• Funny 1
  • Clown 1

How about a compromise; being in a vehicle that has potential to drive away/absorb bullets shouldn't make you an easy target for fearrp, but also being shot at once shouldn't make you fearless to anythign else. Thus, what if nobody can be fear-rp'd out of cars, however if your car begins to start smoking its durability is compromised and you're more willing to cooperate than to risk further desctruction to the car or the occupants. You could even extend this to LAVs and insurgents, because AFAIK the smoking effect results after achieving a certain percentage of total health, so their naturally higher HP would mean a lot more work to get it to a state of disrepair, keeping their high endurance. Just an idea.

To be honest, yeah, I see both sides of this argument here. Many factions group up near the checkpoint just because it's fairly accessible for everyone and allows for RP. This means that for anyone wanting to take the logical exit becomes a natural target for any trouble-makers. Furthermore, many new people can become discouraged from what appears to be being spawncamped from outside their base. Unfortunately, the Registan base's second gate is sort of hidden, and I rarely see people leave from there. For the officers, well, it's a lot easier; you can just spawn a car over the wall — the USMC bunks are quite far from the auxiliary gate. However, it should be accommodated such that non-officers have ease of access to leave base, as they make up the vast majority. For Registan particularly, we have two vehicle dealers near the main gate, and none near the side. Why not move one of the vehicle dealers to the side area so that there is reduced clutter on the main road and less tediousness navigating the sharp turns to the second gate?

In summary, I see where you're coming from Ben and I agree that it is an issue, but it's just how it's come to be. Taliban want to kill US, it's their purpose, so you have to find grounds where you're at an advantage, not them. I find that leaving base with a rough idea of where I'm going makes it easier to determine where to leave from, how to leave and to avoid certain areas. When there's an AH-6, it's like playing cat and mouse, you can't really fight it unless you're at base or on an objective with multiple people, but you can try and avoid it best you can. For some reason, the gate-camping ordeal only became an actual thing during ww3, that or I can't remember it before then. If there is a troublesome person/group hanging near the US base with murderous tendencies, I'd try to gather up some people or go myself to flank them and take them out. It leaves the majority of the people in checkpoint wanting to RP unaffected, but keeps the US safe.

On a side note, the people that like to stay in towers to avoid having to continually dying and going to capture objectives have a fair way to play the game, I always see Taliban and US interacting in the checkpoint and I think that a few people defending in the towers and conversing with civilians is healthy for RP as well as balances the others who like going out for PVP and objectives. During raids/random events/vault, most will be told to come assist anyway.

Edited by Yapopey
  • Agree 1
  • King 1

bro what the fuck am i reading you had me engaged with the title and i thought an actual good suggestion was coming

then i read this shit and now you've completely turned me against it

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, Yapopey said:

How about a compromise; being in a vehicle that has potential to drive away/absorb bullets shouldn't make you an easy target for fearrp, but also being shot at once shouldn't make you fearless to anythign else. Thus, what if nobody can be fear-rp'd out of cars, however if your car begins to start smoking its durability is compromised and you're more willing to cooperate than to risk further desctruction to the car or the occupants. You could even extend this to LAVs and insurgents, because AFAIK the smoking effect results after achieving a certain percentage of total health, so their naturally higher HP would mean a lot more work to get it to a state of disrepair, keeping their high endurance. Just an idea.

Sadly, even this compromise is a bit sided, as the taliban, unless they want to use the slower, more cumbersome trucks would be at a disadvantage, our utility truck and car that are mostly used have about 1/2 of the health of the US Humvee (its like this because the tali car is a little quicker I believe), in about half a mag you can get a taliban car to smoke while it can take 1-2 mags to make a US humvee smoke, making it harder to fearRP any factions that have humvees... so all sides but taliban..

A way around this, I could see, is maybe making it only specific regiments can fearRP people out of vehicles, E.g Taliban's Al-qaeda and US's security Ops could fearRP people in cars while regular regiments wouldn't be at skilled at convincing people to get out of the safety of the cars, I know a lot of people will dislike this idea, but really think about, taliban Al-q job is to kidnap and Security Operations job is to arrest, it would be only natural for those regiments to have the linguistic ability to convince someone to leave their vehicle

Edited by Miller
Sussus Amogus
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, Miller said:

Sadly, even this compromise is a bit sided, as the taliban, unless they want to use the slower, more cumbersome trucks would be at a disadvantage, our utility truck and car that are mostly used have about 1/2 of the health of the US Humvee (its like this because the tali car is a little quicker I believe), in about half a mag you can get a taliban car to smoke while it can take 1-2 mags to make a US humvee smoke, making it harder to fearRP any factions that have humvees... so all sides but taliban..

However, when it comes to fear-rp'ing a taliban from a car, the idea is that since civilian cars can accelerate much faster than hummers can, you would be able to get a sizeable speed or distance away from an aggressor to avoid fear-rp; the same rule applies to said suggestion  the car needs to be in a stationary state. Furthermore, from when I've seen a taliban attempt to kill a US, their car has already been forgoed in pursuit, and they plan to remain around the same area or steal the vehicle in possession of whom they've killed.

9 hours ago, Miller said:

A way around this, I could see, is maybe making it only specific regiments can fearRP people out of vehicles, E.g Taliban's Al-qaeda and US's security Ops could fearRP people in cars while regular regiments wouldn't be at skilled at convincing people to get out of the safety of the cars, I know a lot of people will dislike this idea, but really think about, taliban Al-q job is to kidnap and Security Operations job is to arrest, it would be only natural for those regiments to have the linguistic ability to convince someone to leave their vehicle

However, this would make it harder to counter the vehicle strat for random events, as you'd need one person from that regiment to appear to get them to exit the vehicle, buying precious time. It's a pretty resented strategy and if noone from that specific regiment is online or active, then you would need to dedicate yourself and others to destroying that vehicle, making you vulnerable to being attacked. This would be more appropriate in situations where it isn't a direct combat zone, e.g. checkpoint, city, and Sec-Ops/Al-Q can utilize their skill to persuade or fear an enemy out of a vehicle. In addition, an extension of this idea can create something like keeping the original rules (or modified) for fear-rp, yet with said restrictions on the place it can be done (non-KOS areas), whilst allowing Sec-Ops/Al-Q to use fear-rp anywhere.

there are towers you can jump out around the base, sneak out and do stuff. if you dont want to get fear rpd in a car just drive and dont stop. its kinda irl 

• Agree 1