silenced

Silenced's Moderator Application

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:57497523

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075260774

Current In-Game Alias (Rank & Name): Captain Silenced

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Silenced

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: I am not.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: I have been staff on many different g-mod servers over the years, not recently I will add. The most recent is Nitro Dark RP, but since its so long ago Its kind of hard to remember but, 5HeadGaming TTT and Golden Gaming TTT as well, there is definitely more but its hard to remember. Each of these was either a Mod or Admin role, but I've looked it up and all of the forums have been deleted, though there is a reference to my old username in an archive of the 5HeadGaming Forums under the name of "deathpro3". Apologies if this is unnecessary.

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (provide gametracker link/s): 1077 Hours https://www.gametracker.com/player/Silenced/139.99.185.81:27015/ Keep in mind I do AFK for levels, etc.

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, etc)?: Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes, I've used this mod quite a bit in past experience

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 8/10

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: I try my very best to follow all server rules and keep up to date on any changes. As a server member I also let others know if they are breaking a rule

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: I understand that no matter rank or status to me each rule is enforced evenly. No exceptions.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: I do have a microphone, though I don't use it in game often as its usually not necessary. However I understand that in a staff position a microphone is practically a necessity.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: I understand that a staff member is to be sensible and responsible at all times.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I have had 2 bans to date I believe. One is from 2016 or early 2017 I don't remember for cheating, which was not permanent. I know this is a serious topic currently so I will clarify I have not used cheating software, or opened up the cheating software ever since I have started playing to server for real, Mid-Late 2020. I hope this isn't a deal breaker. The second ban was when I started playing in Mid-Late 2020, and it was for a Mass-RDM during events, having not played the server for a long time at that point I had no idea what the rules were, and being a fully trained Taliban, no one trained me. So at this point I just starting killing AFK's that had piled up on a tower to heaven at which I was banned for I think a week? But I'm unsure.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: I use the CG discord very often, I practically never go a day without sending at least one message. I also very often use RP Comms and other RP Channels

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & Rules (#get-verified Channel): Yes

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay? (minimum 100 words): I believe that I should be accepted as a Moderator as I am quite active, playing at least 2 hours a day, and even more on weekends, and with school holidays coming up I hope that the player population will increase and I will be able to help with the demand for Moderators and the flowing tickets and issues that arise. I always believe that I am in good reputations with most of the players on the server, I try to the best of my ability to hold a neutral ability on everything and to get along with everybody, and I believe this attitude would be effective in dealing with players, and helping new players get accustomed to the server.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I will be honest, I am not to vocal when working as a team and not often expressing my opinions, instead listening to others and trying to siphon other information. However I do believe I am good at coordinating and will always give input when it is asked and give help wherever is needed.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: No major impacts, but I like giving everyone a good time, have a laugh and make good memories. I also hope that I have impacted my fellow Marines as a Captain and any new recruits that I have trained. I also try to calm any tension that might be occurring, in OOC for example.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: I am quiet, and I don't often speak or talk. I keep to myself and I am blunt about. I try to be easy-going and calm to set a good vibe for whoever I may be talking to. I also like to think I'm trustworthy and helpful to those close to me, however I alone cannot say.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A player with an attack heli has intentionally fired in front of the enemy base gates to kill someone with a bounty, but also killing players inside the base. A ticket is made by one of these bystanders and the attacker denies all the accusations saying it was an accident saying that there was no proof

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 80 words)?

I would take the ticket as soon as possible, gather all useful information (e.g. Check Console, check logs, etc.) and !bring the parties involved to an Admin Sit. I would ask the accused of his account of the situation and explain why he is here. Given that they say it was an accident/no proof, I would ask the accuser if they had any further evidence to back up their claims, such as a recording. Given the evidence I would decide whether the accused is guilty/innocent. Given the accused was Innocent, I would clarify what is/isn't against the rules to the accuser. However if the accused is guilty, I would first explain the rules. telling him about Solo-Raiding and about Base rules, given his warn history I would either give him a warning, or if the user has previous offences, consult a higher member of staff (If available) before handing out a higher punishment of a 3 day ban.

Scenario 2: A Chief/Officer has been caught spawning in props to prop climb a wall despite previous warnings from staff for doing similar things. You tell him to stop but a few hours later another staff member catches him doing it.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 80 words)?

If the Officer/Chief has been logged doing this kind of behavior before, I would make sure to clarify this with the staff member actively doing the sit. Letting them know of their previous offences, so that they are able to hand out an appropriate punishment (most likely a demotion from their Q-Menu role), other than that if the sit has already been taken it is not my business to steal or intrude on another staffs duties. It is also good idea to advise any possible higher ranked Officers/Chiefs/GOA/LOF of their behavior, letting them know of their demotion.

Scenario 3: A Player is running around on the server and RDMing constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 3: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 100 words)?

A simple Jail or a Jail TP to an admin room should be done to stop the player for causing anymore damage, then taking them away from view of other players. After checking logs, previous warns, and any other viable information. After short analysis I will determine an appropriate punishment for the player (A ban, because if they are a high enough rank to get a gun, they are high enough rank to understand the rules). I would also ask for a statement for the player, if he has anything to say. After or if the player has anything to say I will explain the MRDM or RDM of any sort is not tolerated on the server and that he can take a vacation (Ban) of 1 week to clear his mind of all violent thoughts. They are also free to appeal here on the forums if they feel their ban was unfair/unjust.

Scenario 4: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 4: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 100 words)?

I would Jail TP them to an admin sit just like any other player to stop any further damage from being done and keep them out of view of others. I would check logs and gather any other information that might be necessary to formulate an opinion. I would ask them for a statement, and accept any tickets that are related to the situation. I would explain to them that I've observed them going on a downward trend lately, and that even though they are a respected and well-known player rules are the same everyone. After finalizing all evidence and coming to a conclusion, I would explain to the server, that he would be receiving a ban for his actions (1 week) and that it is most likely for the best, and that they should learn from their mistakes.

• Friendly 1
  • King 1

+1

Silenced has proved himself as a capable and responsible moderator. In spite of some mingey periods, he's picked up his act a lot since he got a leadership role in marines, and shows a talent for taking on responsibilities and handling them well. Silenced would be a great fit for moderator.

Good luck!

• Friendly 2
  • King 1

+1 we need more femboys on the staff team

in all seriousness silenced cna be very mature if need be, would love to have him on the staff team 

• Friendly 1
  • King 2

+1 Silenced is the most thoughtful person I know, and although he may not show it, always has everyon's best interests in mind. I have no doubt that he would fit perfectly as a moderator, being able to speak clearly and concisely, as well as properly applying fair resolutions to any issues, may they arise.

Furthermore, I wholefully endorse Silenced's ability to remain calm during stressful situations. He is capable of maintaining a professional and coherent attitude whenever it is needed, and thus can influence other players on the server to do the same.

His efforts as a dedicated player, as well as an officer in the US Marines, has shown myself, and others of his commitment to the server, and innate his leadership skills. Genuine enjoyment of the server is essential to have in order to perform at the best of one's ability, and I know he possesses that. I hope he is given a good chance at being a moderator.

• Friendly 1
  • King 1

Neutral,

I believe you can do well just not 100% sure due to your little minge times. So good luck tho.

• Friendly 1
  • Clown 1
  • King 1

+1
Silenced is a pretty cool lad, I've only ever had good experiences with him and I feel that he is mature enough to receive a position in the staff team. 
He's fun to talk to, is quite often as positive as can be, and he's a dedicated player and officer.

🙂

• Friendly 2
  • King 1

+1

Mr Yapopey said it correctly, and if accepted I’ll take you under my wing to direct you to be a good staff member. I’ve seen silenced here grow as a player within CG, spending time with him in marines. He’s a cool dude, with a heart of gold

• Friendly 2

Posted (edited)

+1

Silenced, over the last couple weeks, I've watched you and how you conduct yourself in your regiment, some people pointed out that you can some times be mingy, and I won't deny it, BUT you have proven yourself more than capable for the position,  you understand when to talk and when to listen (I and some others could learn a thing or two from you on that), you stick to your guns, even when its your friends, you don't back down or treat them differently when they are being troublesome or naughty, you are stubborn when you know you're in the right and you've always backed down after being proven wrong, and apologized, I've only ever heard good things about you, and after getting to know you more the last couple weeks, I'm more than sure you'd make a great staff member, I'm sure you could even rival people like Zynix and Canoon with how good you'd be in the staff team.

To sum it all up.
You are respectful. You'd fit into the staff team perfectly and, given time, will shape it to the better, Its silly that you even need to apply with how well you conduct yourself.
I hope, this coming week or the next, that we see you in the staff team.
Allah bless you, you crazy son of a bitch and change the community for the better o7.

Edited by Miller
  • Friendly 2
  • King 1

ACCEPTED
Congrats, Your training will begin once on the server.

• Friendly 1