Jake

Jake Von Forum Moderator Application

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:179713803

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198319693334/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Colonel Jake Von

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Jake Von

Are you staff on any other servers within this community (Ingame o discord)?: Currently Moderator ingame 

How much time do you spend actively on the forums?: Probably around 1-2 hours minimum a day

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Moderator, Ultimate 

Are you familiar with the usage of the forums?: Yes 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?:

Discord Agreement

How often do you use the Discord server?: Pretty much every single day just sitting in an open public channel. 

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord server group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this server group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord rules: YES

Questions

Why should we choose you over other applicants? (min. 50 words): I am active around the forums. Although I may not always be commenting on forum threads I am always looking and reading through the post. I am always open to helping out the community in whatever way possible. I also feel it could be a good learning opportunity to learn more about the server and its areas of improvement. I want to make sure that the rules of the forums are being enforced by removing inappropriate or anything that doesn’t follow forum rules.

Why do you want to obtain the rank of Forum Moderator? (min. 100 words): I want to obtain the rank of Forum Moderator to continue to help the server outside of actually being on the gmod server. I want to help people out with problems they are having with the forums. I want to be able to enforce the rules of the forums to the best of my ability. I would rather be a Forum Moderator than applying for other positions such as Discord Admin. I feel I could make a bigger impact as a Forum Moderator rather than applying for such other positions. I want to be able to help guide people on how to work the forums. I enjoy scrolling through the forums while I am at school or not doing anything.

In the situation of you not understanding how to deal with a certain situation, what would you do?:

I would contact someone who has been in the position longer than me. If they don’t know I would simply go to the next highest rank which would be Joni. I would make sure I am listening and watching how they dealt with the situation so the next time it comes up I am able to deal with it.

ToS

Upon receiving this rank you will be granted access to the Moderator Control Panel(MCP) and Administration Control Panel(ACP)(If Required). Please understand that you may not be given access to this group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Forum powers and acknowledge that you understand the forum rules: YES 

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

I'm not much of a big voice but I think it's important that I still say this.

You're an amazing dude, often really friendly and write pretty formally. The only thing is, I haven't personally seen you post a lot, or help identify problems in posts. But of course, that's not what proves your worth of this position. Just remember to stay friendly. I've only heard that you can be toxic some times but I personally haven't seen it.

You're already a Moderator of the server and the CO of Delta. That's a lot of responsibility, but if you're ready to take on more, then go for it. You have my support. Good luck! 🙂

+1

• Agree 1