Lazabeam 2

Little Bird Attack Heli nerf

Posted (edited)

Suggestion Name:

Attack Heli Nerf

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):

Something, IDK what

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

This suggestion goes further than the 'Oh, ThIs HaS bIg Hp ThErEfoRe UnBalAncEd.' This is in reference the the rules regarding the ROE on the Attack heli's of both factions. Imagine a US Humvee driving down a road on homemap, it doesn't matter where, but there is a taliban attack heli overhead. This attack heli may rain hell, destroying the tires of this car in a single shot and allowing for the car to be turned to an overglorified rock in about 2 rockets.

Now imagine those roles swapped, it wasn't a littlebird, it was a venom overhead & a taliban (civilian) in the car, there would be no firing, no shots allowed & nothing could be done.

Honestly, I'm not sure what should be done, but something must, you consistently see Al-Shabaab received undeserved bounties when SAS of equal skill, don't have any targets, as any taliban with half a brain will swap to hands & in turn, can't be killed.

Edited by Lazabeam 2
  • Disagree 5
  • Clown 1
  • Dumb 1

Posted (edited)

The AH-6 doesn't need a nerf. Reason being is it rewards skill. US has a better helicopter in many ways, but it can also be reversed. 
Majority of times, Al-Shabaab has good pilots while SAS lacks good pilots. Of course, this is neither sides fault and more so the player's preferences. While Taliban have multiple ways of being better than US, US also have multiple ways of being better than taliban. It is fairly balanced.

I'd also like to mention that Al-Shabaab has 4 competent pilots, being Ashley, Pingas (Rocco Siffredi), Jakob and Russ. US have Carlen and Lucifer Morningstar. 

Edited by Zamels

US have not many competent pilots, You do realise that every other attack heli has way more health than the ah6? For example today 4 us just incinerated an ah6 during a raid. A venom and krok need more than that.

-1 there isn't a reason.

• Agree 1

No.
There is no need for a nerf, the heli is fine as it stands and rewards people that know how to use their vehicle.
And of your other comment, a large amount of the people that collect high heli bounties are people like pingas, who knows his vehicle and has put countless hours into mastering his ability to use it, and when he switches over to US, has also got 30-40 kill bounties in the SAS heli.

The helis are fine, you just need to train your pilots to not suck

• Agree 1

Both helis haves it ups and down but they are fairly balanced atm, if they were any weaker they would be useless and any stronger they would be op. With the ROE u cant really do much with that unless there is a rule like if attack heli is above a civilian fear RP applies untill helicopter is out of sight or something like that. However there is nothing stopping u from going onto a warzone a shooting civs car.

"Honestly, I'm not sure what should be done, but something must, you consistently see Al-Shabaab received undeserved bounties when SAS of equal skill, don't have any targets, as any Taliban with half a brain will swap to hands & in turn, can't be killed."

yeah got to kind of disagree there, I've been back and forwards between the two regiments/factions for a while now, I actually get more kills in US / SAS than I would in Taliban, simply for the reason that its rare to even see US leaving the base. Taliban will always shoot at US helicopters making them KOSable, you could even just go between warzones (objectives/FOB) and get kills that way.

But being honest, the skill between SAS pilots and people who are Heli veterans like myself isn't a small distance, you say equal skill but when have you ever seen a tali pilot that's half decent crash into anything unless they are being greedy for low flyover strafing runs. Or SAS shooting down a Taliban helicopter?

I have personally only ever been shot down by US pilots a very small amount of times, it was usually cap doing that. Predicting rockets is a skill, and a very difficult one to learn at that as you have to account for travel time, which side of the Heli the rocket will fire from (sequential pods), how the other person flying will react to being attacked (erratic movements, flopping around like a fish etc.) all whilst controlling a helicopter. I'm not sure if you've ever flown one before, but its not that easy and most people cant even aim accurately with them without months upon months of practice

Its not easy to shoot cars you know? you need to get a direct impact on a very specific spot otherwise the rocket will just do no damage, like you literally have to hit the back portion of a Humvee near the rear tires to even do anything, it takes like 9-10 direct rocket hits to even destroy a car (rocket count is only 14) 

Getting a high bounty in a helicopter is an art, and isn't done over a small period of time. sometimes it could take an hour just to build up to 30 kills. you got to remember that the HP of the little bird basically means it can take about 60-80 bullets before just instantly exploding. which is absolutely nothing when compared to cars or similar vehicles which have HP pools as high as 1500-2500 (with damage reduction from bullets). This makes it that you either have to ditch the Heli and try to para away safely whilst being shot at, or kill them faster than they can kill you.

"Now imagine those roles swapped, it wasn't a littlebird, it was a venom overhead & a Taliban (civilian) in the car, there would be no firing, no shots allowed & nothing could be done."

Civilian rules have always been an integral part of the roleplay on the server, US in real life wouldn't just randomly bomb a civilian car and go yee haw would they? (NGL they probably would in the middle east since they are cowboys). with the new addition of the neutral time random event, this isn't even really an issue as US just leave during neutral time - which means you cant just shoot them with rockets.

@Lazabeam 2, I hope I've covered most of your points here but if you have any questions regarding what I've stated feel free to ask. Im not sure if you've ever been in a pilot regiment before but understand that most people will leave the regiments due to feeling that the helicopters are underpowered, simply ask any SAS officer on their opinions of the venom and you will see what i mean. (Venom has more HP than littlebird by the way)

Regards,

Pingas

• Agree 4

Pingas is 100% correct even I am still learning to actually predict rockets. I'll head over to SAS one day, but I get where you are coming from but nerfing the AH6 would be either causing Taliban to not be balanced or it would cause no one to fly from Taliban. If anything the ah6 needs a buff, it's less accurate than the venom, has less seats, pretty sure has less rockets, less health. Only advantage is the size really.

• Agree 1