Jack-0ff

Jack-Off's Mod App

Important Notes

• All applications must be formal if you don't take your application seriously you risk being denied on the spot.
  • Putting an appropriate amount of time and effort into your application is expected. Applications can take up-to or more than 2 weeks to be decided upon. Please be patient.
  • We know your application is there, we have not forgotten about it.
  • If your application gets denied, please don't be discouraged. Take the feedback, improve, and try again at a later date.
  • If your application gets denied, please wait at least* 2 weeks before re-applying. It's not mandatory to wait longer, but it is strongly recommended. Take this time to use feedback properly so that you can be better suited for the position.

Prerequisites

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community.
  • You must have at least 60 active hours within the past month on the server.
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed.
  • You must understand the chain of command.
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community.
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing.
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank.
  • As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events.
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and RP.
  • You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community.

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89157235 

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138580198/

Current In-Game Alias (Rank & Name): AUS 1LT Jack-Off

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Jack-Off

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: Nope

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Nope

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (provide gametracker link/s): https://www.gametracker.com/player/Jack-0ff/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Semi yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 6-7

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes i am.

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes i do

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yep

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes i do

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No bans 2 warns.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: Everyday dont post alot but i lurk like a seedy guy.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & Rules (#get-verified Channel): Yes

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay? (minimum 100 words): I believe that i should be accept because i really want to become a larger part of the community by being able to help people when they have issues on the server. While i'm in AUS i try to mingle with all the players on the server being a friend to US or to balance REPS and joining TALI and i'm always willing to help a new INT or PVT when they ahve questions about anything and give them tidbits of information about how to go around and get XP. If i ever needed on downtime to supervise a training i always make sure im available to TALI or US so new players who join late still have someone to train them.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I believe i am a very good 'team player' in which i always join in on raids on any faction trying to organise them so everyone has something to do. I also make sure allies are always aware of when a event like bomb is active and try to work as a team to get everyone there to defend OBJ.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: Not really, i think i just try and be nice and friendly to everyone i meet.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: I'm a very level headed person when it comes to life and gaming, when i make a mistake i own up to it because i believe if you don't learn from your actions you will just keep screwing things up. I think that im a very approachable person who is willing to hear what anyone has to say or to give a welcoming hello and guidance to any new player.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A player with an attack heli has intentionally fired in front of the enemy base gates to kill someone with a bounty, but also killing players inside the base. A ticket is made by one of these bystanders and the attacker denies all the accusations saying it was an accident saying that there was no proof

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 80 words)?

My first step would be to pull the person who made the ticket to a sit and get them to explain what happened and if they have any evidence like recordings or screenshots of what happened while also checking Mod Logs to gather all the evidence i can, if they was any witnesses i would also get their sides aswell. I would then bring the accused to sit and get him to explain his/her side of the story and if i believed they had unintentionally MRDM'd i would give them a warn and tell them to be more careful next time.

Scenario 2: A Chief/Officer has been caught spawning in props to prop climb a wall despite previous warnings from staff for doing similar things. You tell him to stop but a few hours later another staff member catches him doing it.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 80 words)? The time that i catch him i would give him another warning and warning him it was his final chance aswell as speaking to his SO if they are online, when he does it again and gets caught by another admin i would ask to join the sit and explain to my fellow staff member that i had caught him earlier and given him a final warning and this time while getting the approval of the fellow staff i would demote him from officer rank so he could not q abuse any more.

Scenario 3: A Player is running around on the server and RDMing constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 3: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 100 words)? I would immediately bring them to sit and freeze and look at the logs for this person to see how many warns he/she has aswell as seeing how many people they have RDM'd then i  explain to them that this isn't their first Warn for RDM and that they have repetitively ignored staff members about RDM'ing and still do the offences  anyway so i would give them the appropriate ban lenghth needed and tell them that if they think they have learned from their mistakes that they can go onto the forums and write out a ban appeal. The next day or in admin discord i would ask a higher up if they think that the accused deserved a longer ban length.

Scenario 4: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 4: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 100 words)? I would bring the accused to a sit and freeze them and hear out their side of the story aswell has the person who made the ticket in the first place, the next step would be to also check the !warns and logs to see how many times this has occured in the last few weeks, i would then make my decision to ban them for the apprioprate amount of time explaining to them that they have been on a downward spiral of breaking the rules and while they have been a good member of the community in the past that doesn't mean they can break the rules and get away with it and maybe a amount of time away from the server could cool whatever issue they are having with the server down. I would then tell them they  can always appeal on forums if they believe the ban is unfair .

Thanks For reading everyone i hope you believe like i that i can become a good Mod for everyone on the server !

• Agree 3

+1

I've seen jack around quite a bit and he is doing an amazing job at running part of AUS, and is always trying to assist in a situation if it arises.

Your answers are really good with lots of detail.

Good luck with your application Jack
Hubert

+1, not only is this man a great officer in aus but he is very mature, knows the rules and I believe he can enforce them as a staff member

I still don't understand why you guys copy the top part of the template 😐

+1 I reckon you can do good.

• Clown 1

+1 Jack is, Mature, As respectful as a member of the CG Community can be, active and a absolute legend dont think i have to explain why the plus 1. Good answers to the questions and what harm could it do, give this mans a go 

+1 has been a great asset to AUS and would be a great asset to the staff team

• Agree 1

ACCEPTED
Congrats, your training will begin once you're on the server.