Sign in to follow this  
Valk

Valk's Discord Admin Application (Suprising Ikr)

Posted (edited)

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:173759219

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198307784167/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g. General Crudes): Valk ISIS Breacher / Well Known PVPER

Discord ID (E.g. name#2003): Discord Name: ✝ Vhalq ✝#2620, 

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: I have been Ex-Staff (Event Master) as well as an officer in CG overall.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Nope

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Ultimate/RDL ISIS Breacher

Are you familiar with Discord permissions and settings?: I am very familiar with Discord and it’s perm's as well as creating bots, scripts, text channels and server ideas.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 9-10, I'm pretty well known from my past as well as my activity in CG overall I've been doing my duty to be more respectful and by doing so I pledge to do and try my best.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the rules to the best of your ability?: I enforce the rules on the server when needed, although I sometimes have broken rules its most likely mistakes and I've learnt from most of them, If I am given a chance I will improve (learning curve)

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: I understand and will not abuse or use my power to harm or deny/destruct the server in anyway.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with people?: I have a microphone, yes.

Do you agree not to annoy any event staff while they are hosting events?: I will not, as I know its very annoying I try my best  to give them critical feedback to help when needed but also respect their privacy and mindset.

Rank Agreement

How often do you use the Discord server?: I'm on the discord server 24/7 everyday, there and helping people if need be and always chatting with members past and present.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord rank that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this server role instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord rules: I fully understand my power and position and will 100% not abuse or use my power in any harmful way.

Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become a Discord Administrator?: I not only want to help CG overall but help the community in discord by helping new players (helpdesk and suggestions) and monitor and help the community to not only grow but be there for players who need it the most. I will be active 24/7 on the forums as well as the discord server and will respond with my upmost attention and honest opinions I have to offer. Becoming a Discord Admin comes with big responsibility and I have taken this into consideration not only will I do my best to update discord suggestions and issues but will also be creative with new and informative ideas that could not only help new players but improve the discord overall. Becoming a Discord Admin, I abide my all the rules and services and will do my best to help new, past, present and emerging players coming to the Colossal Gaming Community.

In One Paragraph, please describe how you would make an impact on the Discord server as an Administrator?: I currently have been using discord for quite some time and have developed a big and thorough understanding of not only the discord servers and regulations but the commands and bots/server settings overall. I can use this to my advantage to help benefit the server and CG community, adding onto this my knowledge within Discord not only in CG but with my creative ideas and suggestions for CG including nerfs, buffs, weapon changes, map ideas, and event ideas as well will help to improve the system in the discord. Not only will I be active in the discord and there for players emerging but I will be able to give my formative and formal opinion on topics that could be critical for the community and server.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A User has been mic-spamming distorted/loud music in all of the public channels. They have since disconnected and you were only notified 20 minutes after the incident occurred.

Question 1: As a Discord Administrator, how do you react?: Mic-spamming or distortions in the discord is not tolerated, It not only hurts members in the discord and is annoying but isn't needed. First I would try to gain some evidence and insight from the victim who is reporting the supposed "mic-spam" if recordings are provided I will give them a warning and if they continue to do so I will mute them for an hour.

Scenario 2: A User has been waiting in the HELPDESK channel for over an hour and a half. You join the help-desk channel to assist them and you discover they are quite agitated by your slow response.

Question 2: As a Discord Administrator, how do you react?: I would first apologize on not only my behalf but being slow in general, not only do CG members deserve respect and our time for help in the discord server but deserve to be helped right away. Secondly I would help them solve their issue just like any normal help-desk suggestion or voice call would go and will give them the best help that I can give for the inconvenience. 

Edited by Valk
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly 1
  • King 1

Posted (edited)

+1 HES A LEGEND AND WE ALL KNOW IT

Edited by rallycat05
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 I think he deserves it and I personally think he can up his maturity by being a discord admin 

Edited by Bizza
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 where do i begin...

he's an absolute legend and would be an asset to the team

someone who is smart and knows how to conduct himself without any personal biases or his own personal stupidity

❤️

• Friendly 1

We've had our ups and downs, but despite that...

I do have to admit, when he is calm and sensible, he enforces rules. He knows the discord rules fairly well, and still enforces it on players even known he isn't staff.

+1

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Big +1 Valk is very trustworthy guy and overall an absolute legend and when he takes matter into his hands, he does it the best way possible without breaking the rules.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 Always enforces rules and is an absolute mad lad <3

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 still waiting for the day we fight in a parking lot somewhere

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

+1  Although valk can be a bit irresponsible sometimes but I think this position would be perfect for him.  Valk has a good understanding of the rules and how to enforce them. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1    Pretty good character development that has happened here. He has finally proven to be responsible and mature. I think he is now worthy of discord administrator. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1  i think he deserves a shot at it 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna be honest with this one, as much as i'd love to +1, there are a few things leaning towards my -1 on this one

Since you've come back to the server;
 you lost your respected due to toxicity and exploting.
The toxicity kept getting worse and worse, every sit i'd bring you too it'd start with you saying "just perm ban me"

You went into ISIS Discord complaining about the choice that views and I made about your respected, and him doing a misclick on a day ban.
You were doing good for a little bit, then some beef went down with a fellow player and yourself, which you tried to "scare" him away with an IP Grabber to the point higher staff had to step in on that situation.

While I do see change in you possible, it just does not happen like that. It takes more time than most things. I do see you helping out in the discord, but you should work on yourself before trying to take on a position like this. I truely do believe in you to change but with behavior like this within the last month, I truely do not think you are ready. We also have enough discord admins at this current time.
Message me so you can know what you can improve on.

this isn’t a +1 or -1 btw

image.png

image.png

Edited by Snake
spelling lol
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Snake said:

I'm gonna be honest with this one, as much as i'd love to +1, there are a few things leaning towards my -1 on this one

The toxicity kept getting worse and worse, every sit i'd bring you too it'd start with you saying "just perm ban me"

You went into ISIS Discord complaining about the choice that views and I made about your respected, and him doing a misclick on a day ban.
You were doing good for a little bit, then some beef went down with a fellow player and yourself, which you tried to "scare" him away with an IP Grabber to the point higher staff had to step in on that situation.

While I do see change in you possible, it just does not happen like that. It takes more time than most things. I do see you helping out in the discord, but you should work on yourself before trying to take on a position like this. I truely do believe in you to change but with behavior like this within the last month, I truely do not think you are ready. We also have enough discord admins at this current time.

image.png

image.png

First of all I said this due to reasons,  staff when it comes to things, and many people may have a bad opinion on you or views, I try to keep my opinion down but when somebody makes a mistake and bans me permanently who wouldn't call it out like wtf. Not only that but I say perm ban me because the decisions you make in your sits are obserd and uncalled for. I will always respect you and other Snake and I respect your decision, I will work on the feedback and I appreciate you.

14 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar(pro) said:

-1 his mingey player and not mature enough

Acknowledged, you've never seen me actually try thats why maybe stick around me more and you'll see I'm not mingey at all actually you have the wrong impression and opinion on me from others I respect your decision and will try my best, I have been.

Edited by Valk
  • Agree 1

+1 

Great person, would be a great staff for discord 

• Agree 2

On 3/11/2021 at 8:23 AM, Snake said:

this isn’t a +1 or -1 btw

image.png

image.png

technically this happend in the past you know he didint mean this u know everyone gets frustrated u know 

1+ he will do a very fine job as a Discord ADMIN u know he is good man

• Agree 2

+1 
Valk is a gangster what else needs to be said
I feel he will fit this position and help the community greatly

• Friendly 1

Denied

Would like for you to work on your impressions with my staff before reapplying

Feel free to reapply in 2 weeks

• Agree 1