Posted (edited)

CG-Header-Banner.png.0dd214ea07a0f79dbf22c068ddef28d9.png
Zamels' Event Master Application

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:126305394

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/edjasdhkek

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): RU SPC Zamels

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Zamels

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: Not currently, no.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: N/A

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof): Over 600 hours spread over multiple gametracker names, specifically names that have the last name 'Zamels' https://www.gametracker.com/player/Chelsea Zamels/139.99.185.81:27015/ https://www.gametracker.com/player/Ashaboi/139.99.185.81:27015/ https://www.gametracker.com/player/Boi/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: I know a fair amount of commands, but need a refresh.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 8/10

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Of course.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree): Yes

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?: I was previously an event master (Not a good one, as I didn't know what I was doing, [I do now] ), assisting with setup and played as multiple characters in events 

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?: I've noticed the lack of quality in events, and a lack of fairness. I also wanted to give it a retry after my last failed attempt.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: Somewhat confident if I have a script.

Discord Agreement

How often do you use the Discord server?: I do often use the regi discord and am active in discord in general. 

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes.

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP: As I said previously, the quality and fairness of events have decreased and need a bit of a touch up, which I wish to help fix. I also have a fair amount of ideas for late night events, and some newer ideas for daily events.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?: I will sometimes take inspiration off others, implement them into my own and attempt to make it fun for both sides. I always love getting ideas from others or giving ideas for others and would love to show my creativity. I could do a little bit of research of real life wars and implement some ideas in. Like Gallipoli, when soldiers were deployed and pretty much shot down instantly. Taliban would have a 30 second head start to prepare and get into position and the US forces would swim through the water to get to the beach with props and such around on the beach. The map I would use would be Palm Bay due to it's beaches.
Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?:

3 Point Event

Call both sides to debrief (@@@ BOTH SIDES TO BRIEFING)

Change to RP character.

Brief both sides

@@@ Prepare for map change

Change map

Set up map props and OBJs.

Brief again for late comers

@@@ Prepare to move out

@@@ Move out and set a timer (!timer create 15 3PC)

After ? win, announce it (@@@ US/Taliban +Allies win!)

Part 2 

KOTH

Change map for part 2

Set up props and OBJ

Brief both sides

@@@ Prepare to move out

@@@ Move out and timer

After ? win, announce it (@@@ US/Taliban + Allies win!)

Change map to home base

Debrief both sides.
Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it. 

Question 1: As an Event Master, how do you react?

I'd ask a few users on both sides a few suggestions if they feel it is unfair or not fun. Depending on some answers, it may be changed. I could add a juggernaut, some support or some other things. Otherwise, I could ask staff to supervise important areas such as spawns, OBJs and chokepoints to report if anything looks, feels or seems unfair.

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

I'd find the most active EM or Staff and ask them if they can run it. I'd them tell them how it goes down and let them handle it when I ensure they know what they're doing and don't have any questions. If they do, answer any questions and if players feel it's 1 sided, I should tell them what they should do to make it fair. I'd possibly also give them the written plan if I had one and also leave them in charge until I am able to return.

Event Crafting

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nqd-RhhhAUT3nEDSSFwXOWjoLeS8FjAjmFi7Ay1Hzhs/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Zamels
Removed Pre-Requisites
  • Agree 1
  • King 1

Posted (edited)

+1

Zamels has been apart of the community for a while now (training Mr UN leader man Ross)  so in his time he’s seen the events. Your event crafting is pretty good and if accepted I’ll be happy to play them and help out 

Edited by Snake
lol spelling
  • Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1 zamels is a great guy and has prior experience but link ur game tracker please x

Edited by midday
  • Disagree 2
  • Friendly 1

You don't need the pre requisites btw, app looks good tho and so does the crafting.

+1

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

Neutral

Not only due to previous relations and incidents with this fellow named Zamels, he can come off as a cool guy but despite the issues and immaturity from him he wouldn't be fit for the role. Despite our ups and downs this bloke really does have potential just needs to work on some things and aspects in the community and server overall.

To also add onto this he's broken several regular rules on the server in which he seems to not care about at all (which can be fixed by learning from mistakes and taking criticizing information from other staff to gain more knowledge about the staff aspect and team in CG).

Best pvper on cg - Valk

❤️

Edited by Valk
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

-1 Going to have to agree with Valk on this one

My previous experiences with you have been far from pleasant and I get the feeling that you would not be suited to the role of event master due to what seems like a short temper/you becoming frustrated easily, in what is quite a demanding and sometimes stressful role.

Best of luck in your application nonetheless - there's always room for improvement.

• Agree 1
  • Cap 1

-1/Neutral

I am conflicted. Your event ideas are OK. Not the best I have seen, but they suffice for CG standards I guess.

However, your attitude and behavior when interacting with members of the community hardly shows that of a staff member. You have consistently broken rules which you then turn around and berate others for doing the same. You have been openly venomous towards myself and other people who disagree with you when it comes to your behavior. I was originally going to neutral this application, because I thought that these experiences were personal, and isolated towards myself. But now that I see this is an attitude you bring to other members of the community, I lean now towards a -1. Good luck regardless.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Application Denied
You are able to reapply in 2 weeks.