Sign in to follow this  
Asatru

Asatru's Event Master Application

Pretty much I still want to enjoy playing the server while also helping events.  So if I am accepted expect that once I have done my minimum events per week I will only help events if it interests me.
I don't want to pretend to be AFK or go play another game when I don't feel like running or helping an event when I've already done 3-4 in that week.
If this is not acceptable please contact me to discuss any issues.  Otherwise deny my application.
General

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:0:32327624

Steam Community Profile Page Link: 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/SouthernAsatru/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): 

ﷲAsatruايشور

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston):

Asatru

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:

No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:

No

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof) 

I have the most time out of anyone

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/139.99.185.81:27015/top_players/?sort=2&order=DESC

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? :

Respected

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:

Yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?:

6-9

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?:

yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?:

Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times:

Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:

No, no warning either.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree):

Yes

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?:

I have run months worth of events and organized 2 operations.

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?:

Not being bored waiting for the event to start.  Running unique game modes and RP is fun.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?:

yes

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:

Whenever I'm in-game.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord Rules (#get-verified Channel):

Yes

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP:

I always enjoyed running events from late 2018 to late 2020.  It's a lot more entertaining running or assisting in event set up.  Since I came back from my break I have seen ups and downs in the events.  Unfortunately as a guest the same problems are constantly in my face but it's difficult for my to help fix them without staff perms.  A lot of the event team and staff team are capable and take suggestions I give in admin chat well but it would be nice to just do it myself. 

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?:

I have shown through many events that I can think up unique event ideas and RP that work on Colossal Gaming MilRP.  My general formula for running an event is 1 part unique 1 part standard.  I often prefer to run a unique match first as I prefer not to interfere with the RP with support.  However, it is easy to fix spawn camping issues without ruining that RP.  Sometimes it's hard to depend on the teams help with set up when explaining what I envision in my head takes longer than set up timer.  So it's best to get the hard part out of the way cause I may have to build very quickly while communicating adlib DB ideas.  The second part is often standard but not always.  The main reason is so that myself and the team know what we are doing with a KOTH, 3PC, reinforcements match so it can be executed cleanly.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?:|

xtimehour.15

@@@ Reputation changes are underway

@@@ Report to allied main factions briefing

Give briefing

@@@ Prepare for map change

(check if staff are good to map change)

ulx maps, select the map, force map change

While map changes brief the team on what we are doing

!timer create 7 set up

do spawns, objectives, cover

get briefings done

@@@ Prepare to move out

@@@ Move out

Survey event for adjustments or support

@@@ New Zealand wins!

(check if staff are good to map change)

ulx maps, select the map, force map change

While map changes brief the team on what we are doing

!timer create 7 set up

do spawns, objectives, cover

get briefings done

@@@ Prepare to move out

@@@ Move out

Survey event for adjustments or support

@@@ New Zealand wins!

@@@ Levels Given

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react?

Read the comments find a solution and fix it.  Even if players are being dumb and saying stuff like "// this event is shit" I can still use that to find out why they think it's shit.  Maybe they don't know what to do, they are spawn camped, they need vehicles, etc.

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

Get someone to finish it by messaging staff.  Or tsay an apology such as @@ Sorry I have an emergency.  Staff will resolve the event ending early ASAP.  Prepare for map change

Event Crafting:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_jbQCCBXvxAqCVc4QOVf0ICNQRMTV4OeG0ndiWIoaU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Asatru
  • Agree 2

+1

Asatru is extremely mature as he has been extremely high staff positions before. I do not doubt his capabilities to be a good EM

fat +1

Asatru was head admin so he should know how things work. Also good event crafting.

Can this one be waited on too?

+1 surely let him be em 

+1 topp bloke would be fit for the position

anyone willing to put themselves through EMing should just be accepted on that basis

+1. Great addition to the team, knows what to do, prolly more then the current EM's ;/

Just a thought, "new zealand wins" is just plain failRP. In the best way possible Australia would crush New Zealand in any fight (apart from maybe rugby) and the fact that it is there makes me think that you are unsure on RP. Other then that +1 lol

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

(apart from maybe rugby)

Damn straight.  Glad you read the application I left a few jokes here and there to make it worth glancing over

So when do you start and how much?
+1

seriously, asatru's been like everything on the staff team if he doesn't know how to do something no one knows.

+1,  Yes, he would be a great and welcome addition to the staff team.

+1 

Would be a great addition to the EM Team. Helped me start out when I was first going up the ranks in delta. Very mature. The 1 part unique and the 1 part standard seems like it could be a great idea. Responses seem very detailed. The Event Crafting looks like a very interesting event that looks like it would be fun.

Application Denied
Feel free to reapply in 2 weeks.

• Disagree 1
  • Friendly 3
  • Clown 1