Sign in to follow this  
Valk

Rez's New Updated Ban Appeal

• Ban Appeal Template:
    	SteamID:STEAM_0:1:173759219

In-game alias/rank: DVT ISIS Surgeon (Taliban)

Who banned you?: Ross

Ban Reason: MRDM - 1 Week Running over players

Ban Duration (Initial/Remaining): 1 Week

What happened?: Coming back after the 5:15 I was delighted to join back on the server and go kill some US, In doing so I had already racked up a few kills (8 kill bounty) in doing so I had just recently killed Crane a Sec-Ops. Recently after that kill I had jumped into a UN car with a NTS of Taliban Army Medics named Briggz, both me and him were both in the UN car and I proceeded to rack up a few more kills when I spotted and came across 1 PLA (Sleepy), A UN by the name of Adam Walker, Sec-Ops Captain (Ranger), and my own teammate Dark who is a prophet for Al-Shabab. All of these blokes were talking to each other bundled up near the little checkpoint area outside of US Base or close to outside of it, my intent for this action was to hop in the UN Car and run over the US and by doing this I voice yelled into voice chat saying move to the other neutrals and teammates nearby, my action was also provoked by the Taliban in the car mentioned before who proceeded to egg me on to say "run them over, do it" as I proceeded to not at full speed but go into them and kill the US, but unfortunately doing so I also killed the 3 others as well. I was then taken into a sit by an Admin on the server named Ross (General of the UN) and was explained that I killed 3 neutrals outside the US Base and is not tolerated and that he asked views and with proof I would be banned for 1 week for MRDM - running over other players - 1 week.

Although this ban was given out to me, I decided to follow it up with views and explain to him that technically it was crossfire and my intent was not to kill any of my allies or neutrals but to kill the US and get my bounty up even higher for kill wise and for money. Views even then contacted Ian and asked him if It was crossfire or not and Ian replied with "The situation of which occured is not crossfire." I am appealing for my ban as I would like for this to be reviewed and taken into consideration that the given ban was a bit iffy in the sense that I had no intent to kill any allies or neutrals but still was given a punishment of a 1 week MRDM ban. To furthermore move onto my point I would also like to say that I was racking up kills and my bounty before all of this happened killing Crane from Sec-Ops sniping US leaving base and even punishing US coming to FOB, I had no intent to rule break or be toxic toward any staff member or player on the server but to enjoy my stay here on the server and be respectful.

Why should we unban you?: I believe you should unban me because it was an iffy ban, Views has done his job well and not only well but very professionally but I would still like for my appeal to be looked at and reviewed and taken into consideration for the information I have provided above, thank you.

Evidence in your favor (Optional): Players Involved, Sleepy (Bejing SF PLA), Adam Walker (UN Member), Dark (Prophet Al-Shabab), Ranger (US Sec-Ops Captain)

evidence.PNG.87bb1967a4a9a3f05097f5f0ff32f920.PNG

Edited by Valk
  • Agree 1
  • King 1

+1 it was pretty dumb idk why it was a week ban there was absolutely 0 malicious intent 

ian pls fix

or canoon if ur still out there somewhere

• Agree 2

+1 as stated by someone on the last appeal, it's disappointing to see someone like Views who has been high staff positions for ages giving out bullshit punishments. It was not MassRDM, he was driving and attempted to KILL the ENEMY, which is the GOAL of MILITARY ROLEPLAY.

Accidents happen. There are people who have MassRDM'd DB with Jihad bombs and gotten their ban appeal accepted and their rank reinstated, however when someone accidentally runs over 2 neutrals and kills 1 enemy he gets banned for a week and his appeal is denied? We seriously need to stop with the double standards. Valk has been targetted by staff for a while now, copping a perm ban by Views for 'encouraging players to break rules' and then he changed his mind after realising how unfair it is.

I honestly don't even know how Ross is still staff. He constantly makes shitty decisions and acts like an egg to put it politely. Judging from his gametracker he doesn't care enough to get on the server either. - In my opinion this should develop into a staff report situation, however I doubt that'd do much good due to the current state of the Head Admin and his close-minded views (pun not intended) towards certain players of the community.

The ban should not have occured, not even a warn should have occurred. At the most, a verbal warning should suffice.

Edited by midday
  • Agree 2
  • King 2

+1 I agree with the statement above he should be unbanned aye fullstop g

• Agree 2

+1
I've read through this, this (in my opinion) shouldn't have been a ban, I've ran neutrals over with the UN car before as its very clunky and has tank controls, its easy mistake to make, and if everyone apologises it really shouldn't have been an issue.

Also no clue what crack senior staff is smoking but crossfire is defined as the action of intending to kill an enemy and accidentally killing a friendly or neutral

(While I was not involved I'm gonna draw a very rough sketch of how this can happen)image.png.9e8159222038bb8d48a4bb6149866e21.png

• Agree 3

+1 This server used to be so relaxed and incidents like this; no one cared about. Its sad to see people getting banned for shit like this at the end of the day its a gmod server not a fucking fivem or arma 3 server.

Edited by Reapara
  • King 3

You’re reapply after the ban appeal got denied? Sit out the week, it was a massie. And with prior behaviour upto this point, a week off won’t hurt you 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clown 2
  • Dumb 1

4 hours ago, Snake said:

You’re reapply after the ban appeal got denied? Sit out the week, it was a massie. And with prior behaviour upto this point, a week off won’t hurt you 

Yes I reapplied because I got told too, and my recent behavior due to it is no where near your concern, a week off wont hurt yes, but It was unjustified In my opinion and should still be reviewed regardless.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Valk said:

Yes I reapplied because I got told too, and my recent behavior due to it is no where near your concern, a week off wont hurt yes, but It was unjustified In my opinion and should still be reviewed regardless.

Not really unjustified. You pulled a massie, and the first one got denied. Why re-apply again? who told you too?

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not really unjustified. You pulled a massie, and the first one got denied. Why re-apply again? who told you too?

I can re-apply if I want, mate, It was technically not a massie the rule like I said was iffy, I'm leaving it up to be reviewed by a Senior+

• Agree 3

ACCEPTED 
Your ban will be reduced, I'll message you on discord and explain a bit more information 

• King 1