Asatru

Taliban and US - RP change

Trial having US and Taliban as neutral by default

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):
Faction RP

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):
IRL the ROE between US and terrorist forces hasn't always been KOS.  You can find a lot of footage and information on how US would openly patrol around Al-Qaeda soldiers that openly held weapons.  A lot of the conflict happened when there was issues or a reason to fight.
Aside from realism (which tbh isn't that important gameplay is more important) it would mean that fights only commonly happen in warzones.
It would give US more freedom to leave the base and give Taliban less chances of accidentally solo raiding when trying to PVP cause they can lurk at warzones.  Personally I dislike having the fight US in there base for the main reason being that half the time I can't really tell which one shot me or at me so I just pray they I don't solo raid some unsuspecting US who was just chilling in the tower.
This could have major positive impacts on both US and Taliban game play.   Passive type RP is no longer constantly at threat to a kill hungry Taliban and both factions make more money and xp fighting over warzones.

US and Taliban will still be able to declare enemy and will never be allowed to ally.

Edited by Asatru
  • Agree 5

+1

It would allow the US to leave their base, getting rid of the huge warzone at US checkpoint and making the whole map more lively.

It would spice up gameplay and roleplay.

Just give it a test run of 1-2 weeks and see how it goes.

+1

It's a trial anyways, and I could see a big potential with this. There will no longer be constant CrowRP and US will be encouraged to go out and capture points w/o the fear of being killed halfway through. Like what Asatru said, it will drive the fights to the warzones instead of the checkpoints. Lastly, it will limit the constant camping of Talibans that prevents US from moving out.

What I don't want to see is Talibans chiefs or US officers defaulting to enemy status everytime.

+1
As former US officer of 75th and currently taliban boy I can say with both these views its a good idea, it has the chance to improve player to player interaction, raise the amount of RP done as US fear being shot less and is overall a good idea.

obviously we would have to trial it to make sure and iron some bugs out

Neutral 

While i think this would be an interesting and fun idea i personally would make it so its only at certain parts of the day. Like from 2:15 - 5:15 or something like this. it would make it so while US and Taliban are still enemy from the main time frame from 5:15 - 8:15 it changes the game style after.

something like that idk

• Dumb 1

big +1

great idea to freshen up home map PvP and takes away the 'oh but we just get sniped when we leave base' argument and would likely help to boost home map participation

To be fair, when a faction enemies Taliban, or the Taliban enemies a faction, they stay enemied perm.  Only if a chief or officer decided to call neutral after 20 minutes, or a neutral is negotiated would they not be enemied.
Or maybe instead of default neutral we stay default enemy but chief and officers can call neutral.

Huge +1
This might change how US act now because you barely see any US going out of base but rather sitting in those towers and just doing absolutely nothing. It could change up or add more PVP and I don't have to hear those "We can't leave base our we get sniped."

Edited by Shalashaska

+1

This should 100% be something on the server. Most of the time fighting us happens when they're on the wall or in their checkpoint. It would be more fun if this was added. 

Waiting for US to leave their base is super boring and really annoying.

Everyone's already put what I wanted to say on this much better than I could've.

+1

• Agree 1

Accepted. It will be developed as being on an independent timer to happen for periods of time each day to begin with. The idea is still being scoped.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 4