Sign in to follow this  
Asatru

Discord Managment

Ensure that the Colossal Gaming discord remains convenient and enjoyable to use

Since the WW3 update came out in March 2020 the Colossal Gaming discord has had a large influx in users.  This is largely due to regiments closing their discords and migrating to the sole use of the CG discord.  Even now some regiments have made discords for logging purposes but the Colossal Gaming discord remains the main hub of communication between players.  A lot of us believed in the promises and set up of the colossal gaming discord to stay focused on benefiting player usage not the colossal gaming discord focused on moderation and limitations.

There has been a lot of issues between players and discord staff mostly due to unfair decisions by discord management.  I'm going to try stay in chronological order so if the issue seems minor it's because of the date that I remember it happening,  They are as follows:

• Emoji reacts are removed from general chat.
    I believe this was done due to a small group of idiots using racial emojis.  This should be moderated by punishing the individuals not limiting the enjoyment of all of us.  We can all still react in other channels, so once the minges were dealt with the problem was resolved yet the issue of no reacts in general remains.  This also seems illogical because Emoji's themselves can still be posted just not reacted.  I understand logs may not show who originally posted the emoji react but it's not like they won't be caught.
  • UwU is auto banned/filtered by the bot.  To me this just seems disrespectful as it is obviously aimed at members of the furry community in Colossal Gaming.  This is encouraging users to be disrespectful to members based on their sexual orientation which is a violation of the discord community guidelines.
    I recall someone justifying the banned word by saying it is used for flirting.  However, there are many users who 'flirt' in general chat including staff and discord admins so this is obviously not the reaon.

• The kind of reasoning below is just not fair for obvious reasons this should not be the mentality of management nor staff.image.thumb.png.e5bcdd05598f576ac34d9421bb46dc02.png
  • Videos, images, GIFs etc can no longer be posted in general.
    general chat is supposed to be used by the community.  IF chat is moving fast but isn't spam then why moderate it, it's a good thing CG players are having a laugh together. I understand that if some players were posting inappropriate content you would mute or ban them but why would you punish all the players.  Obviously it's because of the attitude of "if people abuse them for the wrong reason. everyone gets punnished".  However, as I said above that is just stupid.  
Edited by Asatru
  • Agree 5

damn war crimes aren't just in gmod rp???????
image.thumb.png.42403b133d7db1943c426198843bea02.png

• Dumb 1

Yes please change how it is run i am targetted for who I am

• Agree 1

+1 the Official Colossal Gaming Discord Server™ can be compared to that of the likes of Communist China

in all seriousness, this is just fucking dumb. Why the fuck can't we post images and videos in general chat? 

• Dumb 1

+1

I have to agree, the censorship on the discord is on par with that of 1940s Germany. The discord staff seem to hold complete power and borderline abuse it on people that they dont like, the times of mutes are far too long. Ontop of this the greatest issue with the discord is that most of the discord staff do not actually play CG nor even use the discord for anything more then abusing  supervising the members who actually do use the discord, for example 4 out of the 8 discord staff members do not even play CG anymore. As asatru said a large number of non-disrespectful terms have been auto removed which makes no sense like discord is made by furrys ffs.....i dont think OwO is banned by TOS. we fucking have channels named "ISIS" and "AL-QAEDA" and you can have roles that say "ISIS" and "AL-QAEDA" but a image in general chat or a monke meme are far out of line.

In short chill the fuck out with the rules and censorship its a discord server chill otherwise this is what the discord admins look like.

Asatru put it best when he said  "this should not be the mentality of management nor staff." 

Edited by Merlyn
  • Agree 1

+1 the discord rules and the way it is run is just so retarded sometimes and general chat should have greater interaction abilities because it just means meme chat becomes gen chat but with images sometimes not a chat for just memes

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

omgosh

i have a ridge wallet!!!

use code ezycool for 150% off your next ridge wallet!!!

Edited by Ezygle

I use straight ban people for days if people were being stupid. Closing features of general chat for like 10 minutes to cool down players I don’t mind, but a whole day is pushing it. 

You wouldn’t shut FOB down if a couple people abused it, so don’t be shutting down abilities of channels if some people are being stupid. You have mute/ban perms. Use them.

+1 

This is a concerning issue 

• Clown 1

Your concerns and suggestions have been reviewed and there will be some changes made to the discord.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 2
  • Cap 1