Sign in to follow this  
Asatru

Allow players to filter OOC

Suggestion Name: Allow players to filter OOC

Suggestion Type: chat

Reason:
Many players including myself do not enjoy playing the server when there is lots of toxic 
arguing or complaining in OOC.  A veteran staff member even made custom code to filter out players by steamID for this exact reason.  However, the average player obviously cannot do this themselves.  I believe this feature should only filter OOC, all other chat features tsay, pm, comms, etc should not be filtered. 

• Funny 2

I think he means for the individual player to filter it so it only doesn't show to themselves

• Agree 1

We could add it to client side mute in tab menu, which also needs to be fixed. It only has the effect of stop sound, if they release talk bind then press it again, you can hear them again.

+1

Allow me to explain why this is a good idea and no reason it shouldn't be added.

1.) Some players dislike having to watch OOC and most of us can understand, it gets annoying when you are attempting to chat to someone without a mic and jamie2006 is spamming "ooo ooh aaa aaah gorila mode" in OOC every 5 seconds

2.) Staff and EMs would most likely like to turn off their OOC in events, and ask players to use @ chat to give feedback, as some of you will or won't understand, when you are running an event OOC can be distracting or demoralizing 

3.) Some times its nice to turn off OOC, its like putting a hazmat on while in the zone - it reduces your intake of toxic material 

This has been added to the server. Locked.

• King 2