syn

Syn Unban Appeal, December, 2020

Ban Appeal Template:

SteamID: STEAM_0:0142448881

In-game alias/rank: syn (dpl I think)

Who banned you?:Pingas, Canoon

Ban Reason: Hacking

Ban Duration (Initial/Remaining): Permanent. 

What happened?:
I was caught using cheats that I was given to by a friend, I only used the cheat for a couple days following being sent them. (Pingas can confirm the duration was a few days of use). I used them during an event and got caught 
by Pingas and was banned by Canoon.

Why should we unban you?:
I want to come back to CG because I miss the community and I miss playing with the boys. I'm deeply sorry about using cheats on the server, and I understand how it effects the community and I also understand how it can demotivate people
and make events unplayable. I was banned close to 2 years ago, it was quite along time ago and I'm a changed person, which a lot of people will be surpised about.

I was unbanned from the discord last month when I made my appeal to try and integrate myself back into the community. I've been in and out of the discord daily playing other games with members of the community and making new friends as I've gone along.

There were issues in the past with me being toxic towards players, but it's different now. I've done a lot of maturing and gained better social skills and realised that some things are better off not said to people. The people that 
I used to play with that I was toxic with also don't play the server anymore, which is a key factor on why my behaviour will be improved. 

I'd like to quote and address some replies from my previous appeal from a month:

I was caught ban evading after wanting to play the server after making mulitple unban appeals but being unsuccessful. So I couldn't really resist since I heard their was a new update and wanted to try it out, my mates that still currently
played the server told me the update wasn't bad and I felt somewhat left out. I wasn't minging/breaking rules I just was caught using an old bind which I was quite known for back in the day which resulted in me being re-banned.

People might not believe me when I say this but I actually want to leave a positive impact on the server and the community, as i've failed to do in the past, if I can come
back I'll participate in RP, help where it's needed etc. It's been close to 2 years, and I'm willing to show everyone that I've changed. I just need the chance.

I appreicate you taking the time to read this message.

NOTE: 
I spoke to Pingas and have been talking to him and disussing with him my ban and things like that, and he said that he thinks I have a good chance of being unbanned with the change of my attitude towards the server and the community.

Serious replies only please ❤️ Happy holidays.

Edited by syn
  • Agree 8
  • King 1
  • Cap 1

Syn use to be a full blown retard, however my interactions with him over the pass couple months have been nothing but pleasant. It has come to my attention that Syn has made a change to his personality and finally matured. It's been a good two years and I don't see why he shouldn't be given another chance.

+1 

• Agree 1

+1

i met syn 30 days ago and in that time he’s shown that he is a mature, funny bloke. I’ve played other games with him etc. It was 2 years ago, give old mate a chance.

• Agree 1

+1

Give him a chance, if Wikka can get unbanned for cheating while he was staff(no shade at you wikka),why can’t syn get unbanned?

him and I got talking and his prior behaviour was toxic, but he has changed. He deserves a second chance, we’ve all been toxic before in our CG career. We’ve unbanned cheaters prior to this appeal. His discord unban means something is in the workings (maybe), so why can’t he start playing again? 

• Agree 1

Although majority of the community seems to want you back, it appears that the server (for the most part) still follows a no tolerance policy towards hacking as described in another appeal. 

The only way I see this ban appeal goes through is if the Head Admin’s (and surrounding management) opinion changes on hacking. However, changing their POV on it right after they denied someone would be a shit move. Although you seem to have improved, I would still hope management of CG remains fair throughout all appeals on similar instances. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

Although majority of the community seems to want you back, it appears that the server (for the most part) still follows a no tolerance policy towards hacking as described in another appeal. 

The only way I see this ban appeal goes through is if the Head Admin’s (and surrounding management) opinion changes on hacking. However, changing their POV on it right after they denied someone would be a shit move. Although you seem to have improved, I would still hope management of CG remains fair throughout all appeals on similar instances. 

said person was hacking for a long time and wasn’t  banned 2 years ago. Also I’ve been told that the player in question minged on alts. The 2 situations cannot be compared.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Jane said:

The situation is a bit different. I heard that said person that was denied had done it over a period of time and was streaming it to people like he was proud of it, Although I used cheats, it was for a very short time and I was caught basically straight away. I didn't really have time to process how stupid I was being with injecting in the first place.

Edited by syn
  • Agree 2

As far as i know, Syn was only using them for a very short period of time. Like 2-3 days max.

someone else in the community gave the client to him, not naming anyone but yeah, he was banned on my instruction after i caught him. 

from what i have seen from speaking to him his attitude has changed, i doubt after being caught and being banned for almost two years now he would repeat the offence. We have given people second chances before, i personally feel that he has served his punishment. He was banned on highlands so it would of been almost 2 years now.

He has shown to me that he will play properly and avoid situations where he may be toxic towards others.

Considering the nature of his ban, it would be very, very easy to see if he has cheated if he was unbanned.

• Agree 2
  • Cap 1

+1 dude highlands was a million years ago unban the guy already

two years is a long ass time and I think we can all agree that people can change significantly in that time frame

i think he has more than proven himself in the way he has chosen to conduct himself in the Discord since he was unbanned - not many people would choose to actively engage with a community they are banned from in discord for a month after already having to wait two years to possibly be unbanned.

• King 1

44 minutes ago, midday said:

said person was hacking for a long time and wasn’t  banned 2 years ago. Also I’ve been told that the player in question minged on alts. The 2 situations cannot be compared.

30 minutes ago, syn said:

The situation is a bit different. I heard that said person that was denied had done it over a period of time and was streaming it to people like he was proud of it, Although I used cheats, it was for a very short time and I was caught basically straight away. I didn't really have time to process how stupid I was being with injecting in the first place.

Both ban reasons listed on both appeals are for hacking. I was putting two and two together. The two situations may be different, but at the end of the day, both parties were caught cheating and banned for it. 

Im not saying he shouldn’t be unbanned based on my opinion, I’m saying it off the fact that someone else was denied for the same ban reason.

I’m sure you both would agree that all appeals should be treated fairly. And if there is a ‘zero tolerance towards hacking’ to one person, should it not be for the same? (I know there are examples of this otherwise, but they were justified (some of them worse than others)). No matter the length of hacking, there is a zero tolerance for it. Something the head admin would need to address when the final decision is made, whether the appeal is accepted or denied. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

+1 People can change I just know that. 

Syn use to be a full blown retard, however my interactions with him over the pass couple months have been nothing but pleasant. It has come to my attention that Syn has made a change to his personality and finally matured. It's been a good two years and I don't see why he shouldn't be given another chance. Considering the nature of his ban, it would be very, very easy to see if he has cheated if he was unbanned. fuck niggers

He has more than proven himself

• Agree 1

+1

Man is fun to talk to. People change and i think he deserves another chance : D

Edited by Aracard
  • Agree 1

+1 people change and from past comments he has changed his behaviour, you guys can expect him to be on his best behaviour, give him another chance

• Agree 1

+1 Everyone deserves a second chance, valid points in your appeal. good luck

• Agree 1

+1 while i dont agree that everyone deserves a second chance, but on syns hand he actually seems eager to rejoin CG, he has talked about what he would like to do if unbanned and clearly has ambissions for the server, Although cheating is a pretty shit thing to do, i would say most of us have done it at some time in pretty much any game. 

good luck

• Agree 1

Someone keeps removing my replies even though they're serious
Bring syn back, He has changed as a person becoming less toxic whilst still keeping his humor.
Server has really lost its touch within the last year, We need more old people.

• Agree 1
  • King 1

While cheating is cheating is pretty cringe. I think Syn has learnt his lesson after being banned for almost two years now, he's active on the discord and from what I've seen he doesn't seem to be a cunt.

I give this appeal a green +1

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Cheating in any situation wont get ya unban but lets think about others here. We get the idea cheaters wont be unban but like this ban was ages ago. Banning someone is simple its not a hard thing. If comm ban players can return why cant a hacker. People mature and change overtime showimg themselves how they can benefit towards the server. I mean you just reconsider wikka staff app to be accepted in the meeting before despite him hacking in the past. Why not reconsider this ban appeal, people change. But imo if yall are not to sure just unban and overwatch him for the following months. Cause a appeal for a ban that was given 2 years go should be accepted. If an appeal like this gets rejected there is clearly something wrong going on.

Note: Syn comes on vc and bring positve vibes, when i observe him. He was not being cringy begging people to +1 his appeal or even brought it up. This man really wants to play the server and let hoe people judge him in an unbias way.

Reading Bob situation, I semi agree with bob since history has been made but why not change things abit. This guy aint a hacker like retard HappyHobo.

If management has always been like this on ban appeals its retarded dont think of the situation oh he might hack again we never know, just spectate and watch it aint hard. Hearing that fucking stupid excuse is stoopid as shit so what if he hacks again ban and perm easy. Just do the job spectate him and trust him. Its retarded when a staff member/management says he might come on and hack again without even accepting his appeal yet. Why think such possibilities?

Appeal like this which is more than 2+ years should be accepted because why tf u rejecting someone that happen 2 years ago. Its just 1 event and hacks

My english sucks so the last paragraph people probs wont understand

OVERALL: +1 This are some things that i think that should be valid and reasonable in this appeal as the monkey in the lion king has said "The past is the past you either run from it or learn from it".

Edited by Zynix

Ban Appeal Denied

Involvement and usage of cheat clients on our server is strictly prohibited.
As this might be 'controversial', I'll explain my reasoning. 

As a player connecting to our server, you're expected to remain 'pure', using a vanilla client and following our set rules. Our server is a 'serious' RP server of which is heavily situated and built around general player versus player combat, of which doing so on vanilla client. You were caught during an event (heavily PVP oriented period of the server's day-to-day operation), with these said cheats giving and gaining you an advantage to combat generally putting you over the average player (ESP ect). 

Previously in the past, certain ban appeals for cheating were accepted for reasons deemed appropriate by management. Although this being said, that doesn't mean all cheating appeals offer those same situations or chances of said unbanning. 

This ultimately being said, you had your chance to choose either a chance to play on our server or to be revoked of said chance. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 3
  • Clown 2
  • Dumb 6