Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Jake Von Moderator Application

General

Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:179713803

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198319693334/

Current In-Game Alias (Rank & Name): 1LT Jake Von

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Jake Von

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Enforcer, GGS.SX -  STEAM_0:0:25008786

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (provide gametracker link/s): https://www.gametracker.com/player/Jake/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Legendary

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: a 5 within the community and around a 7 within the staff team

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: Not to my knowledge 

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: Everyday

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & Rules (#get-verified Channel): YES

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay? (minimum 100 words):I have previous experience with being a staff member on another server. I am normally on when player count may be low but also no staff are on to help people out and answer any questions people may have. Since I am American normally I am on at times where most staff members may be asleep or unable to hop on.  I am dedicated to the position and helping out the server to the best of my ability. Although I am American I am fairly active. I feel as if I am pretty well known within the community and with the staff team. I am always in a discord channel whenever I am on for people to join and have a chat. I don't easily get annoyed in stressful situations and I am able to deal with them properly and handle them myself. I put in all my effort when helping out players. I was just recently warned for Fail RP. When I was brought to the sit I immediately owned up to my action and apologized to the victim in the situation. I made a mistake in which I owned up to and learned a lesson that which I will never do again.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: Previously being staff on another server I have learned that in order to get stuff done you need to work in a team. If you don’t work in a team then problems may occur. Working in a team would be such as everyone helping to coordinate an event for the server. I am currently in the final part of the fire academy and in order to be a firefighter you have to work in a team. Failure to work in a team in a job like the fire service could easily get you killed. Working in a team would also be such as going to capture an objective or point and each one is assigned a task in order to successfully capture the objective. Such as assigning 

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: Personally I don't believe I have impacted the server. The most i’ve done is become 1LT of Delta Force. While being a 1LT I try to help out and be a role model for the ranks below me. I would love to impact the server more by becoming staff and helping out.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:  I am a pretty fair and honest person. I am friendly. I have a good sense of humor. I don't get aggravated at people making americans jokes. I am a calm person.If you respect me ill respect you.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A player with an attack heli has intentionally fired in front of the enemy base gates to kill someone with a bounty, but also killing players inside the base. A ticket is made by one of these bystanders and the attacker denies all the accusations saying it was an accident saying that there was no proof

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 80 words)?

Once I have claimed the ticket I would bring the person who made the ticket and get their side of the story first as well asking them if they have any evidence. Then after I have gotten his side of the story I will bring the person being accused and get their side of the story. After listening to both sides I would then check the accused's history to see if he has any previous warnings for this. I would then inform the person being accused that he is going to be receiving a warning for solo raiding and to get my point across so they don’t end up doing it again.

Scenario 2: A Chief/Officer has been caught spawning in props to prop climb a wall despite previous warnings from staff for doing similar things. You tell him to stop but a few hours later another staff member catches him doing it.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 80 words)?

Firstly I would tell the staff member that caught him doing it again that he has had multiple warnings from staff to stop abusing q-menu. I would then ask the staff member if I could come to his sit. Once I come to the sit I would inform that he is getting demoted due to Q-menu abusing after being told multiple times by staff that he is not allowed to do that. I would make sure to inform his Commanding Officer that he has been demoted and the reason behind the demotion.

Scenario 3: A Player is running around on the server and RDMing constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 3: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 100 words)?

I would immediately jail tp the person into a correct area( Like admin room or under the map in an area to do a sit). I would then see why he is RDM’ing people and get his reasoning behind it. No matter his reason behind it RDM is not allowed and leniency will not be given for it. I would check logs to see how many people he has killed and then check his warnings to see how many previous warns he has for it. After checking everything I would give him the appropriate punishment which would be a 2 day ban and a detailed warning. He clearly shows no intent to properly roleplay on the server.

Scenario 4: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 4: As a Moderator, how do you react (minimum 100 words)?

I would jailtp him into the admin room first. Then I would ask him what his reason behind it is. No matter if he is a new player or really well-known player they are all going to be treated the same in the sit there is no such thing as special treatment just because you are a well-know player. I would also ask him why he has been slipping up recently and whats going on. After speaking to him I would check his warnings to see if he has done this before. After checking his warns I would decide to give 1 week ban for Mass RDM and put a detailed warning in saying what he did. He needs to know just because he is a well-known player doesn’t mean he will get away with breaking rules

image.jpeg.260bd17545f6c5dc341703a7afea0028.jpeg

• Funny 1

Have you resigned from your staff position then? Last I heard, like 2 weeks ago you were on LOA.  I don't think being staff on another server is exactly an issue but since they are a competing AUS server I'm not sure it would be appropriate to be staff on both servers.

Other than that Jake is mature and competent.  Very early on from meeting him I saw a lot of potential for Delta Force and that same potential applies to staff.

• Dumb 1

8 minutes ago, Asatru said:

Have you resigned from your staff position then? Last I heard, like 2 weeks ago you were on LOA.  I don't think being staff on another server is exactly an issue but since they are a competing AUS server I'm not sure it would be appropriate to be staff on both servers.

Other than that Jake is mature and competent.  Very early on from meeting him I saw a lot of potential for Delta Force and that same potential applies to staff.

Yes I did resign from the staff position

• Agree 3

I would like to give this gentleman a +1, he seems to know the rules of the server and he also enforces them

~Sherlock

• Agree 2

+1

Upstanding member of the community, always tries to do his best, staff team could always use someone from a different walk of life .

• Agree 1

hmm, not sure what i think about this one

i have known jake for a couple of years now and have been staff with him on this other server (GGS) - which was not a great experience and would normally tilt me towards a -1 - but on the other hand he seems to be doing a good job with Delta and has improved a lot recently it seems and has been a good guy to hang out with.

so +1 should be given a chance - hopefully your conduct as officer will match your conduct as staff : )

+1 friendly and got me started on CG and taught me a lot of shit

• Agree 1

+1 I believe you can do shit and not be useless. Best of luck

• Agree 1

+1 
I promised myself I would never respond to staff apps again,
But some promises are made to be broken aren't they?
Jake is someone that has shown he can be a good officer, he's stomped out the stupidity in delta and revived it.
He enforced rules and is to this day making his regiment good.
So, why can't he do it again? But, with staff.
He has proven he is fit, and that is what I believe.

Regards,
Catz

• Agree 1
  • Clown 1

You follow and respect the rules, well known through out the server and discord so for that I'm gonna give you a phat +1

• Agree 2

+1

You've done a good job at leading DF and you gave thorough answers. Given your past experience as staff on [Redacted] I'd say you would do an excellent job.

Application Accepted

Congratulations on your acceptance. 
Please contact a Senior Administrator+ for your relevant training.