syn

Syn Unban Appeal, November, 2020

Ban Appeal Template:

SteamID: STEAM_0:0142448881

In-game alias/rank: syn (dpl I think)

Who banned you?:Canoon

Ban Reason: Hacking, toxicity

Ban Duration (Initial/Remaining): Permanent. 

What happened?: I was caught cheating in an event, on top of that I was a very toxic player within the community. So I had it coming anyway.

Why should we unban you?:
Well, it's coming up close to 2 years since I was banned from Colossal gaming Military RP. I can't change what I've done in the past, or the words that I've said, 
But I can prove that I've changed and show people I've matured. I've made multiple unban appeals, even ban evaded to try get back on the server (Like an idiot). 
But I want a chance to come back, and show people that I actually have changed. Within the 2 years I've had a fairly big break from gaming, and focused more on my 
social life. In which I've learned a lot more social skills and I've definitely and truely reformed. The only thing I need to do now is prove that to everyone.
I've gone too far with things I've said to people, and I want to make that all back and show everyone that I'm no longer that stupid immature person anymore, and 
show everyone that I'm truely sorry for cheating, and being toxic. I miss Colossal a lot and would love a second chance at it again.

All I'm asking for is ONE chance. I will show everyone that I'm not longer toxic anymore (And that I don't cheat anymore aswell).

I appreciate everybody that took the time to read this, thank you.

Syn.	

Evidence in your favor (Optional):

+1

I'm unsure about this one, In my experience, you were fairly toxic towards me, last words you said to me before your ban was "I'll fucking destroy you in pvp" before being perm banned for hacking, but... people change, in 2 years, the world and everyone in it has changed so much, I think its time you were allowed to return, but I'd suggest a similar system to other cheaters have faced.
(2 strikes, 1st is a week ban, 2nd is a perm)

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” -Mahatma Gandhi

i personally didn’t know you as i wasn’t playing at the time however i know about what you did.

I’m all for second chances, and by seeing the amount of ban appeals you’ve made i think you do deserve a second chance.

The issue here is that as you were cheating you were also toxic. According to your appeal you have matured which i believe can happen in the timespan since your ban. Just gonna have to prove to higherups etc that you can be trusted to come back. 

All the best in your appeal.

• Agree 2

Since you have been banned you have lied in appeals to staff and been a minge on an alt account as recent as the WW3 update.

I don't see how anything of what you have said above can be true

Edited by Asatru
  • Dumb 2

+1 unban syn

No ones suprised to see me here I'm sure but at this point I'd be here for any other member in this position. Tropica got unbanned, Ghett got unbanned, so many people (much more harmful to the community than Syn) have been unbanned in a shorter time than Syn. 

No one cares that Syn hacked ONCE in event out of spite, he's only banned because staff took his shit personally. He was never personally toxic to people who hadn't done him wrong and 99% of his shit was just banter that no one could seem to take properly. People who had fucked him over definitely know his bad side and as someone who has spent close to the last 5 years with him in person, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that syn isn't the same person.

He's over trying to peak over everyone in existence and he's done trying to be top dog, he just wants to have fun again. 

Honestly staff, you've been playing just the tip with this poor cunt for 2 years for no reason apart from pure spite. Syn slipped up once and you took that as an opportunity to get him off the server for separate, personal, biased reasons and you haven't shown him the same grace you have given to GENUINELY HARMFUL MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY, NOT SOME LOUD KID WHO MAKES JOKES.

It's time to put your priorities into perspective. #FreeSyn

• Agree 1

+1 free my man its been 2 years

Edited by dook

10 minutes ago, Asatru said:

Since you have been banned you have lied in appeals to staff and been a minge on an alt account as recent as the WW3 update.

He only ban evaded because you never gave him the fair go that he, along with everyone else deserves. If you actually read what he said he brought up the fact that he ban evaded multiple times because he just wanted to play on the fucking server dude. If you lot gave him the same chances you gave everyone else then he wouldn't have had to ban evade in the first place.

Stupid? Yes. Unjust? Moreso. 

If you were fair to him you would have a valid point here man but you didn't give him the choice.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Asatru said:

I never minged when I ban evaded, I tried to play the server but you flat out caught me because of an old bind I used.

Listen, I understand people are sceptic, but all I need is 1 chance.

I'm seriously not that person anymore, and I know people STILL hate me. But people that have done similar maybe even worse have been unbanned.

Just give me a shot.

• Agree 1

@syn I’d like to be well informed surrounding this topic as it seems to be quite controversial,

Would you mind explaining what happened with regards to you cheating / the toxicity / previous offences etc?

If you wanna talk on discord - midday.#9999

Alright.

So after chatting via discord, i feel as if Syn has matured from what i've seen.

+1

Old mate wants to play CG, give him 1 chance. IMO he should be unbanned from the discord and monitored from there similar to HXTP's case.

Higher up staff could possibly check his PC for any cheats / scripts etc to clear him.

2 years is a long time.

Good luck.

Edited by midday
  • Agree 1

Some people might be mistaken. I'm not defending my actions, or arguing to say I was in the right.

I'm admitting to my actions, and asking for forgiveness and a second chance.

2 hours ago, Chunky Fucking Sucks said:

He only ban evaded because you never gave him the fair go that he, along with everyone else deserves. If you actually read what he said he brought up the fact that he ban evaded multiple times because he just wanted to play on the fucking server dude. If you lot gave him the same chances you gave everyone else then he wouldn't have had to ban evade in the first place.

Stupid? Yes. Unjust? Moreso. 

If you were fair to him you would have a valid point here man but you didn't give him the choice.

Why would he be given a fair go if he was straight up lying through his appeals? Syn knows he has lied in the past. I've witnessed it first hand when he appealed earlier this year. Other members, past and present have witnessed him lie straight through his teeth in appeals. I'm sure canoon (who dealt with majority of his appeals) was given similar stories, hence why he hasn't been unbanned. 

You bring up that he gave chances to other people. If Syn was honest straight up, there probably would've been a chance. He was almost unbanned a couple times, but it was found he was lying. So you can mention that Asatru wasn't being fair, but in all honesty, he was being fair. 

Moving on to my opinion

My opinion on you being unbanned has shifted from the first appeal you made till now. I was happy for you to be unbanned way back. However, it seems like since those first appeals, lies have been present throughout some of them. You've even said this yourself in multiple places and you know you have. I don't really care if you do get unbanned, you seem to have made some sort of movement in the right direction in fixing your character, but you need to be 100% honest. It's evident you do understand your mistakes, but it's blanketed by lies that have made your movement to becoming better, flawed. At this point, I don't think you're quite there. You're getting there, but these appeals have been very similar to the others, the others you lied in. If the appeal gets denied, all I ask for your sake is to be as honest as possible, stay away from the server until you're allowed to appeal again and then maybe it would be time.

I wish you luck with your appeal, whatever the outcome is, I'm sure the fairest verdict will be given.

• Agree 1

Let me prove to you guys I've changed, if I do get unbanned how am I gonna cause a bunch of drama and destroy the server if I have every single staff member and members of the community in general watching me?

2 minutes ago, syn said:

I literally feel like I'm being targeted by staff. The players don't see a problem with it but the 2 staff members that comment on it do. I really don't see how it HASNT been enough time for an unban or even a probation period to watch me. 

I think that's because @Asatru and I have seen quite a lot of the background stuff with your appeals which shape similar opinions on you being unbanned. We had been seniors throughout your past appeals. When it came to your appeals, we were spoken to about them. That's probably why we have different opinions to the community. And it's not being targeted by staff. Asatru nor I are staff anymore. I am purely giving my opinion based on previous events I've witnessed.

• Agree 1

+1

From my experiences with Syn he was super toxic 2 years back, but that was the old Syn i want to see the new syn. Afterall it has been 2 years and he has constantly been appealing his ban and he would not be doing that if he is just going to get unbanned to hack or be toxic towards the players. Give this man a second chance to prove himself 👍

+1

I believe in people maturing over the years and 2 years from his permanent ban is definitely plenty of time for someone to mature up and become reformed from all their toxic behaviour. Give him a chance and we can see how it turns out.

• Agree 1

Ban Appeal Denied

At the current time we are unable to ensure your behaviour has appropriately changed, this being said, you will need to show said change. 
Your ban from Discord has been lifted, this will be your chance to integrate back into the community and show your change. 

Feel free to reappeal in a month once you feel as if you've demonstrated your behavioural change.
https://discord.gg/colossal

• Disagree 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cap 1