midday

Midday's Event Master App

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5515565

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971296859

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): PLA 2LT  Midday

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Midday

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof) 

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Midday/139.99.185.81:27015/ 

https://www.gametracker.com/player/comrade midy/139.99.185.81:27015/ - 94 hours

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes, i know commands such as !bring, !tp, !jailtp, !ban, !shock, etc

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members? 9.5

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes 

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:

I have only 2 bans, 1h was for 1 day for exploiting because I took turns capping FOB with a friend. I have learned my lesson and now if I think that something is exploiting I ask in @ chat or ask senior staff+ instead.

2nd ban was because i accidentally artillery striked spawn (thankfully no one died)

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree):

YES

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?:

Yes, i used to be an event master (twice) ((yikes)) so i did many briefings / setups / played RP characters like hostages and juggs etc.

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?:

Over the past year i've played the server i have had 2 spells in the event team. The first went for about 2 months, and i was demoted due to poor behavior. The second time i resigned / was kinda demoted for making a 'McDonalds event' which was seen as mingy by higherups (which i can't argue with). My first time in the EM team wasn't fun, however the 2nd time was, although it was very short lived. I feel that the quality of events has gone down quite a bit and I have a lot of feedback which i provide to the event team regularly. I think i can use this to make events that not only the other EMs like, but events that the community like.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?:

I do.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:

24/7

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord Rules (#get-verified Channel):

YES

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP:

As i stated previously, i believe the quality of events has gone down quite a bit, which is burning out not only the playerbase however the event team aswell. I would like something new to do on the server aswell, and a chance to experiment with some of the ideas that i didn't get to use last time. There is a new Head Event Master now,  Deku, a good friend of mine and I feel that we would get along and communicate effectively if i were to be integrated back into the Event Team. Some of the other Event Masters that are currently active may have negative perceptions of me, and the same goes for the majority of the community, however I hope i can prove myself worthy of the position (and maybe pass my trial while i'm at it).

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?:

I have many creative ideas that i would like to use in my events if i am to receive the position. I would look for new maps, new gamemode ideas, new support ideas, and much much more. As i said before, i still have a few ideas from my last time on the EM team which have not been used yet.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?:

@@@ Prepare for reputation changes

!rep (reps are changed)

@@@ Report to alllied briefings.

Briefing is done

@@@ Prepare for map change

!menu - change the maps

!timer create 6 Setup

Setup is done

Re-briefings underway

@@@ Prepare to move out

@@@ Move out; !timer create 15 Event Timer

@@@ (winning side) and allies Win!

Repeat for part 2.

@@@ Prepare for map change

!menu - change maps

De-brief is done

Promotions / announcements About face / shoot up into the air

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react?

Ask for feedback in @ chat and then improve, as the player's experience comes before yours as an Event Master.

If someone is spamming @ chat saying 'PLEASE GIVE US A JUGG' instead of muting them etc i would set myself to US and play the event for about 1 minute to assess the situation, from there i would assess whether or not support is necessary

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

Ask another Event Master to take over. This does happen (more often than you may think) and it's good that there are lots of EMs now.

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mfisop_kPRkIdX-LZmUc9o1ETSfIaM5rFODAUC_-A-M/edit?usp=sharing

thanx

• Agree 2
  • King 2
  • Clown 2

+1 very good application has detail and good event scripting he was em x2 times but was demoted because of maccas event which was good, I feel as if he deserves this position because he was a great em.

• Agree 2
  • King 1

+1

Midday is a respectable person. He is a loveable person who has changed over the time. You can be assured that @midday will be a fantastic person to be Event Master because of this creativity and also dedication to Colossal gaming. Not only is he dedicated, but he is a cool cat.

• Agree 2
  • King 1

+1 it has very good event scripting and his bans aren't even that bad which means he woudl be good for hte team

• Agree 3
  • King 1

good application and would do fantastic if given a ~second~ third chance i reckon

+1

#kfcevent2020

Edited by Maxim
  • Agree 1

Not only have you been kicked twice for reasons. You’ve shown big behavioural issues towards not only me, but others in AUS and the server. I don’t think you’re fit just yet, especially seeing you progress so well just for it to be thrown out the window. Improve on your attitude 

• Disagree 5
  • Clown 1

-1 your behavior in the past month has shown that you're not ready for staff yet again

• Disagree 2
  • Angry 3
  • King 1
  • Clown 2

4 minutes ago, Views said:

-1 your behavior in the past month has shown that you're not ready for staff yet again

please provide some examples of my poor behaviour

• Agree 2
  • King 1

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not only have you been kicked twice for reasons. You’ve shown big behavioural issues towards not only me, but others in AUS and the server. I don’t think you’re fit just yet, especially seeing you progress so well just for it to be thrown out the window. Improve on your attitude 

i am not sure why you are talking about me getting kicked twice considering 

1. you don't know the full story behind them

and

2. you weren't even there for thee first time i was EM

what do you mean by 'seeing me progress so well just for it to be thrown out the window'? Legit want to hear your feedback.

• Agree 2
  • King 1

Just now, midday said:

i am not sure why you are talking about me getting kicked twice considering 

1. you don't know the full story behind them

and

2. you weren't even there for thee first time i was EM

what do you mean by 'seeing me progress so well just for it to be thrown out the window'? Legit want to hear your feedback.

You were improving your attitude towards everything, then you became toxic as. You literally called me “power tripping” when I was telling you off for spamming chat for stuff you know isn’t allowed in game 

• Disagree 3
  • Informative 2

Just now, Snake said:

You were improving your attitude towards everything, then you became toxic as. You literally called me “power tripping” when I was telling you off for spamming chat for stuff you know isn’t allowed in game 

by 'spamming stuff not allowed ingame' do you mean saying 'x3' 'uwu' and 'snakey wakey'?

also before the forum mods absolutely shit on us i believe we shoudl take this to discord dms 

• Agree 2
  • King 1

+1 i think Midday would be a great addition to the Event Master team and believe he will host some great events

(also not sure why my original comment was deleted???)

• Agree 1

Your last 3 times as a EM hasn't gone to well considering you failed your trial periods and proceeded to becoming more toxic after you had left the EM team these most recent times.
if you were to become less toxic and more mature within the community, I will consider changing my response. And your attitude towards the server has majorly diminished and it doesn't look like your enjoying the server as much as you used to and I believe that, that would ruin your ability to make fair and balanced events for the Server to play.

I'm sorry but I don't see you fit for being on the staff team a 4th time in this current period
Good Luck 

Hubert

• King 1

1 hour ago, Hubert said:

Your last 3 times as a EM

2*

Would also like to point out that i still find enjoyment in the server, if my respect towards it has diminished i wouldnt've applied for EM

Thanks for the feedback

Edited by midday

Neutral

I heavily agree on the EM team being lower, but the thing is.
Being removed 2 times? Even if you had a good record sets off alarmbells.
Plus from what I'm seen the staff team hasn't really had any good encounters,

From my eyes it does seem like your creative and fit for the role, but your attitude and minginess seems to ruin it for me.

Regards,
Catz

• Agree 1

yo please close this im too retarded for staff atm

Locked at request of user

• King 1