Megu

Did you guys learn anything useful during highschool?

Did you guys learnt anything useful in highschool?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Was highschool helpful?

please tell me

well... i learnt ... handjob ... and ... 

I learnt how to create a school and house using revit, dont know how thats gonna help me but yea

• Agree 1

I'll have to get back to you on that in a year

It depends on what you want to do and what subjects you pick. Generally what you learn will be helpful for you later in life, for example Maths Standard (or General or whatever its called) teaches you how to do taxes and be an adult while Maths Advanced is all about therotical mathematics that you probably won't use unless you are doing a maths degree in uni or some job involving maths.

I learnt many things. 

how to make eggs the perfect way

how to deal without getting caught

music writing 

sound technology 

how to talk up a grade with teachers

School is less about learning and more about teaching you how to learn yourself. It helps prepare you for later years in life, i.e studying in university, TAFE or other sorts of tertiary education.

The whole process - being in a classroom and learning with a group is to prepare you for the real world (working environment) to get you used to meeting deadlines, and to teach you how to further your goals with self learning, self study. etc.

Most people will find that not a lot of what they learn in school can be applied later in life, but the experiences you get from being in school are an essential part of shaping you as a person

• Agree 1
  • King 1

im gonna ask my year coordinator of this can be my year book quote "I gone to school for 12 years and still had a random stranger from the internet teach me how to do my taxes" thanks canoon for teaching me how to do my taxes hahaha 

I had the luxury of attending at a private school, which the public expects that it had a higher standard of learning than the public ones. Too bad, they never taught me how to do my taxes, make a resume, attend interviews, and apply for a job. Things that are essential in real life aren't taught to me, I had to learn things by myself with the help of others ofc. To which I say, school is useless irl, but useful for giving you the ability to get a diploma.

I learned to hate my school, I don't like my schoolmates and I don't like what I am studying. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xhenoa said:

I had the luxury of attending at a private school, which the public expects that it had a higher standard of learning than the public ones. Too bad, they never taught me how to do my taxes, make a resume, attend interviews, and apply for a job. Things that are essential in real life aren't taught to me, I had to learn things by myself with the help of others ofc. To which I say, school is useless irl, but useful for giving you the ability to get a diploma.

My school had a careers class, but at most it's just making a resume and doing random job-searching tasks

I can differentiate x^93+23^7

Its not what I learnt at School that helped, but the skills I learnt to learn other skills that did.

19 hours ago, Nikolai said:

its 93x^92+161^6

dude if you're differentiating a constant it's 0

so it'd be 93x^92

• Agree 1

Just drop out and join the military smh ezpz