Buff Explosive Launchers.

Suggestion Name:

Buff Explosive Launchers

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):

Weapon

Addon Pack (Optional):

Addon Pack File Size:

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

Explosive launchers... where do I begin. A fan favourite in any game. A weapon that shoots literal shrapnel. In real life, direct hit = instant death. But in Colossal Gaming... Direct hit = minor scar, just grab a medic.

There are 2 issues (in my eyes) with the explosive launchers;

First - Damage

Second - Ammo count

Let's go over the damage first.

We have the target ( @Wikka ) with no armour and 100HP. He is standing still, not fighting back, and I have an easy shot on him. An unlikely scenario. We are using the default rockets.

After a direct hit on the target, he is set to 1HP. The reload time of the rocket is 4.23 seconds.

How is he not dead???

The RPG does 20x1 damage.

Yes, 20x1.

Obviously splash damage comes into play, but still. 

20x1.

In my opinion, the rocket should 1 hit with armour, due to the slow reload time and the difficulty of using it. (9 times out of 10 it will blow up in your face due to the rocket hitbox, which is a whole other issue).

The most effective measure I have found is to strafe it with AR / MG fire, which works however if you curve a rocket with the defective ammo type, you don't always have visual of the enemy. Imagine hitting an insane shot with an RPG, and the target just pulls out his medkit and recovers. Not very poggers.

Secondly;

The ammo.

The RPG gives you 2 rockets.

Not 3, not 4,

This would be acceptable if the RPG actually did damage, however it doesn't. It takes 2 rockets to kill someone with full armour.

The same can be said for the GL on both fronts; Damage and ammo count.

This is ridiculous IMO. The difficulty of acquiring said launchers is quite high.

You either get into ISIS, pay $35 or reach Prophet,

Join PLA, do tryouts for Beijing SF, and then get 2100 total kills, and unlock the RPG

The GL is easier to obtain however;

Tryouts for 75th Rangers

Pay $35 or reach Officer.

The RPG is supposed to be a crutch weapon

A weapon you use to get out of a sticky situation.

I know the owners don't want launchers to be strong in 1v1 scenarios, but come on.

20x1

Edited by midday
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Clown 2

I, too, think it is very strange that a small orange pistol does the same damage as a big boom boom stick

• Agree 1

+1 because Midday need help at getting good at the game. 🙂

and I feel like an explosive devices should 1 shot someone.

• Agree 1

+1 there is no reason why an RPG should not kill someone in 1 direct hit by the time you reload the guy you hit could have already been healed back up to 100 hp and you only have 2 RPG bullets therefore useless BUFF RPG And feral if you want you can cap the amount of people aloud in an explosive class not including officers/hc

Edited by loloy

+1

all explosives across the board need a buff 

they do barely any damage 

1 hour ago, dInGo said:

+1

all explosives across the board need a buff 

they do barely any damage 

100% agree, the only explosives that actually do damage are grenades lol.

who would win

massive fucking rocket filled with shrapnel that is rocket propelled 

or

throwing ball

Edited by midday

+1 

Doubt it will be changed to a one shot again because I think it was changed for all explosives universally, feral doesn't want one shots. (What I think at least)

Would love to one shot kids with an RPG 😛

Edit: It wouldn't be that op because there is already such a high requirement to actually get explosives, as midday said 2100 kills in PLA, Officer or $35 in US or get into ISIS which is hard enough and then pay $35 or get officer.
- Ashley ❤️ 

Edited by LuciÐ
  • Agree 1

the weapon can already 1 shot, aim for the head, i've been 1 shot by an rpg more then a sniper

1 minute ago, Views said:

the weapon can already 1 shot, aim for the head, i've been 1 shot by an rpg more then a sniper

no it can’t lmao 

also even if it can imagine aiming a PROJECTILE at someone’s head lmao

RPG is not hitscan

i have had a lot of use with the rpg seeming as i had it for about 2months of use and only used that and i just want to say it is already a good weapon it doesn't need a massive dmg buff to one shot (sometimes it bugs out and one shots anyways). the thing with the rpg is its not meant to be for 1v1s its meant for dealing large amounts of dmg to groups of enemies, also the rpg is much easier to get now seeming as its for free in pla. sure its locked behind kills but thats not if you stay in gf till msgt and just get it. any ways i really don't think it needs a buff, its already good and if mastered you're going to do a lot more from my experience in pla -1 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Äshley said:

i have had a lot of use with the rpg seeming as i had it for about 2months of use and only used that and i just want to say it is already a good weapon it doesn't need a massive dmg buff to one shot (sometimes it bugs out and one shots anyways). the thing with the rpg is its not meant to be for 1v1s its meant for dealing large amounts of dmg to groups of enemies, also the rpg is much easier to get now seeming as its for free in pla. sure its locked behind kills but thats not if you stay in gf till msgt and just get it. any ways i really don't think it needs a buff, its already good and if mastered you're going to do a lot more from my experience in pla -1 

I think its only allowed to be used once 2100 kills in PLA not just the rank which makes it harder. Even if you used it, you only used it. There is no reason to use it at the moment, a damage buff will also help with anti vehicles I also think. No situations besides meme potential to use it over a normal gun.

- Ashley ❤️ 

12 hours ago, LuciÐ said:

I think its only allowed to be used once 2100 kills in PLA not just the rank which makes it harder. Even if you used it, you only used it. There is no reason to use it at the moment, a damage buff will also help with anti vehicles I also think. No situations besides meme potential to use it over a normal gun.

- Ashley ❤️ 

it already has massive anti vehicle potential, like i said it could one shot a venom if mastered. also it does have a point for clearing out points or fob anything, it has a point right now just people don't want to use it cause its not a 1shot and takes practice   

12 hours ago, LuciÐ said:

- Ashley ❤️ 

also side note it is just the rank cause its given at msgt so you can just transfer when you reach msgt to get it

The Rocket launchers were balanced in a way that made it useful but not overpowered. You shouldn't be able to take out a whole squad with 1 rocket.

If you want a discussion, do it in a more respectful manner. We don't need an argument with inappropriate language. If you want to argue, take it to private messages. Comments that are deemed irrelevant/don't contribute to the suggestion will be hidden.

• Dumb 2

I too, would love to rocket launcher points in events and make them unplayable. There is a reason there aren't many one shot guns in the game that aren't snipers, it's not fun for the people who don't benefit, which is about 80 - 95% of the server. 

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

4 hours ago, Eclipse said:

I too, would love to rocket launcher points in events and make them unplayable. There is a reason there aren't many one shot guns in the game that aren't snipers, it's not fun for the people who don't benefit, which is about 80 - 95% of the server. 

which is why the RPG is very exclusive? it's supposed to be a prestigious weapon thats actually feared on the battlefield, not just looking and saying 'oh hes got an rpg better make sure i have a medkit!'

Also when the HL2 RPG was in the game no one complained

you know why?

because it was exclusive and not a lot of people had access to it.

Edited by midday
  • Dumb 1

17 hours ago, Äshley said:

(sometimes it bugs out and one shots anyways)

I can testify to this, idk why but sometimes I get one-shot (with full armour) from the splash damage, I can't find a cause but it's interesting to how it works calculating the AoE damage

Also I reckon the RPG would be a lot cooler to have in an event if vehicles were used more often for transport/objectives (like if there's a blackhawk coming in with a bunch of people, doing that BF4 moment of timing the rocket perfectly would be satisfying). After all, the rocket you load into it is a single-stage HEAT warhead meant for anti-armour, rather than the long and thin looking fragmentation ones used to suppress infantry (I've seen some weapon addons with the ability to choose ammo types for the RPG depending on intent).

14 minutes ago, Yapopey said:

sometimes I get one-shot (with full armour) from the splash damage, I can't find a cause but it's interesting to how it works calculating the AoE damage

this is because PLA strafes rockets with MG fire

Edited by midday

We had a period of time in which the grenade launcher and RPG were relatively a one shot within close proximity.

Within said time, it only caused upset and annoyance to players. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, midday said:

which is why the RPG is very exclusive? it's supposed to be a prestigious weapon thats actually feared on the battlefield, not just looking and saying 'oh hes got an rpg better make sure i have a medkit!'

you know why?

This is a bad way of thinking “rare = make it op”, if you think that having a 1v1 and using an RPG as the only weapon is a good idea then you are using the RPG wrong, keep in mind that the limitations provided by PLA are purely the officers decision to have it kill locked. 
You say that the HL2 RPG wasn’t complained about, I can assure you that it was, and it was changed many times. 
Next, remember that out of all special weapons, explosives are the most, being in three regiments, compared to every other, having two, this makes it the least exclusive and having more on the field would be cancer. Use the RPG as it’s meant to be, a splash damage weapon that forces people to go back and heal. I have used the GL myself a few times and it’s as simple as damaging them and rushing while they heal, you usually have first shot advantage and health advantage. It’s a tool not a gun

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

This is a bad way of thinking “rare = make it op”, if you think that having a 1v1 and using an RPG as the only weapon is a good idea then you are using the RPG wrong, keep in mind that the limitations provided by PLA are purely the officers decision to have it kill locked. 
You say that the HL2 RPG wasn’t complained about, I can assure you that it was, and it was changed many times. 
Next, remember that out of all special weapons, explosives are the most, being in three regiments, compared to every other, having two, this makes it the least exclusive and having more on the field would be cancer. Use the RPG as it’s meant to be, a splash damage weapon that forces people to go back and heal. I have used the GL myself a few times and it’s as simple as damaging them and rushing while they heal, you usually have first shot advantage and health advantage. It’s a tool not a gun

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

We had a period of time in which the grenade launcher and RPG were relatively a one shot within close proximity.

Within said time, it only caused upset and annoyance to players. 

the only people that complain about guns are the people who get killed by them. Once you use it you understand for yourself.

The GL is much better than the RPG by the way.

Also Gizmo, the HL2 RPG was not changed from what i know of. Apparently Feral couldn't change it because it shoots a projectile, which is why it was swapped out in favour of the RPG-7

Edited by midday

6 hours ago, midday said:

you know why?

You're not understanding. Having weapons with massive AOE damage is stupid in a multiplayer game. We all know how people work when they don't need to be near an event point to defend it. Stay back near spawn, use your rockets, how is that fun for anyone? You're being selfish and not listening to other people. It would be better to give many people a one shot rather than 2 regiments. Because that's how balancing goes.

8 hours ago, midday said:

you know why?

midday i don't think you see that the rpg is just fine as it is , the splash dmg on it is great, its anti vehicle power is also great with the power to one shot helis, its range is also crazy for lobe shots and a 1shot would just throw it out of balance. i don't get why people hate the rpg cause it kills them but when they get the rpg they become extremely bias and want it buffed just cause they are incompetent at using it

2 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Having weapons with massive AOE damage is stupid in a multiplayer game. 

I'm not asking for a bigger AOE, I'm asking for more damage so it can 1 hit without armour.

25 minutes ago, Äshley said:

just cause they are incompetent at using it

It's nothing to do with being 'incompetent at using it' I'm perfectly capable of using the RPG as it's easy to learn.

Edited by midday
  • Dumb 1

3 hours ago, midday said:

I'm not asking for a bigger AOE, I'm asking for more damage so it can 1 hit without armour.

It's nothing to do with being 'incompetent at using it' I'm perfectly capable of using the RPG as it's easy to learn.

well you should see that it doesn't need a buff if you truly know how to use it cause if you were using it right you would see the strength  

3 hours ago, midday said:

also what do you mean 1 hit without armor it already can