Sign in to follow this  
Asatru

Warning system

• Issue: warning system
  • Reason (Why would you like this added/removed): I was given a warning today(Repara said it will be removed), my problem is that it was given without a sit.  I basically need a forum thread where someone from the appropriate staff position, clarifies weather warnings require a sit or not.  In my opinion, it will make the system redundant if warnings are given out just when staff feel like it.  What I was told is that the warning system is meant to let other staff know about the previous wrong-doings of players. My question then is how can they trust that if staff can just slap on warnings without a sit to determine rule breaking?
  • Screenshots: please don't comment on the reason for both warnings it isn't relevant to this discussion.  I already know that there is no such thing as "FearRP for no reason" and I will open that in another discussion.20180808182303_1.thumb.jpg.bd24e548f89b937603fd6f55235ed39c.jpg

Warnings should only be given out if you are in a sit (this is what I do) other wise people wouldn’t know why they have been warned since they wouldn’t of been told by the staff member who warned them what rule they broke (even though it would say in the warm but they still need to tell them). Before we had the warning system, we would bring people to sits and tell them and warn them, this should be no different even with the warm system in place.

• Agree 1

The warn is suppose to get removed but the warning system is more of a logging system for people that do wrong obviously, say if I were ban someone for mass rdming I would log them into the warn system so people know he was banned before for MASS RDMing. 

• Agree 2

As I see it, the warning system is in place so we can more easily keep track on who has been warned and for what. If I was to warn a player verbally for RDM, then they were to RDM again and other staff took the sit, how are they to know I warned them already? AWarn is supposed to solve this problem. Sits still need to be conducted, the warns are for other staff members to take into account as they deal with the current sit.

• Agree 1

Thank you, Halstead, Razi, and Echo.  I believe they have given all the information necessary for this thread.  I don't mind if it stays open but I'm pretty sure this can be archived now :)