Sign in to follow this  
Castle

Castle's Moderator Application V2

Posted (edited)

CG-Header-Banner.png.ce0db06ff1d1049a6f7f71a2165adadf.png

Important Notes

• All applications must be formal if you don't take your application seriously you risk being denied on the spot.
  • Putting an appropriate amount of time and effort into your application is expected. Applications can take up-to or more than 2 weeks to be decided upon. Please be patient.
  • We know your application is there, we have not forgotten about it.
  • If your application gets denied, please don't be discouraged. Take the feedback, improve, and try again at a later date.
  • If your application gets denied, please wait at least* 2 weeks before re-applying. It's not mandatory to wait longer, but it is strongly recommended. Take this time to use feedback properly so that you can be better suited for the position.

Moderator Application Template

Pre-requisites

• You must be already active and well-known member within our community
  • You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as a staff member you will get stressed.
  • You must understand the chain of command.
  • You must understand that the powers you are granted are for you to help people and the community.
  • You agree that your rank can be taken away at any time if you are reported abusing.
  • You need to understand that you may not receive the rank.
  • As a staff member, you must understand that you are required to help/run events.
  • You must have an understanding of the rules and RP.
  • You must have at least 60 active hours within 1 month on the server.
  • You must show appropriate levels of maturity in all aspects within the community.

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:108442949

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198177151626

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): 1LT Castle

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Castle

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: No, but I have considered it before.

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof): 362 Hours/21752 Minutes - Gametracker: https://www.gametracker.com/player/Crank Fastle/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : Bronze

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Nah, but I have started watching tutorials on it, and will put in effort so I properly know how to use it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: I'd say quite well. I've been super active in every regiment I've been in, not to mention on discord. And when allied with a faction, I offer a lot of help to allies. 

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes. I joined about a week after I first joined the server

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yeah. I recently have been yelling at rdm'ing taliban when at their debriefs, as I often see them doing it without consequence. I also advise new players to stop team-killing if they do so. I do have a few warns, but I usually learn from mistakes and don't intentionally break rules.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes. I will try my absolute best to drop all bias towards my team, friends, and allies.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes. 

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: No I have not had any bans. I do however have a warn for MRDM, but I have learnt from my mistakes.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: Every day, unless I am really sick/need a mental health break.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & Rules (#get-verified Channel): YES

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: I like to look at things from both points of view (Innocent until proven guilty etc). I am very active, and I am easy to get along with. I can also stay very calm, and I don't take things personally. I'm a really quick learner, and I'm always teaching myself new things (recently learned Hammer map-making). I want to contribute to the future of this community, and help shape it into the absolute best fucking community on garry's mod.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I don't argue with higher ups. I help run RU at the moment. I am willing to accept criticism, and will take other's ideas into consideration. I get along with 95% of people I meet. I like to contribute my point of view, I will say if someone's idea is garbage, I use my initiative. 

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: Me joining RU helping to boost it to a point it can defend itself during a raid. I encouraged allies in events, and I'm a good sport even if we lose. 

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: I am kind, sometimes a bit sensitive, although i can take an insult. I also am super-creatively wired. I am quite cheerful usually, and very positive and encouraging. I am very into music (I do music production as a hobby), I really like to make people laugh, I really enjoy doing funny RP in CG. I am from the north island of New Zealand, and I come from a large family of 4 older sisters and 2 brothers. I prefer cats to dogs, although I love dogs almost as much, but their hair make me sneeze. I am currently studying with an aim of becoming an engineer. I have survived through several large earthquakes, which probably is why I can handle stress so well.) 

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A player with an attack heli has intentionally fired in front of the enemy base gates to kill someone with a bounty, but also killing players inside the base. A ticket is made by one of these bystanders and the attacker denies all the accusations saying it was an accident saying that there was no proof

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react? First, I'd check kill logs, to see if it's legit. Then I'd go invisible, and go to the scene of the crime. I would then talk to the victim/witness. Bring in the offender to the sit, and hear his side of the story. If he mouths off to me, or threatens to do it again I'd ban him for a week. If he's very apologetic, I'd just give him a verbal warn/actual warn depending on if he's first time offender/repeat offender. I would then return him to where he was along with the person who originally made the ticket.

Scenario 2: A Chief/Officer has been caught spawning in props to prop climb a wall despite previous warnings from staff for doing similar things. You tell him to stop but a few hours  later another staff member catches him doing it. 

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?  I would start by deleting the props he placed, and then teleport him into the sit room. I would then ask him why; after getting previously asked to stop doing it, I caught him doing it again. If he appears to be mingy, and un-resentful I would probably demote him from officer rank, and give him a warn. If he threatens to keep doing it or starts acting worse, I would ban him. If he is apologetic, and resentful I would just give him a warn and tell him not to do it again. I would then teleport him back to where he was.

Good luck with your application! If you've got any questions please contact the  @Head Administrator

Edited by Crank Fastle (Flux)
Realised I didn't put 1LT for in-game alias

You're a mature player who's proved themselves in PLA and in RU. I think you're ready for the responsibility of trial moderator, but I don't get to make the decisions.

Good luck!

+1

+1 castle is a good bloke and think would make a great addtion to the staff team

Castle is real mature to the rules, not really my place to say but i think he would be a good addition to staff 

Application Accepted

Your application has been Accepted, please contact a Senior Administrator+ for training.