Sign in to follow this  
midday

Negotiations.

Suggestion Name: Make NOT negotiating properly FailRP.

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):

Addon Pack (Optional):

Addon Pack File Size:

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed): Basically, at the moment, kidnapping US is extremely hard, and extremely useless. Today i have kidnapped 3 US and my offers for negotiations have been either turned down or just turned into something stupid. For example, today i kidnapped a MSGT and a SPC. I asked for a blackhawk for their release, and because there can only be 1 helicopter up at a time, the SAS that wanted to fly offered 2 humvees. It should be FailRP to not try to get your soldiers back. The real life US military would not let their soldiers die to the hands of the taliban. I strongly believe that it should be FailRP to not even attempt to retrieve them, whether that be a raid, or negotiations. Al-Qaeda is basically built off of kidnapping US and attempting to retrieve better equipment (vehicles etc) for the Taliban, however in this day and age everyone is so selfish that all they want is to fly their Blackhawk and don't give a shit about their men in prison.

Screenshots (Optional):

• Clown 3

+1 yeah i dunno why its not

its kind of like how its failrp to blow yourself up with the nade launcher on US

but on tali its not because we are all jihadists and thats pretty standard

• Agree 1

-1 MSGT doesn't get Blackhawks its for WO+, also taliban negotiations would be way overvalued.

• Dumb 1

3 minutes ago, Hawko said:

also taliban negotiations would be way overvalued.

US arent supposed to ransom off taliban they are the united states military not fucking somali pirates

• Clown 1

you want a LAV and blackhawk for a SPC, theirs your problem try catching someone higher and we may care

2 minutes ago, Deku said:

you want a LAV and blackhawk for a SPC, theirs your problem try catching someone higher and we may care

Well, i said i wanted a blackhawk and LAV because they both told me they were 2LT. After they told me their correct ranks (SPC and MSGT), i asked for a Blackhawk for them to both be released. 

normally those ranks would be like 2 humvees or 3 sec ops jeeps back on highlands

+1 I kinda gave up on trying to negotiate with US, they never accept offers unless they are bored. Just gas em instead, much more fun

• Agree 1

+1

Will actually add more shit to do

• Agree 1

sure negotiations have to be resonable but US dont care even if its the fucking goa captive, I captured canoon once and despite being told in GC if they raid he would be killed, they raided anyway... may aswell just teach the US how to RP

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Rhys said:

sure negotiations have to be resonable but US dont care even if its the fucking goa captive, I captured canoon once and despite being told in GC if they raid he would be killed, they raided anyway... may aswell just teach the US how to RP

I've done the same for Views, had him hostage and said if AUS take part in raid he dies. First person to enter is an AUS. It isn't just US at all, its everyone.

-/+ Neutral. 
ok so.. the problem I have with negotiations is the actual rp aspect of it. As said in a different one.. even when we do try and negotiate. It ends up turning into a blood bath cause both US and Tali are trigger happy as shit. It ruins the point of doing negotiations when we will just end up getting shot.

i see your points. But I also see against them. Hence the neutral from me.

Where most of you are going wrong is expecting combat not to be RP.
Of course if you capture one of the highest ranks in a faction they are going to make the decision between a rescue attempt or negotiations.  If you want to catch a fish that big you can expect that most of the time you are going to have to defend the hostage from a prison break raid.
 This is all RP, I'm not sure why people think role playing has to be passive.  RP exists most commonly in the team work and interactions between allies forces.  For example, the US communicating in comms to organise the raid to save an officer (RP) the US calling briefing and assigning everyone a role in the raid (RP) the US working as regiments to fulfill the role/s given for the raid (RP) the Taliban defending against the raider (RP) and communication and choices made to defend or execute the hostage (RP).  If the US failed to secure or kill the hostage then I could see the issue if they were then not willing to negotiate for a high ranked player but at the same time think about the RP that could be created by executing the prisoner.  Some of my best experiences as a new player on the server was lining up behind USAF bunks with Mosins and mowing down high ranked Taliban in a firing line.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Some people want to watch the world burn

Well, take that quite literally as last time I was captured I was strung up and cooked like a rotisserie in a kebab take-away

It was very 🔥🔥🔥

Whilst those negotiation offers were a little high, the US should actually TRY to negotiate. Sometimes nothing happens at all.

+1 you should have to at-least try to negotiate before raiding the Taliban.

Suggestion Denied

How negotiation are run is primary up to the people who are involved in the situation. We all can't expect everyone to roleplay in a specific way and call them out for failRP if they don't accept your terms. If a faction doesn't value their own players, it should be something you should bring up with the leader of the faction eg. GOA, LOF, etc. Otherwise you can try recruiting those people to your faction. Forcing a faction to take back their players limits negotiating options and makes negotiating not as crazy as it can sometimes get, which could be quite fun.