Ryan

Staff Application

Posted (edited)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:120101429

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200468586

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Captain Mei Lai 

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Ryan

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: N/A (only Discord Staff)

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: N/A

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof):  https://www.gametracker.com/player/Ryan/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : User 

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Very 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 7-8

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: N/A

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:if you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & Rules (#get-verified Channel): Yes

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: In my opinion, I think I should be accepted into the staff team as I would like to fill staff responsibility and help out the staff with tickets. I am very active within the community and I am on every day for at least 5hrs+ Witch will allow me to perform my staff duties and moderate the server. I hold an Officer rank in the server which allows me to lead a team and take on responsibilities. I get along with a lot of people in the community as  I am always out in public channels chatting with the community. I am very familiar with the Community/Server Rules Wich will allow me to Perform my Duties. I know how to use ULX I have experience with using ULX i know i was not the best em i can assure you i will pick up my game and prove to you that i can be a good moderator.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: When I was an event master I had to take responsibility to give people roles & make sure they were being done in a certain amount of time. This allowed me to display team leadership and my ability To work in a team. I also have Responsibility Of being an Officer Position In PLA As A Captain To take them out On missions and Lead Them And Doing things with them.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: I think Some of the events I have run and created new ideas impacted the server by myself and the event team creating events for the server.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: I'm Ryan I am 16 most of you know me By Mei Lai I am a Captain in The People's Liberation Army I Joined the Server In October 2018 I have held other Ranks in the server I am very active within the community with 5-6Hrs+ A day I am on every day. I have probably interacted with You Before I like spending time with my friends online and playing games with them. I also like to hang out with my family/friends when I can.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A player with an attack heli has intentionally fired in front of the enemy base gates to kill someone with a bounty, but also killing players inside the base. A ticket is made by one of these bystanders and the attacker denies all the accusations saying it was an accident saying that there was no proof.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

First Of all, I would Claim The ticket Get The Stories from both party's Even if it was an accident it is still not allowed if it is a new player and There Unaware Of the Rule I will Go through the Rule with them in-depth and explain how it works and that it is solo raiding and you can't do that and Punish them With a verbal Warning if they do it again I will warn them & take More Action Upon this. If it is a  known player that knows the rules well I will give them a warn And To be sure to explain the Rule To them again And Take the Appropriate Action Required.

Scenario 2: A Chief/Officer has been caught spawning in props to prop climb a wall despite previous warnings from staff for doing similar things. You tell him to stop but a few hours later another staff member catches him doing it.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

Take them to a sit Area And then first get them to explain what they were actually trying to do/archive tell them that your an Officer/Chief you should know better not to q menu abuse you have Previous similar warnings to this Explain the Rule To him even though he should know. Give Him a warning & tell him if this happens again Further & Serious Action Will Be Taken. Then also alert His Highest Rank Of the Faction/Sub Faction so they are aware of what happened.

Edited by Ryan
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1

Neutral

I see you have taken the time to fix some of the many errors that were apparent in your previous staff application but this one is still littered with errors. Although, the fact that you did put in the effort to improve shows some dedication. 
Also, you stepped down from Event Master not too long ago. From my point-of-view which is fairly harsh, you did an okay job, I didn’t see many events being produced by you so I fear that the same situation may occur if you were a moderator (Using the position for commands rather than helping the server)

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

+/- has potential and I think could become a good mod. But rushed the app

Edited by Hawko
  • Dumb 1

Posted (edited)

+/-

Ryan, you show great levels of maturity however there has been a few problems in the past (i'm not going to go into that.) You were demoted from EM however since then you have improved a lot. You show great maturity on the server and you are even discord administrator.

Good Luck

Edited by Midday
  • Agree 1

+/-
I believe that you have the capability to handle situations correctly, but I am a bit conflicted over the application and your past TEM experience not too long ago. Your application has lots of errors (not the biggest thing, as English isn't everyone's strong point, but makes the application better and more professional). I also remember not the best dedication from you in the TEM stage, with not too many events helped/ran by you (One instance Views and I needed extra people to run a 2:15 or 5:15 and needed you but you said you were "having a nap" which isn't that good of a reason when only 2 people are running an event and you are a trial event master) which ended up with you not passing your trial stage. I think that if you show proof and step up the dedication to server/player activities then you could make a decent Tmod but for now I am leaving this as neutral. Good luck with the app.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

neutral you dont seem like a bad guy but your app was written so badly i could mark it. this shows you dont care enough to spellcheck or even spend more than 10 seconds on the structure of your application and it frankly pissed me off

update some of my suggestions and ill consider a +1 not that it really matters from me anyway

@Ryan

WEEE.thumb.png.9c113c267789dd7e58cb154fb2031ee2.png

Edited by Smiddy
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 6
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)

Ummm sorry I am going to give this a +1 because he has matured up he was an ok em and I recon he would make a great staff member as he is well known  and he has experience of dealing with tough situations from ggs

written by:AK!

Edited by AK!
  • Clown 4

Ummm sorry I am going to give this a -1 because he has not matured and wasn't the best em. I reckon he would make a great staff member in the future with the right training and guidance. He is also quite unknown to me as I have not interacted with him on the server beforehand. Although, if you take the feedback that has been given to you, fix up your grammatical errors and just be a good bloke I am sure you can become a moderator in no time. 

Written by: Kane!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

+1

Taking to you more and you definitely matured more, although you made mistakes as a role of EM I believe with training and guidance you can do well in this position. Anyway its called a trial period for a reason so yes, Good luck.

• Agree 1

Neutral 

You aren’t a bad guy. I’ve only had great experiences with you as staff and as not staff. I would give this a +1 but imo your events were not the best and I can see you stuffing up as a moderator. Also your grammar is horrendous, please use grammarly or something that assists you when writing.

-1 - Don't know the rules

• Informative 2

1 hour ago, Dan said:

-1 - Don't know the rules

saying 'dont know the rules' means absolutely nothing. if you can provide some evidence of him breaking the rules that would be nice, thanks.

• Agree 1
  • Clown 1

-1 you are a decent person but i don't believe being a mod right now is what you and your regi needs seeming as i don't think you could manage leading ground force in the state its in and being a staff member. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

Posted (edited)

Neutral - I don't mind helping you learn as a staff but I am just not sure getting the role of mod after your previous history in the staff team as an EM is a good thing. I myself am not the best staff member to be honest but your previous actions as a EM makes it hard for me to judge you. You do have potential and you are a very good friend of mine, I just dont know if you will be hardworking enough to be a mod after 3 weeks receiving the role. ( Sry if shit english)

Reading about Dans comments I say you are alright with the rules rarely any tickets abt you. No RDM, No FailRp and all that stuff so I am not sure about you two meeting each other

You are mature being calm is a great thing ngl. I wish I am as calm as you xD. (so keep that up, the staff team will be happy to see you not being an idiot) ( Honestly people who dont agree with this are idiots because I observe very well since what Asatru adviced me on and its true.)

If you have the time are you sure you are willing to be a staff member despite being an officer? Cause alot of time you will need to be a staff and manage your time as an officer. Because I myself was not a good officer cause I was a staff doing work.

As a friend, I honestly dont mind teaching you stuff and teaching you to solve problems fast but put in more dedication than you did as an EM ( This is a must, cause if you fuck up again I am not sure how the staff team will see you joining back again)

Best of luck hopefully my advice/words make sense, but it will be nice to have you back if you have the dedication. Anyways bai bai 🙂

Edited by Zynix
  • Agree 1