Sign in to follow this  
Taylor

L115 for SAS Marksman

Suggestion Name: New Primary for the SAS Marksman - L115

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Regiment

Addon Pack (Optional): Already on server

Addon Pack File Size: Already on server

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed): I think this would be a good thing to have, as the current primary isn't a sniper, but is a bad DMR. This has resulted in the sub-class being very dead, and this change would help increase popularity for the subclass.

Screenshots (Optional):

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Clown 1

+1 OMG the marksman gun is so shit and this is what we need, when we get new players we have to convince them not to go marksman. (BTW SAS have 0 marksmen) 

+1 well, the sniper class can use a decent run-of-the-mill long range rifle for new players that don't have the sufficient levels to get the T-5000 instead of having a DMR that is the SR-338

• Agree 1

75th rangers already has this sniper

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Hawko said:

Make proper -1 with a reason or don't post at all

Hawko, that's rather aggressive. You honestly need to remember that staff don't have all the time in the world to deal with fixes like weapon changes and uniform changes. There are many different regiments with issues with their classes like bad models, under-powered guns,  no special classes for factions or they're missing that certain something. All regiments should be treated with the same respect (discluding officer regiments). If want to address something I say do it one at a time that way you don't flood the staff and you're not seen as a whiny B.  Otherwise it's a -1 from me as it's the 3rd post still up from SAS.

Another thing to note is why is this even a matter? SAS are an air regiment designed for Flying and Paratrooping.  A Sniper defeats the purpose of an Air Regiment which is to flank behind enemy lines and strike, you'd be bogged down staying in one place with a sniper. A DMR would be better in this situation as it gives range and manoeuvrability. If this post is to taken seriously, I would recommend a different DMR but not the L115. (Also aim better nerd lmao.)

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

Hawko, that's rather aggressive. You honestly need to remember that staff don't have all the time in the world to deal with fixes like weapon changes and uniform changes. There are many different regiments with issues with their classes like bad models, under-powered guns,  no special classes for factions or they're missing that certain something. All regiments should be treated with the same respect (discluding officer regiments). If want to address something I say do it one at a time that way you don't flood the staff and you're not seen as a whiny B.  Otherwise it's a -1 from me as it's the 3rd post still up from SAS.

Another thing to note is why is this even a matter? SAS are an air regiment designed for Flying and Paratrooping.  A Sniper defeats the purpose of an Air Regiment which is to flank behind enemy lines and strike, you'd be bogged down staying in one place with a sniper. A DMR would be better in this situation as it gives range and manoeuvrability. If this post is to taken seriously, I would recommend a different DMR but not the L115. (Also aim better nerd lmao.)

I’m sorry I was a bit aggressive but the gun is so shit and a actual sniper can benefit SAS as a regi. Also this gun is already on the server so it won’t take as much time.

7 hours ago, Asatru said:

75th rangers already has this sniper

-1  Quoting Asatru from before. Won't make sense if you take a sniper a regi already has just because you like it. Its like saying i love the hk416 and i barely get infantry in 75th so I must get it. You just have to show whats good about the class for people to join. I guarantee nothing will change just with a subtle change with a pretty mediocre sniper, promoting rp with tactical marksman and scouting missions showing how recon classes can be good will improve the numbers more.

10 hours ago, Price said:

-1  Quoting Asatru from before. Won't make sense if you take a sniper a regi already has just because you like it. Its like saying i love the hk416 and i barely get infantry in 75th so I must get it. You just have to show whats good about the class for people to join. I guarantee nothing will change just with a subtle change with a pretty mediocre sniper, promoting rp with tactical marksman and scouting missions showing how recon classes can be good will improve the numbers more.

we’re saying that we just want a different sniper. 

4 hours ago, Hawko said:

we’re saying that we just want a different sniper. 

L115 for SAS Marksman

By Taylor, 20 hours ago in Issues & Suggestions

I stand by what i said before. It doesnt matter about the gun, all snipers are similar. Its how you run the class.

this is extremely old, but: I once tried the SR-338, from the store. It does slightly more damage than an AR but a trade off of semi auto, slow reload, poor sights and more.