Xhenoa

Change Rules or Allow being shot in the Helis

Suggestion Name: Prohibit Defusing Bombs with Helicopters or Allow to Shoot Pilots from Helicopters

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Rule Change or Gameplay Change

Addon Pack (Optional): N/A

Addon Pack File Size: N/A

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

First of all, why is this not considered an exploit or FailRP (refer to the screenshots)? Next is because it is very unfair and not right, the HP of the chopper is too high to be shot down by the time it is down and prevented it from defusing and coming back again to do the same shit allover again (refer to the screenshots). Plus, how can you even defuse a bomb from a flying helicopter without the risk of being shot at in real life? There needs to be an immediate response to this crap, this is robbing precious resources that other players can benefit from.

IF there isn't gonna be a rule change, then allow pilots to be shot at inside their helis

This is abuse, clear as the day.

Screenshots (Optional):

unknown.png?width=833&height=468

Edited by Xhenoa
  • Agree 2
  • Clown 6

+1 for the rule change so people in heli cant cap objectives, -1 for the shooting in heli.
+1 due to the fact that you can't be shot in helis and you can just sit ontop of the point and not die (until 10hours of shooting the heli later).

• Agree 1
  • Clown 3

Alrighty, I'll explain it here to make it easy for everyone.

Firstly, in relation to exploiting, I've discussed this with Pingas, and we are in agreement that it is not exploiting.  It would be exploiting if the Helicopter was godded preventing its destruction. However, since the helicopter could have been destroyed, its not exploiting.

6 minutes ago, Xhenoa said:

Next is because it is very unfair and not right, the HP of the chopper is too high to be shot down by the time it is down and prevented it from defusing and coming back again to do the same shit allover again (refer to the screenshots).

Its the same with the RU helicopter being an effective Intel defender, or the tali heli bombing the buildings killing people inside. You can shoot it down (I believe ISIS have rockets do they not), Shooting out the tail also makes it harder to control. It is entirely doable to kill helicopters / vehicles. If tali had no way of taking down the heli (I.E The heli was godded, tali having no air capacity etc) then it could be unfair, but considering tali can legit spawn little birds that can launch rockets that can take out helis, you have an effective counter measure, use it.

8 minutes ago, Xhenoa said:

Plus, how can you even defuse a bomb from a flying helicopter without the risk of being shot at in real life

There are many things in the game that don't "make sense in real life" however they occur still (Like Tali/Civs sitting outside the main gate at a hostile area).

8 minutes ago, Xhenoa said:

There needs to be an immediate response to this crap, this is robbing precious resources that other players can benefit from.

Taliban have other methods of getting cash / levels, as do every other faction.  We can't nerf or prevent other factions getting stuff because a faction doesn't like it. It would be like a rule being brought in preventing Taliban from continuing the raid the base once the intel has left the base etc.  

Short version

Not an exploit, currently allowed within the rules.

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Winner 2

29 minutes ago, Canoon said:

Alrighty, I'll explain it here to make it easy for everyone.

Firstly, in relation to exploiting, I've discussed this with Pingas, and we are in agreement that it is not exploiting.  It would be exploiting if the Helicopter was godded preventing its destruction. However, since the helicopter could have been destroyed, its not exploiting.

Its the same with the RU helicopter being an effective Intel defender, or the tali heli bombing the buildings killing people inside. You can shoot it down (I believe ISIS have rockets do they not), Shooting out the tail also makes it harder to control. It is entirely doable to kill helicopters / vehicles. If tali had no way of taking down the heli (I.E The heli was godded, tali having no air capacity etc) then it could be unfair, but considering tali can legit spawn little birds that can launch rockets that can take out helis, you have an effective counter measure, use it.

There are many things in the game that don't "make sense in real life" however they occur still (Like Tali/Civs sitting outside the main gate at a hostile area).

Taliban have other methods of getting cash / levels, as do every other faction.  We can't nerf or prevent other factions getting stuff because a faction doesn't like it. It would be like a rule being brought in preventing Taliban from continuing the raid the base once the intel has left the base etc.  

Short version

Not an exploit, currently allowed within the rules.

It is fuken impossible for a person to defuse a bomb while sitting in the pilot seat and operating a helicopter. Tell me how that makes any sense, unless hes a wizard he cannot defuse the bomb through the heli and still be able to operate it.

Its Blatant FailRP/exploit and the server is called SeriousRP, it just shows how stupid and unlogically the rules and server operates.

It doesnt have to say in the rules "Dont defuse bombs through your helicopter" because its common sense, its impossible to do IRL so dont do it in game since the "seriousRP' imagine is trying to be put out. 

- FailRP: If there is something you can't do in real life, you can't do it on the server (use common sense)

• Agree 1
  • Clown 6

- FailRP: If there is something you can't do in real life, you can't do it on the server (use common sense)

I didnt know you can disable bombs or transmit information while being 10 metres away without a bomb defusal robot

Edited by Rhys
  • Clown 6

18 minutes ago, Canoon said:

It would be exploiting if the Helicopter was godded preventing its destruction.

THE TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE WHEN DEFUSING, IF THE PILOT IS GOD MODE AT HELI, THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT ALREADY

There is no way of preventing the defuse in that situation, since it takes a hell lot of time to take down a helicopter, especially when there are less people defending the bomb, and then comeback again to do the same thing (things don't offset properly, get it?). This is why this needs to be changed.

Taliban have other methods of getting cash / levels, as do every other faction.  We can't nerf or prevent other factions getting stuff because a faction doesn't like it.

No, that's not it. what if we do the same thing with a Littlebird at Crashsite? Then another topic like this will come up, right? Do you need a US faction player to post a topic like this for a rule change?

What doesn't make sense is this is not an exploit, since the defuser is godded inside the heli, and the heli has a lot of HP, eating up a lot of time before it gets shot down.

Consider even this:

What if I go in and out? Since I can repair my heli on the fly when it smokes out.

See? It's an abuse/exploit/FailRP.

Edited by Xhenoa
  • Agree 1
  • Clown 3

I mean another issue is that there's a cringe rule loophole where if you have 2 sas officers once one crashes the heli the other one spawns one bypassing the 4 mins, making it really fucking annoying to stop them from defusing if they are dedicated enough to spam helis at the bomb

Edited by Rhys

42 minutes ago, Asatru said:

Get attack heli and bomb it

You do well know that not all players are capable of flying or all al-s/isis are online, let alone perform well in a dogfight or spam "useful" rpgs to prevent the defuse instantly.

I don't want to be rude, but if you're all gonna reply with solutions that cannot offset the cost of using a heli to defuse the bomb opposed to destroying it without wasting valuable defuse time. Then you clearly have a problem, and you should solve that.

Realize the problem and take steps into solving it.

14 hours ago, Asatru said:

Get attack heli and bomb it

If it’s a defusal, there’s a 2 minute defuse time. By the time you get the heli, start it, get it to the location and bomb it, time is up. 

• Agree 1

On 5/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, Rhys said:

I mean another issue is that there's a cringe rule loophole where if you have 2 sas officers once one crashes the heli the other one spawns one bypassing the 4 mins, making it really fucking annoying to stop them from defusing if they are dedicated enough to spam helis at the bomb

yeah it should be 4 minutes cool down faction wide

the times to defuse arent consistent, it depends on faction numbers & where the point is, a lot of the time it can go for around 10 minutes for both sides. If there is an issue with not being able to fight the helicopter then al-s and ISIS are your go to. Its not an issue with the server but rather players if ISIS is extremely limited, and all the people in it go to medic. Perhaps this is an issue that needs to be dealt with in game.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Its not an issue with the server but rather players if ISIS is extremely limited, and all the people in it go to medic. 

The only possible way to access an RPG is either climbing the Ranks of ISIS to Prophet, or to donate for Enforcer so I personally think we should be able to shoot pilots out of their heli's. But realistically it doesn't make too much sense to be able to defuse from a helicopter now does it? I don't believe helicopters should be prohibited from certain event's; it would cause too much confusion and make a whole fuss out of everything. But rather to allow for pilots to be shot out of heli's would solve a lot of current issues; it would create a more realistic environment and make pilots more cautious of their actions and positioning of landing / evac locations etc.

Problem is you can't have people being able to be shot in helis and not being shot in cars.
Having the ability to shoot into cars made using them when you are KOS to factions useless and it made vehicles in events susceptible to being snipped out of spawn.
I think the real issue here is that the equation for defusal is too short and needs to be longer?

-1 As an SAS member being able to shoot a heli’s would downgrade SAS and al-q as a regi. This nerf would ruin Transport heli’s and tali would shoot us out as a civi. US won’t be able to shoot out civi heli’s making it unfair, the only thing I can agree on is maybe being able to be shot out in a venom but still I would prefer this wouldn’t be added.

2LT SAS Hawko,  

Edited by Hawko

2 hours ago, Hawko said:

-1 As an SAS member being able to shoot a heli’s would downgrade SAS and al-q as a regi. This nerf would ruin Transport heli’s and tali would shoot us out as a civi. US won’t be able to shoot out civi heli’s making it unfair, the only thing I can agree on is maybe being able to be shot out in a venom but still I would prefer this wouldn’t be added.

2LT SAS Hawko,  

You cant shoot people out of all the transport helis, correct me if im wrong but the chinook and black hawk you've never been able to shoot people out of them, As for it downgrading the regi's of course having the helis be a slight bit weaker whould make the regiments a bit worst. And it wouldn't be that big of a deal it would just force the pilots to take more care and would encorage RP, as a pilot could get scouts to check the landing spot before moving over, or a transport heli would need to work with a attack heli(You could have a flying force of 3 helis at max if you have allied air power) to cover the landing rather then just flying over tanking the damage and dropping them off and flying away without anycare. But getting shot out of the heli is a pain in the ass and not very fun so the rule change would work better.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, Asatru said:

I think the real issue here is that the equation for defusal is too short and needs to be longer?

No, you just need to ban the use of helicopters to defuse the bomb.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, Hawko said:

Did you read though? It was mentioned that if there isn't going to be a rule change that prohibits the use of helicopters from defusing the bomb, then allow pilots to be shot at inside.

36 minutes ago, Xhenoa said:

No, you just need to ban the use of helicopters to defuse the bomb.

Did you read though? It was mentioned that if there isn't going to be a rule change that prohibits the use of helicopters from defusing the bomb, then allow pilots to be shot at inside.

As I said I don’t want to see the rule change for pilots to be shot out.