Merlyn

Merlyn's EM app 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted (edited)

General

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:187182258

Steam Community Profile Page Link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198334630245/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): RU General Merlyn.

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Merlyn.

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: No

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof)https://www.gametracker.com/player/Merlyn/139.99.162.1:27015/ and https://www.gametracker.com/player/Merlin/139.99.162.1:27015/ 

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? Respected.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 5-6

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I have one ban from last year which was given to me after i miss-clicked in a RPG only event and killed 4 people the warn was given to me but i was never banned.You should still accept me as i have matured over the last year and do everything in my power to follow the server rules.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree): Yes

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?:  I used to be a EM

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?:  i wish to make events fun, interesting and enjoyable for everyone. I want people to forward to events more  also i want to help out where possible and make sure that events are on time without being late and going overtime.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: Yes

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: I read though any news and look at the memes so when every now and then

How often do you use the discord server?: I use the discord everyday.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on Military-RP:  I miss being a event master and want to go back to it as i feel like running events with the 6 factions and new gear on the server would be interesting , i also want to become a event master again as i believe i can bring fun and interesting events to the server, I am passionate about the Military and Military history and would love to create serious yet fun events that follows the RP.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?: I can bring my experience as an event master, knowledge of military history which i would use to create fun and serious RP events, High level of teamwork and co-operation and bringing out high quality events.I would also bring my ideas on new supports that could be used during the events and new map dupes.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?:

Write up event and prepare[ Script, map, description,]

Check the numbers on the all the factions and work out fair and even teams “@@@Prepare for repchange” !rep to open the rep menu and change the reps.

change the reps and then call DB “@@@ Report to your allied faction DB”

After DB is done “@@@ Prepare for map change” then change map to the event map.

Change map with ulx

Place map dupe and spawn barricades

ReBrief both sides ensuring they understand the event

“@@@ Prepare to move out!” after the Debrief is done.

Check everything is fully finished and ready for move out

“@@@ Move Out!”  "!timer create 15 Event timer"

If one side needs support, @@@ or @@ the support e.g “@@@ RUSSIAN JUGG INBOUND”

Depending on who wins- “@@@ Taliban/US Win”

“@@@ Prepare for map change”

Change map with ulx

Place map dupe and spawn barricades

ReBrief both sides ensuring they understand the event

“@@@ Prepare to move out!” after the Debrief is done.

Check everything is fully finished and ready for move out

“@@@ Move Out!”  "!timer create 15 Event timer"

If one side needs support, @@@ or @@ the support e.g “@@@ RUSSIAN JUGG INBOUND”

Depending on who wins- “@@@ Taliban/US Win”

“@@@ Levels given (4-2 depending on who won and event duration)”

“@@@ Prepare for map change”

Changed back to home map

Taliban and US win/loss script is read

Debriefer goes over Promos / Announcements

End Event

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react? Ask the users what the issue of the event is, if they can be changed change the parts to make the event better, if the issue couldnt be fixed ignore the unfixable issues and remember them for the future.

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

Inform the staff team and hand them a copy of the event scripta and answer any questions before leaving.

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1onqDP74Pl1_QOaxTuxhAf48Q2eMUjNwyCzS62d_EHOE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Merlyn
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

+1 I think that he would make a great EM because he is a 

Very respected and well known woman within the community

Edited by Timmeh

Posted (edited)

+1 Merlyn would suite the role as an EM and is very creative with his rp

Edited by loloy

+1 would be nice to have a ex em back in the role

everything checks out and hes good at making events

• Sad 1

@Merlyn gametracker broken

+1

Did fairly well at EM the last time he was in the position. 

+1 

Was a great Event master. Great Application 

good luck!

+1 

Merlyn is a lad and did really well last time and made some of the most fun events i've ever played.

+1 

already has the skills required for the position 

• Friendly 1

+1 did good as EM before and is active enough 

+1 i believe he can do good events and is a chill dude to talk with.

Don't disappoint