Razi ♛

Red/Blue Barricade Rule Change

Suggestion Name: Red Barricade Rule Change

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): US FACTION

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed): First of all a rule has been added "Shooting into blue/red spawn is not allowed. Defenders are allowed to shoot out, this does not mean they can be shot back." First of all this means US + Ally can shoot from there spawn and be untouchable making the event so fucking boring and just making people wanting to stop playing. Another thing is it's not going to encourage US to leave there spawn, this rule makes them want to stay behind the Red Barricade. 

#1 Way to fix this: Make it so NO ONE can shoot in or out, this will force US to leave there Barricades to fire their weapon but also doesn't beat the fact Taliban will still stay at the spawn.
#2 Way to fix this: Create some type of line where it is placed further in front of the there spawn and make it so No enemies can pass this line but it can be shot in and out of, this makes it so US can't shoot out of there spawn, Taliban can't get to there spawn, Makes US have to push out of there spawn and also makes it more fun for event.

How this new line is meant to be placed: Call it the "Green Zone" make it so the line is to be placed where your own spawn can't see it until you move out further down the map and come across it, making it so you cant see it from spawn makes it so you can't shoot from your spawn and also makes it so US have to leave. When you come across this line No enemies can pass it, this makes it so you can't get closer to your enemies spawn. But when you are in this "Green Zone" you can shoot out of it and can shoot into it, this also makes it easier for the US to bait the Taliban and actually start to push them, How you may ask? Let's say for example @Dragoul shoots you from outside this green zone, you can bait his shots wait for the reload and push him, this also makes both factions work as a team but still includes the PVP area of events everyone loves. Another thing we could add is how long you are allowed to stay in it but this can be changed for each event making it harder to get spawn camped etc. 

Please give me feedback on this.

Screenshots (Optional):
image.thumb.png.c36d855278fc2922d578435a824e2b6e.png

REACT Check Mark Transparent | Free download on ClipArtMagIF YOU AGREE

Edited by Razi ♛
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

I +1 this make a green zone where only allies can enter so it can stop tali of walking upto to red barriour and complete spawn camp the whole event

Edited by Steve

I’m not sure you read this correctly:

New event rule: "Shooting into blue/red spawn is not allowed. Defenders are allowed to shoot out, this does not mean they can be shot back."

Doesnt say anywhere that’s it’s specifically for US

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, joni said:

New event rule: "Shooting into blue/red spawn is not allowed. Defenders are allowed to shoot out, this does not mean they can be shot back."

Yes I know, US will use this more often than Taliban

1 minute ago, Razi ♛ said:

Yes I know, US will use this more often than Taliban

That may be true, but I don’t think it’s relevant to have “Red Barricades” in the title since the rule is for both US and Tali spawns

7 minutes ago, joni said:

US are the ones who often gets pushed back, so basically it's for US. Also if the spawn is like in predator, wouldn't US opt to snipe in their spawns to clear out everything they see?

If they are gonna push w/ that rule. might aswell put spawns next to each other. (metaphor, no salt intended)

obese +1 btw, great idea.

Edited by Xhenoa

4 minutes ago, Xhenoa said:

US are the ones who often gets pushed back, so basically it's for US.

But basically doesn’t mean it is 🤔

They probably would snipe at spawn, but I’m sure our Event Masters would think of something to prevent something like that from happening.

10 minutes ago, joni said:

That may be true, but I don’t think it’s relevant to have “Red Barricades” in the title since the rule is for both US and Tali spawns

fixed the title up

I can see where the current rule is useful.

The US always gets fucked in events. No cap. 

Im literally flying in the sky and looking at map possession during events and most of the time, when Taliban gets the map posession (50% or greater), they always advance to the spawn. 

By allowing the enemy side to shoot into the barricade is the single most dumbest thing i have heard. It encourages spawncamping.

By allowing the side being spawncamped to shoot out without getting shot allows them to jump back into the game without any support.

Oh shit, forgot to mention.

581b260ef0075fb5b65d449f631f2eeb.png@

Edited by eleventeen
  • Agree 8
  • Clown 1

Neutral

The new rule, all in all, is to prevent factions from being held in spawn, as in many maps the US/Tali exits from spawn are surrounded entirely. This rule especially helps the more open maps, like gm_islandrain. The Taliban/US faction would frequently just go as close as possible behind cover, then snipe from there picking off the attackers as they left. But this new rule will allow defenders to eliminate any opposing forces and free up an area for a push back to OBJ. Before this, and I'm using Taliban for an example, would push up to the US spawn close enough so the only cover was on their side, and a long run if not in a car or Bhopping (now against the rules) would certainly end in death. The old rule could prevent such spawncamping only so much, but depending how your suggestion is handled by our event team could define whether it is truly effective or not.

its literally to stop spawncamping, i want to see how it plays out for a few events and then maybe ill reconsider, this rule will barely  get utilised though (unless we are using like palmbay or something)

clown reagt please

• Agree 1
  • Clown 6
  • Dumb 1

I have now noticed from events EVEN more US are standing behind red, this rule is fucking stupid.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Razi ♛ said:

I have now noticed from events EVEN more US are standing behind red, this rule is fucking stupid.

here is the answer m8.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, Xhenoa said:

might aswell put spawns next to each other.

-1. The rule was put in place to make the event more fair for boths sides. Almost every event one side ( usually tali) will instantly claim the point and then proceeed to move up to the enemies spawn and spawncamp for the remainder of the event. This makes it boring as whenever you try to leave your spawn you would be instantly killed. With this new rule that team that is being spawncamped has a chance to fight back.

Todays event was a great example of that; Tali managed to take the point and proceeded to camp the us spawn, however, because of the rule the US could go up to our barricades and first kill any taliban that would instantly gun them down, however we still struggled to get to the point and ended up stil being stuck near our spawn. If you really want to have fun and have a proper fight then play the objective and stay further away from our spawn.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, Razi ♛ said:

Suggestion Name: Red Barricade Rule Change

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): US FACTION

this means US + Ally can shoot from there spawn and be untouchable making the event so fucking boring and just making people wanting to stop playing. 

Before the rule US would instantly die as soon as they left their spawn, making it boring for us. We are only untouchable if you are camping our spawn. The easy solution to this is to stay away from our spawn and play the game properly. hold the objective, stay near the centre of the map or camp corners where you know US will run past. 

10 minutes ago, Razi ♛ said:

We only do this because if we were to run out of our barricades we would be gunned down instantly. You have the entire map to camp, choose choose somewhere else.

• Agree 1
  • Clown 3

10 minutes ago, Alff said:

-1. The rule was put in place to make the event more fair for boths sides. Almost every event one side ( usually tali) will instantly claim the point and then proceeed to move up to the enemies spawn and spawncamp for the remainder of the event. This makes it boring as whenever you try to leave your spawn you would be instantly killed. With this new rule that team that is being spawncamped has a chance to fight back.

Todays event was a great example of that; Tali managed to take the point and proceeded to camp the us spawn, however, because of the rule the US could go up to our barricades and first kill any taliban that would instantly gun them down, however we still struggled to get to the point and ended up stil being stuck near our spawn. If you really want to have fun and have a proper fight then play the objective and stay further away from our spawn.

Before the rule US would instantly die as soon as they left their spawn, making it boring for us. We are only untouchable if you are camping our spawn. The easy solution to this is to stay away from our spawn and play the game properly. hold the objective, stay near the centre of the map or camp corners where you know US will run past. 

We only do this because if we were to run out of our barricades we would be gunned down instantly. You have the entire map to camp, choose choose somewhere else.

it just sounds like US are lacking at PVP situations, changing a rule which changes the game alot because US are bad at the game is stupid, if you were on the taliban side you would know how this feels.. instantly pulled into a sit if you shoot someone behind the barricade while they are just camping there and getting kills being pretty much untouchable. Thats why it should just be no one should be able to shoot in or out and introduce the green zone. This is just a stupid thing that has been implemented because US cant put up a good fight.

2 minutes ago, Razi ♛ said:

it just sounds like US are lacking at PVP situations, changing a rule which changes the game alot because US are bad at the game is stupid, if you were on the taliban side you would know how this feels.. instantly pulled into a sit if you shoot someone behind the barricade while they are just camping there and getting kills being pretty much untouchable. Thats why it should just be no one should be able to shoot in or out and introduce the green zone. This is just a stupid thing that has been implemented because US cant put up a good fight.

It should be no suprise that Tali are better at PVP than US. Almost every event US are spawncamped by Tali. The rule was changed to give US a fighting chance.  Being stuck in spawn getting constantly gunned down isn't fun. You would know how this feels if you you were in US.... or if you look back at one of the events in the past in which Tali were spawn camped and were complaining the entire time in chat. NO ONE enjoys being spawn camped, so giving US a chance to first kill anyone that has their gun aimed at our spawn waiting for us to go through the barricade is the best way to make it fair.

As for the greenzone, it would make no difference to what has been implemented. With the recent rule, Tali have the option to camp out of sight of the spawn barricades, which would be the same outcome as the green zone. The downsides, however, would be more map space taken up and an extra rule that would be unneccessary.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, Razi ♛ said:

I mean if US are sitting inside there spawn whole event they arent gonna win

• Agree 3

Just because you want kills doesn't mean you can ruin the event for half the server.  Spawn camping is one of the reason people afk in events as there is no point playing if you're going to killed or sniped instantly as soon as you leave red. As Feral said:  "This new rule means that you will have a rough time if you are trying to go near the other team spawn." You'd deserve a rough time if you're being selfish and scummy by doing this. I understand people want kills, I abuse the Honey Badger and shit talk people when I kill them but I don't let that cloud my moral judgement as I know I am not the only person on the server.  Taliban always complain about CrowRP where US always stay on the wall and wait till someone pulls a gun out before shooting and this is the exact same thing Taliban is doing with events replacing guns out with walking out of spawn. I feel that the current system where you can shoot out of spawn and not be fired upon gets rid of the CrowRP or at least moves it away from the spawn and is a decent temporary solution. Another solution is to make US better fighters but it's very hard to improve on garbage, large quantities of people and that Tali would complain when all of a sudden they get overplayed by US due to increase of skill.

Overall, the current system is good and you may need to rethink your moral compass if you want to crowrp. CrowRP = Gay.   

Edited by Cloaker
  • Agree 3