Sign in to follow this  
Eleazar Hydler von Rîhhi

USMC: Playermodel/Uniform Rehaul Suggestions

Suggestion Name:
USMC - Playermodel/Uniform Rehaul Suggestions

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment):
Regiment [Playermodels] 

Addon Pack (Optional):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636790055 - Viper's Operator Playermodels [Already apart of Colossal Server Content] 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232636218 - PMC Playermodels [Already apart of Colossal Server Content] 

Addon Pack File Size:
Already installed on server

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

If we're looking for simple reasons; because most of my regiment agrees that the current playermodels for the Marine Regiment are pretty bland or somewhat broken in terms of hitboxes.

I've gone into flatgrass and basically did what I could with the current packs on colossal to ensure as little hassle as possible is made to ensure that these changes can get approved. I made these models not particularly with accuracy in mind (because if I did I would just ask to steal the US Marine Models that the US Army currently uses and leave it at that but I decided to put effort) but more still true to what marines should probably look like (the camouflages couldn't be done because I couldn't find a bodygroup that changed that). All the changes and their relevant subclasses are listed below 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this gets approved for change.

Those in charge of implementing models please pay close attention to the screenshots too! Many of these models (or pretty much all of them) have overlapping names but different appearances, the photos should help getting the exact thing down. 

ALSO - They are case sensitive but my writing sucks so it's better just to look at screenshots and the names

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OFFICERS
(1LT - GEN) Playermodel - pmc_01 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232636218 

GUNNERS
Playermodel - (mw2_soldier_02) and (mw2_soldier_05) 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636790055 (and for all other subclasses further on this list)

Bodygroups; 

(PVT-CPL) 
Arms - No \ Head - No (Arms no means sleeves rolled down), (Head no means no balaclava)
SMD_Gear_01.smd
SMD_HEADGEAR_MICH_02.smd

(SGT-SGM) 
Arms - No \ Head - No
SMD_Gear_01.smd
SMD_HEADGEAR_03.smd

(WO-2LT)
Arms - No \ Head - No 

mw2_soldier_05_smd_gear_07.smd
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_boonie_headphones.smd (Headgear 1) 
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_goggle_01.smd (Headgear 2)

PARAMEDICS
Playermodel - (mw2_soldier_02) and (mw2_soldier_05) 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636790055 

Bodygroups; 

(PVT-CPL)
Arms - No \ Head - Yes
SMD_Gear_05.smd
SMD_Headgear_MICH_02.smd

(SGT-SGM)
Arms - Yes \ Head - No 
mw2_soldier_05_gear_05 (? check reference picture)
mw2_soldier_05_headgear_cap_headphones.smd (Headgear 1) 
model#1 (Headgear 2)

(WO-2LT) 
Arms - No \ Head - No
mw2_soldier_05_smd_gear_05.smd
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_headphones.smd (Headgear 1)
model#1 (Headgear 2)

TACTICAL
Playermodel - (mw2_soldier_02) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636790055 

Bodygroups;

(PVT-CPL)
Arms - No \ Head - No
mw2_soldier_02_smd_gear_01.smd
mw2_soldier_02_smd_headgear_mich_02.smd

(SGT-SGM)
mw2_soldier_02_smd_gear_01.smd
mw2_soldier_02_smd_headgear_mich_05.smd

(WO-2LT)
mw2_soldier_02_smd_gear_02.smd
mw2_soldier_02_smd_headgear_mich_06.smd

SURVEILLANCE
Playermodel - (mw2_soldier_05) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636790055 

Bodygroups;

(PVT-CPL)
Arms - No \ Head - Yes
mw2_soldier_05_smd_gear_03.smd
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_headphones.smd (Headgear 1) 
model#1 (Headgear 2)

(SGT-SGM)
Arms - Yes \ Head - No
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_boonie_headphones.smd (Headgear 1)
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_goggle_01.smd (Headgear 2)

(WO-2LT)
Arms - Yes \ Head - No
mw2_soldier_05_smd_headgear_cap.smd (Headgear 1) 
model#1 (Headgear 2)

GHOSTS
Playermodel - (mw2_soldier_02) and (mw2_soldier_05) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636790055 

Bodygroups;

(PVT-CPL)
Arms - No \ Head - Yes
SMD_gear_02.smd
SMD_HEADGEAR_MICH_04.smd

(SGT-SGM)
Arms - No \ Head - No
SMD_gear_02.smd
SMD_HEADGEAR_boonie_headphones (Headgear 1)
SMD_HEADGEAR_glasses_01.smd (Headgear 2)

(WO-2LT)
Arms - Yes \ Head - No
SMD_gear_02.smd
SMD_HEADGEAR_cap (Headgear 1)
model#1 (Headgear 2) 

Screenshots (Optional):
20200502201214_1.thumb.jpg.859f72ce498ab44ea8325c1441bc8227.jpg20200502201222_1.thumb.jpg.c3219592ece3e631cf64c7fe43e72220.jpg20200502201234_1.thumb.jpg.51db9c47720186b30a2d43fe33198337.jpg20200502201301_1.thumb.jpg.505f55cca090fc8891b5a8c77b26e709.jpg20200502201315_1.thumb.jpg.3465bee6332ecd213945246f154a1791.jpg20200502205856_1.thumb.jpg.4b4a4b44fe41ef25c25ec9775886869a.jpgac241b2b3645698d24dfca31c9a1c9f2.png.2c7d42ac95dc247018e0e0171336a1f0.png
If you thought these were just SAS; SAS is just a reskin of the PMC pack, this model has the USMC Insignia on it, so I think I'm within my right to suggest these 

+1 

These player models look a lot better than our current ones and I would love to see them implemented.

+1

As a former marine General, i always felt that the models were bland. The new models presented in this thread are more modern and a more realistic version of what the USMC would wear irl

nothing beats the old models

• Agree 3
  • Clown 1

13 hours ago, Graham said:

+1

As a former marine General, i always felt that the models were bland. The new models presented in this thread are more modern and a more realistic version of what the USMC would wear irl

Didn't you do the model design?

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

I'm pretty sure he did the current marine design in game is what I mean

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

if im honest they just look real similar to existing models, and the ones that dont, are pretty much your current ones anyway.

paramedics & gunners look like a mix between delta force operators and phyicians & 75th models,

the officer looks like SAS if he was in the rangers

tactical looks about the same as your current models

survaillance doesnt have ghillie suits.

all of the bodygroups are almost identical to 75th rangers and delta force bodygroups, even having the things unique to the regiments, eg officer boonies, and taking away your already unique bodygroups

SAS have unique models as they are from a different country, although that model is the origional it doesnt mean that the other one doesnt exist in the US.

there isnt a consistent theme of colours, eg. Delta has yellow beige/green, 75th has desert camo, sas green ect. there just doesnt seem to be a consistent theme with your models.

Your current ones are already unique, you are the stealth regiment, having desert camo, on a jungle map doesnt really fit in, 75th already stick out like a sore thumb imo. Having a uniform black colour is good as it is recognizable as marines, dark camo, bodygroups that fit your style.

this was my thought process while looking through the models:

the gunner models look like you grabbed delta force packs from our bunks and put them on, 

more people using boonie hats?

tactical looks about the same

same story with paramedics, it looks like they took our gear,

more caps?

no ghillie for surveillance? 

boonies again?

caps again?

officers look like SAS that went to 75th but refused to change uniform, only camo

i agnoledge that you put tons of time into it but i dont think it works well.

in the end i think its just too similar and unnecessary

Edited by Gizmo

On 5/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Asatru said:

Didn't you do the model design?

Nope. He built these himself

PMC playermodels are not mounted on the server.

18 hours ago, Graham said:

Nope. He built these himself

I'm not talking about the models in this forum post like I said you were the one that designed the models that are currently in game December 2018. 
You said you think current marine models are

On 5/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Graham said:

bland

But you were the one that designed the current marine models :L

• Funny 1

On 5/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, Asatru said:

I'm not talking about the models in this forum post like I said you were the one that designed the models that are currently in game December 2018. 
You said you think current marine models are

But you were the one that designed the current marine models :L

Nope, i didnt design the ones atm. The ones i designed werent submitted, and the staff member that i worked on them with submitted his own

• Agree 1

Theres nothing wrong with the current ones, models dont need to be flashy also you would want to suggest models from the pack the server uses, not a seperate pack. If you wanted a redesign just suggest changes to the bodygroups or changes to the camo type such as what happened to delta or 75th models.