Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80178350

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/River1008

Current In-Game Alias: United Nations Captain River

Most Commonly Known Alias: River

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities?:

Gateway Gaming 2016 (Admin)

Colossal Gaming 2018 (Event Master)

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have?: https://www.gametracker.com/player/River/139.99.185.81:27015/

What is your current rank in-game?: Respected

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: I know the basics

How well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 6/10

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?: Yes

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date?: No

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: I check CG Discord regularly and use it when I want/need to.

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?: I thought it didn't exist anymore?

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & TeamsSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. Yes, I understand

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: I've had experience as an Event Master and enjoyed the responsibility. However, I was EM for a short amount of time. I want to be a staff member again and help the community with my service. As well, helping improve the new players experience on the server. Making sure they're trained almost instantly, guiding them and helping them with their needs. Also being around the community for 2 years, I've gained good knowledge on the community and server.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: Working as an Event Master taught me how to guide a team and instruct them in important roles that were needed. Also, holding multiple commanding positions, from U.S Medics to United Nations. I strive to be organised and come up with new ideas to keep the regiment interested in their roles. Making sure I always communicate with other highers ups about my actions. 

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: I'm always trying to help with little things. Whether that's a person asking a question in OOC, a trainee needing to be trained in events or trying to implement new ideas into my regiment. As well, serving my time as an EM. 

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself: Majority of the time, I'm a relaxed and quiet person. I only speak to a few people but try to be respectful to most people I meet. However, I can be firm at times when necessary. I'm a big believer in treating people how you want to be treated. As well, I'm a 20 year old that's currently studying at university. As some people know, uni can be stressful and time consuming. Therefore, I'd like to think I'm organised and prepared for a role in the staff team. 

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would respond by going to the player to see if anyone else is involved, using !goto and ulx administrate (noclip, cloaking & god). If not, !jailtp the perpetrator to the admin room. I would continue by explaining the rule(s) they broke. The server population doesn't matter, so I would !ban the player for Mass RDM for 1 week. Knowing he has a history of being a minge and has been previously warned, the ban length could increase. If needed, I would consult with a senior staff whether to increase the ban or not. When the sit ends, I would screenshot the console, showing the mass RDM feed. Which could help for evidence in a possible ban appeal. 

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

Using ulx administrate, I would go to the player to see if anyone else is involved. If not, I would !bring the player to the admin room and explain what they've done. While explaining that well-known players have an important role on the server, as they set an example to new and current players. If the player is cooperative and understand what they've done wrong, I would give them a warning and let them know know the next warn could lead to a ban. However, if the player is uncooperative and doesn't care. I would ban the player (2 days to 1 week), depending how severe the issue is. Again, taking screenshots of the console, showing their mass RDM if needed for a ban appeal. 

• Agree 2

+1 

Great Application love role playing with you nice guy chill to hang out worth great detail in the application 

good luck!

• Friendly 1

+1 Good dude, knows the rules and has a high level of maturity. I believe he would make a great T-Mod

Good luck 🙂

• Friendly 1

+1 

Very good RPer and definitely know his stuff when it comes to rules. 

Also he's my dad so yeah.

• Funny 1

+1

River is kind, mature and has previous experience. Respected member of the community, shows maturity and is great at RP and leading his regiment.

• Friendly 1

I am probably one of the people who understand River the most. His leadership and loyalty has been consistenly proven, from his time in the Medics, to US Army, and now in the United Nations. He is fully capable of completing tasks and following directives in a diverse range of situations and expectations. River has the experience, maturity, and attitude that is required in a staff member; is able to keep calm under pressure, and can adapt and improvise to the situation when required. All in all, River would be a vaulable and helpful addition to the Colossal Gaming Staff Team. +1

• Agree 1

+1 sexy ex-em, good UN leader, he has played long time on cg

good luck

• Friendly 1

+1

Follows the server rules very well

Long time member of the community

Relaxed character who is easy going. 

• Friendly 1

+1

Ex-Staff, has been playing the server for a while, definitely worthy for moderator. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 

River is one of the most trustworthy, mature and easy-to-get-along people in the server. I believe he has what it takes to become mod, and a good one at that. 

❤️ 

• Friendly 1

Accepted.