Sign in to follow this  
Xhenoa

Bring back Killfeeds

Suggestion Name: Killfeeds (A better one)

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Miscs (?)

Addon Pack (Optional): N/A

Addon Pack File Size: N/A

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):

Why should it not be re-added? Some of you might say it ruins immersion, as it could be used to metagame. Why not put things this way instead:

if you killed someone it just says:

You (Literally "You") | Killed a | "HS icon" | "Faction Name"

but it will display to others as:

"Faction Name" | Killed a | "HS icon" | "Faction Name"

OR

if you killed someone it just says:

You (Literally "You") | Killed a | "HS icon" | "Faction Name"

but it will NOT display to others.

It is very satisfying to say atleast, to see on someone's display that they've "pwned" someone and also everybody misses them. Why not give it another shot? I've provided these as to prevent metagaming and have a better chance of being applied in-game.

"Just do Developer 1" if only Developer 1 doesn't make clog up everyone's display with "vertex errors", "max channels", and the blackhawk sound error. Then this suggestion wouldn't exist.

" Just con_filter_enable 1" if only you don't have to do it every time you launch the game. Even put it on autoexec.cfg but to only filter out one word, so you just filter out the text manually again.

Having this applied, hopefully, will improve quality of life in-game aswell as increase player happiness. 👌

Screenshots (Optional): N/A

• Agree 2

Neutral 

I like the concept and it would make for a good idea. I do miss it myself.

However, I feel like the community would strive for more toxicity as people would strive to use more toxic meta choices and tactics (i,e ACR Slight of Hand and Headglitching) in order to get their name on the feed as to "flex". The second option would fix that problem but I also believe that it would nullify  the purpose of having it up there as no one else can see it and would be a waste of time and effort just to have some words appear on screen. I am no scripter or well reinforced in the world of ULX and either how much Staff are doing at the moment but I feel this is too much effort to remake the leaderboard when even the old leaderboard would suffice. 

• Clown 1

2 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

get their name on the feed as to "flex"

it only displays faction names, not literal names

+1
Just bring back old killfeed tho 

• Agree 1

+1 cool feature bring it back

• Agree 1

Maybe if they just bring it back for events the kill feed but disable it on home map

Edited by Dan
  • Clown 2