Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

Eclipse's Developer Application

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:169836462

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198299938652

Current In-Game Alias (E.g. PVT Badger): CHN Eclipse

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Badger): Eclipse

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Affirmative.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: Negative, closest I got was a warn.

Any work that you'd like to show?:

A project which keeps track of arrests, uses MySQLoo for databasing, allowing it to be displayed on a website (Given time I can make a website to display it, though I suck at front-end web development. ). There is another menu which a player can view arrests in-game. The project was based with badger's version 1.0 gamemode in mind *I think it's badger's gamemode*. I had previously used it whilst developing for a SWRP server.

This is an outdated version of a project of mine.  There are improvements I would make given continuation of the project.

1. The System uses SQL, but I didn't escape strings for names & other custom inputs.
  2. The derma still uses a DFrame based object, which is not good in my opinion. In the future I would make a custom Frame like object.
  3. The DListView based object is a bit sketchy in the way I made it, selection is strange in the way I did it.
  4. I should've made a option for mySQLite, currently the system only using mySqloo

I've made previous work but have lost footage or recording, and in comparison to this they are mundane. I do have a recording of a very unfinished project, I can show people the code for the file if requested.

I am open for people to give me small projects so I can prove I know Glua.

I also have knowledge of javascript ( Mostly utilizing google scripts ) Example below. This example was based on someone else's code, but it has been VERY heavily modified.

My Version: https://pastebin.com/0MNChaJ5

Old Version: https://pastebin.com/19zT1BaF

The script allows for spreadsheet time monitoring time/LOAs of people in a players regiment. The impressive part is the monitoring time in my opinion as it sorts it into days.

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.64adb45a6afb07de3341caf06a5e1e9f.png

Edited by Eclipse
  • Funny 2

+1

Eclipse is a decent guy. I only know a bit of SQL, not LUA or whatever this code is, but the example shown looks pretty good to me. I believe it would be good if there was another developer to help Badger out with the workload considering I'm pretty sure he has commitments IRL.

Edited by Jackal
  • Friendly 1

+1 Give him dev so he can fix grenade launcher.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

+1 Would be a very good dev for the team. Give him DEV.

• Friendly 1

+1 Would do good in dev team and the clip you showed was awesome! 

• Friendly 1

+1 This seems like really top level developer stuff.

• Friendly 1

+1 this guy is legit tech support ngl no cap

• Friendly 1

+1 knows how to code and is also a good guy

• Friendly 1

+1 gib this man al-shebab chef

GIF-200208_220210.gif

• Friendly 1

+1, would be great dev

still better than him with my scratch skillz

• Friendly 1
  • Funny 1