Sign in to follow this  
Midday

Rules regarding Ghosts/Assasins

Suggestion Name: we should allow Al Qaeda Assasins and USMC Ghosts to enter opposite factions base, only if a Chief/Officer+ tells them to do so.

Suggestion Type (Rank, Vehicle, Menus, Regiment): Rules

Addon Pack (Optional): N/A

Addon Pack File Size: N/A

Reason (Why would you like this added/removed):  I believe that it would add to the RP of the subclass substantially. Assasins are primarily tasked with taking out high-ranking soldiers of the opposite faction, and this will make it not only easier, but more fun. Imagine this. Your Commander comes up to you. He says 'Alright, we need to take out a Major of the US Army. he is currently hiding out in his base. You need to go in stealthily, take him out, and get out without being killed/captured.' This rule should only be applied if an Officer/Chief tells them too. This makes it similar to a raid, however more stealthy. I believe that most of the players who are ghost/assasins will not abuse this power, since they have donated $35 to the server, and most likely wouldn't like to get banned if they have made a financial investment into this game. This should only be allowed every 2 hours (a bit like how raiding cooldown is 30 mins) to avoid having assasins running throught the base all day. I know this suggestion may be a little far-fetched, just want to see what you guys think of it. Thanks for reading!

Screenshots (Optional): N/A

This would be an interesting idea, but there'd have to be a specific RP reason for it to happen. Also if they were to be tasked with taking out a HVT, they should only be able to kill that one person, and they must leave after doing so and if they're found they will be killed/taken hostage. Perhaps it could only happen before an event to add to RP or for mini events? It'll be interesting to see other's perspective on this.

25 minutes ago, Yapopey said:

This would be an interesting idea, but there'd have to be a specific RP reason for it to happen. Also if they were to be tasked with taking out a HVT, they should only be able to kill that one person, and they must leave after doing so and if they're found they will be killed/taken hostage. Perhaps it could only happen before an event to add to RP or for mini events? It'll be interesting to see other's perspective on this.

I like these ideas, especially with the RP reason. Maybe we can take out Paulee when he takes a high ranking Taliban hostage (an example, for bullshits sake). 

What if you fail you mission and you're spotted? What happens? Do you submit defeat or attack them and initaite a raid? Would attacking him count as a solo raid?

Edited by Bob Jane

I assume it could be used as counter intelligence, as they'd torture the spy for information and then Taliban may be able to have advantages for a raid, such as fake intel to lure a lost of US to an area so there will be fewer people to defend a raid, or get a special entrance into the base like a ladder etc. This makes it fair if the mission fails and ensures that the US will only use it sparingly and with skilled operatives to ensure their security.

10 hours ago, Bob Jane said:

What if you fail you mission and you're spotted? What happens? Do you submit defeat or attack them and initaite a raid? Would attacking him count as a solo raid?

Maybe you’re required to surrender yourself or something 

I think that this would be a shit ton of fun, I agree with it. There are just rules that need to be made around it to make it fair e.g. what to do when caught. Anyway, I agree, this would be fun and add a new reason to donate to the server.

• Agree 1

On 1/31/2020 at 7:53 AM, Midday said:

Maybe you’re required to surrender yourself or something 

Just thought of this now. Group FearRP is a thing aye

I asked a mod about this and they said that the assassination thing could only be done in a raid. I’d like to see this idea come to light though.

Well the whole idea is to let it be allowed in this exact scenario

I think this idea would be a great addition to the established RP on the server, however, like what Yapopey said, it would need to be tied in with extra RP for it to make sense, which would defeat the purpose of letting them do it, as it would most likely need to go through an RPO anyway. If it was just "Hey you, go in there and kill Colonel Sanders", and that's it, it would be somewhat pointless as the RP wouldn't evolve into anything. The only real way for this to work would for an RPO to get involved in my opinion.
I feel it would make more sense if it was abduction instead of assassination, as abduction wouldn't need an RPO as there is already hostage RP established on the server.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Jackal said:

I think this idea would be a great addition to the established RP on the server, however, like what Yapopey said, it would need to be tied in with extra RP for it to make sense, which would defeat the purpose of letting them do it, as it would most likely need to go through an RPO anyway. If it was just "Hey you, go in there and kill Colonel Sanders", and that's it, it would be somewhat pointless as the RP wouldn't evolve into anything. The only real way for this to work would for an RPO to get involved in my opinion.
I feel it would make more sense if it was abduction instead of assassination, as abduction wouldn't need an RPO as there is already hostage RP established on the server.

I like the idea of having an RPO supervise. This will ensure that if the guy just decides to go into us base and kill a bunch of people, they will be punished quickly. Also it will deter them from doing so.

18 hours ago, Midday said:

I like the idea of having an RPO supervise. This will ensure that if the guy just decides to go into us base and kill a bunch of people, they will be punished quickly. Also it will deter them from doing so.

there arent not many ghosts/assassins at the moment but if implemented would mean there would be many more, and with our RPO team of 4, and not all of us at on at all times, there arent enough of us to be able to play the server/do other RPO things if we have to watch over them, its a good idea but i think of instead of RPOs it should be Admin+ & RPO

Edited by Gizmo

On 2/4/2020 at 7:39 PM, Midday said:

It wasn't so much of an idea as it was a limitation, the RPO supervision was more to be around RP to go with the assassination, as without it, the assassination would be pointless, and as it will need RPO supervision anyway, there isn't much point making an exception for assassinations in the rules.

Alternatively you could implement a rule where you can only kill other people as an assassin if the person is shooting at you. Possibly a thing where you can go undercover?

I like the idea but this would create loop holes within the rules regarding raiding and fearRP which cannot be fixed easily with more rules. If the idea was to be employed it would be through our Role Play Overseers, as something like this should be monitored closely to ensure rules aren't broken.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1