Sign in to follow this  
Yapopey

Yapopey's Event Master Application

Posted (edited)

General

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:452647924

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Yapopey

Current In-Game Alias (E.g. Captain Deston): Captain Yapopey.

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Yapopey.

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: I am not.

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: I have not.

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof): I have 1088 hours on Gmod (on numerous accounts), and 459 hours on CG MilitaryRP at the time of writing. https://www.gametracker.com/player/Yapopey/139.99.162.1:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? : I am a guest.

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: I know ULX through my own experimentation in single player and observing other staff using it; I will continue to learn about it with experience. I know the basic and essential commands of the plugin.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: Most marines will know me as their captain, and I try to make myself known among other players on the server, though it is harder for the Taliban. I would say a 7/10 among regular players, 6/10 among staff and 5/10 among the Taliban.

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes I am.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: I use a microphone regularly.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: I have been and always will be taking my duties seriously and try my absolute best to uphold them.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I have never been banned, however I have a warn from 02/09/19 for shooting into spawn. I made sure to learn from this and have thus never done it since.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree): I ensure everyone that they can trust me to obey the rules and keep my powers to being used for what they’re for.

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?: I have been given jugg multiple times during events, and I often try to support the EM team with feedback or encouragement. I also use my tool gun to setup a DB stage and order the US to line up.

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?: After seeing the capability and ethic of the hard-working EM team I found that I want to be able to help them as much as I physically can, and that anything to be of use to them and therefore the greater player-base is what my goal as an EM would be. I have also been a part of brilliant events in the part, and wish to create something great as well, so I can leave an impact on the server.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: Through my experience as an officer I feel like delivering clear and concise briefings, as well as leading and inspiring players is something that I am able to do effectively.

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: I use multiple CG discords everyday, being the official discord plus faction and regiment discords.

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?: Through experience, I found that as my current role the discord servers serve as much purpose as necessary, and that TS servers would not be useful. However I am aware as a staff member the TS servers are where most communication is coordinated (though I hear it’s been offline for a while and may be closed).

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & TeamSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes, I will never abuse my discord and TS powers and I am aware of and know the rules.

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on MilitaryRP: I mostly answered this in my inspiration to become an EM, however as previously stated I want to be able to help the EM team with everything they do and give quality and fun events to those who participate.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?: Having experience participating in events, I know what much of the player base wants to do and therefore I’d be able to experiment with new ideas and push the limits of what an event can be whilst keeping the events running smoothly as to not be too complicated for players.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application): At 2:15, 5:15 and 8:15 (AEST) everyday, both factions are called to debrief, and given 5 minutes to assemble into lines, they are given a clear and short briefing on what their mission will be. The map will then change, and after a few minutes of set-up from staff both factions are once again given another short briefing on their mission. There will then be 15 minutes of fighting and afterwards a winner is declared. The map will change once again, and rinse and repeat as per last map change. Once the winner has been declared for the second time, both sides will be given levels according to how many victories and losses they had, a victory being 2 levels and a loss being 1. After levels have been given, everyone will return to the home map, go through a quick debrief as well as some promotions and announcements. Both factions will then be dismissed.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it. 

Question 1: As an Event Master, how do you react?

I would put myself in their shoes, try and understand the issue, and if it’s something that can be fixed immediately, I will do such thing, however if it is a fundamental issue with the event I will take notes and make sure to not do it a second time. Afterwards I would apologize for the quality of the event being so poor.

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

I would see if any other staff are online, and inform them that unfortunately they will have to take care of any complaints about the event since I will not be able to return. If it is the first part, I would apologize profusely, and kindly ask them if they could set up the next part of the event, and that it doesn’t need to be anything special. At the end of the second part, if they’re a high enough rank, they can give out levels, if not I will inform a higher rank to come online to give out levels at the end of the event. I will make precautions so that this kind of issue can never happen again.

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rgeuTL813foeyCc4Ox0Geduv4SUJhTDk_JrfUA_xb9k/edit?usp=sharing

Special thanks to everyone who assisted me with making my app!

Edited by Yapopey
  • Agree 1

+1
Your a great officer within my regiment, you show aspects of working hard, working together to finish a task between the officers and other marines. Very respectful member of the community, I have never seen you cause any problems for staff to deal with, you are an outstanding member of the community in multiple factors and as another plus, your event crafting is amazing, the amount of detail given is especially great. You look like you answered everything as much as possible towards the truth and passion of yourself, everything you wrote sounds like something you would say. You are a great leader and team worker overall, I recognize that you hold most and I say maybe all the expectations of a Staff member and a EM. 😄

• Friendly 1

+1 

I AM SO EXCITED THAT YAPOPEY MADE THIS APP

Yapopey is a great officer and perfect for EM. whenever something goes wrong in the event he always informs us in admin chat and gives great feedback. I have been pestering him for ages to make an EM app and he finally has! if you dont get accepted i am going to have the big angry.

Goodluck!

• Friendly 1

+1

Yapopey is a great officer and helped shape Marines into what it is today. He fits the role of EM perfectly, GL Yapopey ❤️

• Friendly 1

+1 

yapopey is a great officer and an awesome person who is always polite and a nice person. 

• Friendly 1

+1

He have done a lot of intresting thing, and that he does have idea that can be spark from many thinks. Hes paasionate to complete something when he have his sight on a proper objective. From my experiance i belive that he is the best position for a EM and that he can handle criticism and solve any senario that hes in

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

+1
Yapopey is a great officer is always working hard, when ever we are in the discord VC, he is always saying great ideas for events and that just shows me how good at this role you would be. GL 

Edited by Kruuze
  • Friendly 1

+1 Very mature and is deserving of Event-Master! Also very good Event-Crafting and interesting.

Currently 2LT of USMC Tactical

-Some rando who has been demoted 4 times with the name of Ronic.

• Friendly 1

+1 Yapopey is a well-mannered and respected person. He’s doing a great job in marines and would do a wonderful job as an EM. I would like to add to your event crafting; “PassiveRP,” I believe you could do more than let Tali and U.S just run around. I would try to involve RP Characters. For example; U.S send in a special force. All of U.S must follow them, while Taliban act as civilians. The special force discovers the objective and the Taliban realise this and fire upon the U.S. OR a Taliban leader wants to be a "peacemaker" and talk to all U.S. But it's an ambush and the objective is created. Small details can make a very good event. However, it’s decent event crafting.

Good luck!

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, River said:

+1 Yapopey is a well-mannered and respected person. He’s doing a great job in marines and would do a wonderful job as an EM. I would like to add to your event crafting; “PassiveRP,” I believe you could do more than let Tali and U.S just run around. I would try to involve RP Characters. For example; U.S send in a special force. All of U.S must follow them, while Taliban act as civilians. The special force discovers the objective and the Taliban realise this and fire upon the U.S. OR a Taliban leader wants to be a "peacemaker" and talk to all U.S. But it's an ambush and the objective is created. Small details can make a very good event. However, it’s decent event crafting.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice; I can see why running around through the map could be boring and I will take into account this when making other events.

+1 Yapopey is a great individual. He is a hard worker, active and a great guy.

• Friendly 1

I can say nothing bad about Yapopey, great leader and a very nice guy. He is very fitting to be an EM.

• Friendly 1

+1 Yapopey is a hard working and someone who is very creative, he skills are usefull to thr staff team. His personality is friendly and he is calm in all stressful situations.

Edited by Zynix
  • Friendly 1

+1 everything checks out good and the event crafting checks out better then most others. with the Briefing you dont model yourself you use F4 Menu. you will get taught for this stuff if you make it. the event crafting was good and the script was better.  the structure of the event is good as well. anyway good luck on your application.

• Friendly 1

+1 Very creative will 100% come up with good events and is an amazing officer excited to see what you'll do 

• Friendly 1

+1 - You seem to have a very strong understanding of the position and what it entails. I can't speak for how you are as an individual as we haven't really engaged at any point.

On the topic of your example event you made for this application: That is some damn fine event crafting. Like, it's been a while since I've seen someone put effort like that (screenshots, etc.). Your briefings are pretty well done and the plots make sense. You have a good approach to cover/prop placement as you seem to be keeping in mind balancing between functional placement and aesthetic placement. I can't get a full idea because I'd have had to see the whole setup but from what you've shown it's pretty good.

Overall, you'd definitely make a good addition to the EM team and bring some great ideas (although that remains to be seen) and if anything, just the extra manpower would help.

Honestly this reminds me of my old app. In a good way ofc.

Edited by Uni
  • Friendly 1

+1 Yapopey is a solid Officer and is very reliable and mature. Definitely deserves the job.

Accepted

Hello

• Friendly 1