Smilyface41

Smilyface41's Moderator Application

Posted (edited)

General

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:456098345

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198872462418/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston):  SGM Smilyface41

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston):  Smilyface41

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:  No I have never been staff

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?:  No I have never been staff

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof):  I have 1599.2833 Hour's    https://www.gametracker.com/player/Smilyface41/139.99.162.1:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? :  I am ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:  No I am not but with help I can learn fast

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: I feel like this  is  a 4-5 

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes I am in the steam group

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?:  I have a bad history with RDM's but that was because I did not know but now I do 

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?:  Yes I do understand that I can not treat my friends differently 

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes I do have a microphone

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times:  Yes I understand that the Colossal gaming server is to me monitored sensibly

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I do have a ban but this was back in  march 2019 I feel like you should still accept me as I 1 was not trained well (The person that trained me is permed) 2 I do now try my best to never break any of the rules and when i do i accept that I made a mistake and I never do said thing again. 3 I am very sorry about my ban and fell that I have matured over the month's I also feel that you should accept me as it is only a trial and if i mess up (I won't) My rank can be removed

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:  I only use the official CG discord for giveaway's and little thing's But I do use sec-ops, delta and marines discord I also use SAS, and the over discord's occasionally

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?: I do not use teamspeak much but I can use it if needed

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & TeamsSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel):  I understand that If accepted I can not abuse my discord and teamspeak power's and that they can be taken away at any second

Questions

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?: I feel like i should be accepted as i would love to help the community, by making sure people understand the rules that there are no rule breakers and that people are having fun. I also think i should be accepted as i can bring a new character model to the staff team and a new personality, I feel like I am easy to become friends with and good at fixing disputes. I do not have any staff experience to back up these claims but i am hoping that i will get accepted and be able to prove this to you all.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this: I will give ideas and listen to to others ideas I will give my honest opinion on them and when I give ideas I expect the same. If people do not like my idea that is ok and I will keep trying to think of ideas to make the server experience better for everyone

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively:   In my opinion i have not done anything that has impacted the server, But i hope that one day i will do something to make the server better than it already is.

Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:  I think i am easy to get to know and work with and once you get to know me im easy to become friends with, I always try to listen to others and hope to get to work with the staff team soon.

Scenarios

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would be calm and pull them into a sit I would check logs and see how many times they RDM'D if it was only a couple of times and they are new i would warn them and tell them it is not ok, If they continue to RDM i would jail them and check logs again, I would them ban the for 3 day and ask a higher ranking staff member to ban them for 1 week as this is mass RDM and it is not tolerated.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would pull them into a sit and tell them that it is not ok, As I can not be biased there will be the same punishment for all well know or not. I would explain this to them and tell them this I would then ban them for 3 days and get a higher ranking staff member to ban them for 1 week as Mass RDM is NOT Tolerated.

Edited by Smilyface41
Rank

This is almost a word for word copy paste of your last application

As much as you have 1.3k hours on the server, majority are AFK

I barely know you and/or have seen you actively playing the server

If you improve on the previous points, I will reconsider my choice.

I have seen you around the server, but in my opinion how you have acted in the recent months has been quite immature.

If you can show me you have improved, I may reconsider my Choice.

+1
This is a major improvement from your last application, over this period of time you have become a much more sensible and mature player in the community.  You are very well liked by almost all players and seen as responsible and a role model by all other players. I believe that you would be a perfect addition to the staff team and by not recruiting you they are making a major mistake. 

21 hours ago, Fosbury said:

This is almost a word for word copy paste of your last application

As much as you have 1.3k hours on the server, majority are AFK

I barely know you and/or have seen you actively playing the server

If you improve on the previous points, I will reconsider my choice.

Yes some of my time is afk and I only copied some answers as I feel That I answered them to the best of my ability eg. The scenarios But most of them are brand new.

I also play the server all day on the Holiday's and at least 3-4 hours after school, And for you not knowing me I am unsure how to fix that 

Regards Smilyface41

10 hours ago, Ross said:

I have seen you around the server, but in my opinion how you have acted in the recent months has been quite immature.

If you can show me you have improved, I may reconsider my Choice.

I am sorry to hear this I myself feel that I have improved I was quite mingy in marines but now that I went back to PVT and joined sec-ops I fell That I have gotten better I have climbed the ranks and try to follow the rules to the best of my ability, I also enforce the rules by being a sec-ops EG. A pvt shoots his gun around base I would cuff them, but not arrest as He/She would be new I would say " Hey dont shoot unless your at the firing range" Because if they are new being put in jail for 5 min is no fun.

Regards Smilyface41

Smilyface, I feel like your maturity has improved exponentially since your last application, but this feels like the same application all over again, and some answers are a bit weird. Also, i'm pretty sure you haven't reached 3 weeks since your last application, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would love to see you on the staff team, but now isn't the time. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rito Skeeto said:

Smilyface, I feel like your maturity has improved exponentially since your last application, but this feels like the same application all over again, and some answers are a bit weird. Also, i'm pretty sure you haven't reached 3 weeks since your last application, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would love to see you on the staff team, but now isn't the time. 

It has been more than 3 weeks and like I said to Fosbury some of the answers  are the same as I feel that I have answered them to the best of my ability 

Edited by Smilyface41

Posted (edited)

You fail Rp many time, shooting friendly US soldier when they are in the car and lastly you AFK mroe than helping the server or even play the server. Even you donate to the server to show detication its not about the time you are on the server (afking) its playing and making friends

so smily im am sure that you are not fit to be mod

Edited by N3V
By withnessing events that lead to this...

Just now, N3V said:

Neutral

If you are more mature and more reasonable i might consider. However you still need to improve more on your attitude to how you handle the situation

Can I please have an example of this "Situation"?

+0 You somehow manage to redeem yourself in sec-ops but you still seem a bit immature. Plus you crashed the server once according to some staff

-1, Just saw him failrp - He clearly still doesnt know the rules, DM if you want proof

Edit: Also Player dissed 

Edited by RB | NitroRP.gg
  • Agree 1

Neutral I don't believe you deserve a position in the staff team yet, you need more time maturing and proving yourself to the community. However, you have improved since being in sec-ops. 

Good Luck!

-1 Seem you fail RP multiple times today alone (choose to deal with it in RP), I don't believe you follow rules enough for a staff position. 

Edited by Blaid225

-1 - After hearing you leaving sec ops then trying to ‘kill’ the regiment is extremely immature and silly. Next time you think something or someone is unfair, report it to HC or your CO, not try do something dumb. I don’t see how I was able to help you after you reported it to me because it was too late to even take action. 

I don’t see how you can be a staff member if you are going to be immature and perform actions the way you did.

• Winner 1

-1  - So, from what I've known of you since I've met you, you come off as immature and mingy. You don't seem to understand roleplay very well and also don't seem to have a strong grasp of the rules of the server. Normally, that'd get you a neutral from me.

BUT...

As Halstead stated above, after being threatened with a demotion (which was probably with good reason), you left the regiment (Sec Ops) and started telling people that you're trying to kill the regiment. You were going around to other Sec Ops members asking them to leave to assist you with this.

Overall this is not the behavior that would suit any member of any staff team on any server. You may change in future as you mature (you come off as rather young, possibly explaining some of your behavior) but letting you onto the staff team in your current state would be dangerous to the player base and would be just giving you more tools to mess around and ruin other people's game play with.

As for the entries in your application, it would be prudent to proof read it properly and fix up any grammatical and spelling errors in it (you can use a word processor to do this). Your responses seems pretty mundane/weak and your last 30 days Gametracker shows that you seems to mostly AFK on the server. Why should you get this position over a person who would be more active?

In Conclusion, Your application is pretty average and your behavior is SORELY LACKING to be considered as a staff member.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Tried killing a regiment due to threats of a demotion.

Don't think much more needs to be said. 

image.png.feefaa7fb1f4923c50adaf68b4b67c61.png

Denied.