Sign in to follow this  
Merlyn

Merlyn's Event Master Application.

General

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:187182258

Steam Community Profile Page Link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198334630245/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Drill instructor Merlyn

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Merlyn

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?: No

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: No

How much game time do you have on the server? (Provide proof)https://www.gametracker.com/player/Merlyn/139.99.162.1:27015/ and https://www.gametracker.com/player/Merlin/139.99.162.1:27015/ for a total of 930 hours

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? Ultimate

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: Limited but yes

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?: 4-5

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?: Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?: Yes

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times: Yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: I have one ban from last year which was given to me after i miss-clicked in a RPG only event and killed 4 people the warn was given to me but i was never banned.You should still accept me as i have matured over the last year and do everything in my power to follow the server rules.

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run?  (Type YES if you agree): Yes

Do you have any Event Experience (Have you played a Character in an Event or assisted in the Set-up)?: Yes i have in the past played event characters. 

What Inspires you to become an Event Master?:  I would like to become a event master because i appreciate the effort that goes into making events and feel that i could both help and host event. i also want to put my event ideas into action for other players to enjoy.  and i feel that i could be a helpful part of the event master team.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: Yes

Communication Servers Agreement

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?: I read though any news and look at the memes so when every now and then

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?: Every now and then or when ever needed.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & Teamspeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on Military-RP: I would like to become a event master because i want to make my event idea's into a reality and let other players enjoy the event and give me feedback on how i could be better. I would also like to contribute more too the community and feel as if running my own events is the best way that i could do this along side with how i think it would be a fun change of pace for me. I also feel that it would give me a chance to improve my own abilities.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?: I can bring new ideas to the table by moving away from the basic routine that some event masters can fall into. I would research my events on how it could work on the server, is it realistic, how many people would we need, How hard would it be to run, How would it work on the map and how hard of a set would it be and discussing with other event masters about how i could make it a more balanced and better experience for both sides.

Briefly describe how a "Typical Event" is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?:

Write up event and prepare[ Script, map, description,]

"@@@Both sides to debrief".-Ensure the both side are briefed using the event script PTS can be used if one side is down before the other.-Tsay Event description E.g "Secure the bomb to stop the tali".-After DB "@@@Prepare for map change"-Use ULX to change map-Place down spawn barricades -Rebriefs for both US and Tali on the mision-Tsay Event Desciption-Get map dupe down- "@@@MOVE OUT”- Watch over event ensure that side get suport if needed- Do it all again for part two- @@@PREPARE FOR MAP CHANGE” Use ULX to change map-”@@@LEVELS GIVEN”Get an admin to give out levels- Final Debrief- End Event

Scenarios

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As a Event Master, how do you react?

Ask the user what they don't like and see if you can fix it during the event if not fixable at the time take the info for use in your next event to make it better.

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react?

Ask a other event master to take over the event.in the event that there are no event masters that are on or can get on ask an admin if they can take over for you.

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ "model"), plot twists etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xc4B5qcl4GuaBAtl5kwDXeAJGtn80pma700MLDvb_M4/edit#

Edited by Merlin
  • Agree 1

+/-

Fix Document Permissions

Could expand on some answers

2 hours ago, Fosbury said:

+/-

Fix Document Permissions

Could expand on some answers

Thanks for telling me that.

+1

Really great and funny guy, Definitely deserving of EM. Really fun to RP with, and really good CO.

Goodluck with your app!

+1 he is a CO and lonely he needs friends, so he can make some he should be accepted. Also he is capable, mature and active. He has been on the server for a long time and deserves a chance at EM.

+1 good player, hasnt done anything stupid, follows rules and we need ems

+1 This guy is a team player and a legend to do work

+1 Great guy, easy to get along with and uses great teamwork and leadership skills! EMs could 100% could use Merlyn without a doubt!