41 members have voted

1. 1. What was wrong with Highlands last time

• Lack of resticted area "Checkpoint RP"
    • Spetznaz and their KOS rules
    • US not leaving base
    • Lack of RP around the map
    • Not enough RP for Taliban outside of Checkpoints
    • Other

The staff team is interested in finding out what your thoughts are on the topic "What went wrong last time with Highlands"

If you responded other, please reply below with what you believe was the problems last time.

1 minute ago, An Spoon said:

So basically, 

E v e r y t h i n g .

See the source image

• Agree 1

The US doesn't even leave the base even when there is no Taliban outside of the base.  There is nothing to do, the first Taliban player you come across will kill you without the safety of the US walls and snipers.  Having RP at the checkpoint gives players something to do.   Whether it's chilling and talking to players, patroling the checkpoint, chasing naughty civilians, or trying to kill each other the front of the US base checkpoint has always been a focal and interesting part of the home map experience.
The US leave the base when Officers take them or if there is a system event but that is only small parts of home map playtime as Officers have tasks to do such as training, tryouts, and supervision.  System events happen every 30 minutes so that's a couple of hours with no real objective to do.
If the south gate becomes functional again the Taliban will be spread too thin and the US base will become boring.
It's not even hard to leave the US base as players can climb the Southwest tower and walk along the wall till they can jump off into the trees.  But blocking the gate makes the West gate a more obvious place to defend and hang out around.
I appreciate the gate not working might make raiding harder for Taliban but you can use trucks and 1 player to boost if you're going for AFKs or a quick start on the intel.  Taliban never really raid through that gate anyway since Delta and Marines spawn so close and HC gets a view straight to the gate.

Vote "Not enough RP for Taliban outside of Checkpoints"

My other is there way too little taliban as I remember getting on and there only being 2-4 tali and 40 US during mid day  making it impossible to actually do anything as taliban without 15 US go to a point you started capping. If new players joined taliban they would just get bored as there were barely any other taliban and way too many US so they just went back to US so we didn’t get anymore members to fix the problem. Another thing was getting the US intel was also pretty impossible due to the numbers problem and it was in a close building with 2 exits only which could easily be camped or blocked entirely with riot shields. For most of the map only US got helicopters and tali had to “hijack” them which was impossible as they only spawned them when they had 10 other soldiers at the FOB so US always raiding with chinooks and attack helicopters and we had to run in on foot

Edited by Jarrad

1 hour ago, Jarrad said:

My other is there way too little taliban as I remember getting on and there only being 2-4 tali and 40 US during mid day  making it impossible to actually do anything as taliban without 15 US go to a point you started capping. If new players joined taliban they would just get bored as there were barely any other taliban and way too many US so they just went back to US so we didn’t get anymore members to fix the problem. Another thing was getting the US intel was also pretty impossible due to the numbers problem and it was in a close building with 2 exits only which could easily be camped or blocked entirely with riot shields. For most of the map only US got helicopters and tali had to “hijack” them which was impossible as they only spawned them when they had 10 other soldiers at the FOB so US always raiding with chinooks and attack helicopters and we had to run in on foot

Can’t remember the last time you played, but it’s gotten to the point where Taliban pop and US pop Is close to 50/50.

However I know what you mean. There were problems yesterday with MP’s where someone got 20 minutes added to their sentence for breaking out of cuffs lmao (map change saved them).

On 10/31/2019 at 8:11 AM, Bob Jane said:

Can’t remember the last time you played, but it’s gotten to the point where Taliban pop and US pop Is close to 50/50.

However I know what you mean. There were problems yesterday with MP’s where someone got 20 minutes added to their sentence for breaking out of cuffs lmao (map change saved them).

During highlands the ratio was around Tali 20/80 US during the first school holidays

• Agree 1

Highlands is doing pretty good atm with the server keeping a consistant 40-60+ players during peak.  I'm hoping we can find an addon that might give US more reason to leave the base.  Any suggestions please feel free to dm me with a link to the add on.

Want to join the Spetsnaz. Contact me

On 11/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, Diirex said:

Want to join the Spetsnaz. Contact me

Imagine