Sign in to follow this  
Miller

Miller Moderator Application

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:448387843

Steam Community Profile Page Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198857041414

Current In-Game Alias :
Major Miller [Mute]

Most Commonly Known Alias :
Miller.

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:
No.

Have you been staff on any other communities?:
No.

How much game time on Colossal Gaming MilitaryRP do you have? (Provide proof):
1128 Hours
https://cache.gametracker.com/player/Colour Blind Bomb Squad/139.99.162.1:27015/

What is your current rank in-game (e.g.: User, Respected, Gold, ect)? :
Ultimate 

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?:
Yes, I’ve used ULX before and know how to use most basic functions.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well are you known throughout the community by both players and staff members?:
I believe I’m around a 6

Are you currently in Colossal Gaming Steam group?:
Yes.

Do you follow and enforce the server rules to the best of your ability?:
Yes, as an officer it is my duty to make sure people in and outside my regiment uphold the server rules.

Do you accept that you cannot treat your friends any differently to ordinary players?:
Yes.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to assist you while dealing with players?:
Not currently, No, but this is soon to change.

Do you understand that Colossal server(s) are to be monitored sensibly and your duties are to be taken seriously at all times:
Yes, I understand.

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you:
I do not currently have any bans.

~Communication Servers Agreement~

How often do you use the Official CG Discord server?:
Every now and then for talking to players and checking announcements. 

How often do you use the TeamSpeak server?:
Every once in a while to talk to members that only use the TS server.

If you become successful in your application, you will be given a Discord & TeamSpeak Server Group that is appropriate to the position you were successful in. Please understand that you may not be given access to this Server Group instantly. By typing YES you agree to never abuse your Discord & TeamSpeak powers and acknowledge that you understand the Discord & TeamSpeak Rules (#lobby Channel): Yes, I fully understand this.

~Questions~

Why should the staff team accept you as a Moderator on Colossal Gaming Military Roleplay?:
I believe that I’d be able to help the staff team and have shown my loyalty to the server with my time and dedication put into ranking up.

Discuss your ability to work in a team and give examples that demonstrate this:
I’d like to say I work well with others, I’ve shown this ability in my leadership and organizing raids against the Taliban while working with US for the best outcome.

Discuss any past experiences that you believe have impacted the server and player(s) positively: 
I think many of the small RPs myself and other officers have done have has positive impact on the server (e.g Doctor RP, City patrol RP, helping Civis, protecting civis from taliban and gaining intel for RP lead raid, ect.)
Describe your personality and speak a little about yourself:
Hello, I’m Miller, I'm an average player on colossal gaming, I'd like to say I'm a nice-ish Human being, I treat everyone the way they treat me, that's about it.

~Scenarios~

Scenario 1: A Player is running around on the server and rdming constantly. Despite previous warnings from other staff, this player is still on his murder spree. All the other staff has logged off and you are the only one left. The player count is around 35. You've encountered this player before and have found him to be quite the minge.

Question 1: As a Moderator, how do you react?

Since the player has a history with staff for rdm I would jailTP him under the map.  I would explain to the player that their behaviour is not acceptable.  Depending on the person's history I would issue a 3 day ban then I would make a notice in staff discord, In the notice I would detail what the player has done, his relevant warns (RDM/MRDM/TK warns) and ask a Moderator+ extend their ban.

Scenario 2: A well-known Player has Mass-RDMed a small squad of Players on his own team. This Player has been a very great member in the past, however recently you've observed that they are slipping up a lot.

Question 2: As a Moderator, how do you react?

I would TP him and the other players under the map and talking to them and discuss what's happening.  Once I have learned the full story of what happened I will return the players who were killed to where ever they were.  If the player was just meming his freinds I will have to explain a few things.  I would explain that the player's behaviour recently has come to the attention of the staff.  The player needs to sort out his attitude towards RP on the server as it will eventually lead to him being banned.  The player has been a great member in the past so I would explain that he is getting a chance to redeem and prove themselves and !warnid steamid MassRDM - killed friendlies as a joke.  Fix your behaviour or you may face a future ban(s) for such behaviour - warn.
If the player was minging the sit and not taking it seriously I would consider issuing a 1-day ban to highlight how serious the issue is.
As staff members we want our community to feel welcome on the server but obviously we need to push for more serious RP. 

Edited by Miller
  • Agree 1

+1
I've given Miller some pointers on where I think the application could be improved on.
However, I'm still adamant that Miller will make for a great staff member.  He has been on the server for quite some time now being regiment officer to both Sec ops and 75th he has shown good leadership and maturity.  Most players that know miller should have no qualms as he upholds and respectable manner and is enjoyable to RP with.

+1 legendary guy

Move to EM tho 

+1

Good guy

+1 

Do I really need to say?

1. He is a respected player on the server.

2. He is active player on the community.

3. he is trust worthy.

4. He helps others when they don't know what to do.

5. he is a kind person.

6. Great Maturity.

7. Great leadership skills.

And more! Overall, Miller is a great player on the server, he will definitely help the community if he gets staff, Good luck Miller on your application for it.

+1
Miller is a great member of the community and has shown his trustworthy by getting up the ranks and achieving Major of the 75th, the answer to your questions was decent to a good standard, I can see you as a staff member.

+1 cool guy and follows rules would be good as mod.

+1 Epic and has the qualities of being a mod

+1,

works well in a team and when we was my commander he was nothing but respectful 

+1

Miller has shown while he has been an Officer of 75th Ranger's great responsibility and dedication to his position as an officer and I believe these are great skills needed to become a great staff member and I believe that he would show the same attitude towards his staff position if he was given the role of staff.

Good Luck Furry man

+1, cool dude, been on the server a while

-1 used the shittest two colours possible for his application

+1
Miller is a really cool dude IMO. The answers for the scenarios are good and you are an active member of the community. Made me an epic birthday cake, even though it did almost cause a forest fire; screenshots attached. The colour looks like the Joker had a bit too much fun and let it out on your text. You would make a great addition to the staff team.
:)

image.png

Accepted.